Orion Forcing

MC0493

So with in the last week or so Orion has become a big big deal in my center. For the longest time it was usually just do orion first stop and carry on. Now they're instructing us to run orion, be at 85% trace or under the miles, or we will face disciplinary action. Our ocs's even stated that if our cars are bricked in the am that they are to tear them apart to find the orion first stop if need be.

This seems pretty freakin ridiculous, it's the wrong time of year to have to spend extra time digging around in the back of the car. I assume its been forced in other places, but what disciplinarian action can they possibly take against us?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So with in the last week or so Orion has become a big big deal in my center. For the longest time it was usually just do orion first stop and carry on. Now they're instructing us to run orion, be at 85% trace or under the miles, or we will face disciplinary action. Our ocs's even stated that if our cars are bricked in the am that they are to tear them apart to find the orion first stop if need be.

This seems pretty freakin ridiculous, it's the wrong time of year to have to spend extra time digging around in the back of the car. I assume its been forced in other places, but what disciplinarian action can they possibly take against us?

Do it before clock in.

MC0493

I know it can be done, i expect to be close 100% today as i followed Orion stop for stop except for a couple of times. It's just a royal pain. I'm almost afraid to try and run rdo now on routes i know as i don't know if i'll end up in compliance.

StoptheAct1212

Never looked at it yet.... the one day they rode with me a few months back.... i shut it off after 6. Waste of a day.... orion is for the :censored2:ers trying to beat the system... thanx for :censored2:in it up for us that do our job...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I upset the ORION Universe yesterday. I asked for a new DIAD Friday night after damaging one. (I ran over mine, whoops!!!) I came in Monday morning and I had the same DIAD in my slot, only I had to key in my name, ID, and route when I pulled the download. My route loaded, but I had to override all 155 stops all day. I beat ORION by two miles as usual and ran .01 under allowed, but still got chewed out by a supervisor. The OMS did give me a mint condition DIAD Friday night, it was just in another slot and I didn't know it was there. Oh well, crap happens.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im getting a 3 day ride. Day 1 in ditch.

I was 11 miles over, 90 in trace and 2.11 late.

Today i was 14 over, 15 sporh, 1.5 late, estimating 95 % in trace.

But you were under an hour last week, and ......and only 5 miles over. Yes but i was 67% in trace.

Tell me which number you want.

El Correcto

god is dead
Seems to me like they are trying to break drivers down into following their failed plans and having service failures. Something they actually can fire you for.

Box Ox

Or....make it the dispatch managers job to make sure the 1st stop is accessible. I disagree if you are saying we should work off the clock, as I should.

Yep. Probably a difference between cracking your head open going for that dumb little first stop box buried behind the tallest point of your blowout load off the clock vs on.

El Correcto

god is dead
Couple tips for this, pay attention to the numbers. If they issue discipline just go to the Orion charts and see who else was over on miles or not within trace. Get you a nice picture and don't say anything or try to throw people under the bus. Their harassment in situations like this is provable and is retaliatory.

Box Ox

Seems to me like they are trying to break drivers down into following their failed plans and having service failures. Something they actually can fire you for.

It really does. And you'd better clean up their mess and catch all of the commit and commercial problems every day or it's your butt. Bad load? Not loaded at all and left the building late? Tons of left turns against heavy traffic? No such thing. Everything is perfect in ORION world. And you'd better not be over allowed in time or mileage.

El Correcto

god is dead
It really does. And you'd better clean up their mess and catch all of the commit and commercial problems every day or it's your butt. Bad load? Not loaded at all and left the building late? Tons of left turns against heavy traffic? No such thing. Everything is perfect in ORION world. And you'd better not be over allowed in time or mileage.
Yup. Be prepared to touch every box to make sure before you not found something and move on. Also let them know before leaving building you are set up for failure as usual.

Rack em

Made the Podium
ORION world :lol: