Orion Forcing

BrownArmy

Immediately switch to RDO.

Not a peep, although I'm a cover driver.

We've only had ORION for a few months, but we're in Boston.

Even the ORION guys said it probably wasn't going to work.

MC0493

Word this morning at the pcm is it won't be first 25 stops, first 30 is what it'll be. Sup said they'll tell us how to do it tomorrow. I'd definitely have late air and businesses closed if I did the first 30 in orion.

Star B

White Lightening
I didn't force anything on thee, that is some management that is doing it to you... dont worry, FX is similar i followed trace and it did suck, backtracking me to the same gated community 2x 2 hours apart.
Unless your ISP tells you to run ROADS stop for stop, then I wouldn't. I'm lucky where my manager won't bother me about running routed order as long as I make service and SPH.

I'm sorry, I can't run a retarded route that has me crossing the street all day.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Word this morning at the pcm is it won't be first 25 stops, first 30 is what it'll be. Sup said they'll tell us how to do it tomorrow. I'd definitely have late air and businesses closed if I did the first 30 in orion.
You must have some big bad sup at your building, believing that he wears the big boy britches ...

Grey

There's a few guys that follow it near 100% everyday and it keeps our hub average above 85%. They're taking one for the team.

MC0493

You must have some big bad sup at your building, believing that he wears the big boy britches ...
That's not the impression i get from him. It's the whole building being forced on this crap and the sup atleast makes it seem all this forcing is coming from above him. We went from orion meaning nothing to all this. Doubt the sups are just going to wake up one day and start forcing orion on us all.

Overpaid Union Thug

I respectfully disagree.

They are padding their pay checks.
Or working as directed. If ORION was such a great tool then it would shine on routes that are being run at 100%. The only people that are "beating ORION" here are the ones that are doing their own thing. And management thinks ORION is working because those people are around 85%. It's garbage.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I have beat the miles for the last 3 days, and was .78
hrs under yesterday,... so friend* Orion

Nothing tops RDO, and area knowledge.

JL 0513

ORION is garbage just about anywhere. At best it's a VERY..... VERY..... VERY expensive way of telling us to reduce miles.

This brings up an interesting point. Although there's no doubt that UPS developed this in order to save miles (money), whether it works or not UPS now has a sophisticated tool to use against drivers. There is now a "solution" for your route everyday that shows how many miles you should be able to run it in and in how many hours. So now it places pressure on drivers to care about mileage efficiency so that you don't look incompetent especially when you decide to run it your way. Let's be honest, did we ever care about mileage before Orion? In fact, for more time allowance, guys were very casual with miles. So in the end, even if Orion itself performs poorly, UPS still wins because it has changed driver behavior.

Overpaid Union Thug

This brings up an interesting point. Although there's no doubt that UPS developed this in order to save miles (money), whether it works or not UPS now has a sophisticated tool to use against drivers. There is now a "solution" for your route everyday that shows how many miles you should be able to run it in and in how many hours. So now it places pressure on drivers to care about mileage efficiency so that you don't look incompetent especially when you decide to run it your way. Let's be honest, did we ever care about mileage before Orion? In fact, for more time allowance, guys were very casual with miles. So in the end, even if Orion itself performs poorly, UPS still wins because it has changed driver behavior.
They have made me a less efficient driver. The only thing coming out ahead is my paycheck.

beefybudds

I follow Orion in the mid to upper 90%.
It is set up so I deliver when I pickup to my pickup accounts as long as I have no nda for them.
I will drive by places 3 times b4 I stop there for delivery.
I will spend 10 minutes unloading my truck to get to that stop in the middle of blown out truck.
I will how ever break off trace to prevent late nda and missed businesses.
I work as directed.
Orion has given me the chance to make more money for doing less work than b4 we got it.
Yes it's stupid to follow it but why turn down the extra money.
The guys who fix Orion's problems are the ones who get loaded up cause mgt knows driver will do it there way.
In our bld you can be 30 miles over with 50% trace without any talking to.
We have been on Orion for 3 months or so.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
ORION and telematics metrics are back with a vengeance in my building. Harassment is now the standard tactic. They are giving warning letters out like crazy. Every other morning consists of 5-10 drivers being held over after the PCM to be giving a warning letter for ORION or "talked to" about telematics.

Some of us are required to send a message informing them that we will be over our ORION miles and to get approval for that and for each time we break trace. And they want to know by how many miles. LOL! Many of us are now running our routes at 100% no matter how stupid it is. Some are running it more logically but blasting the center with messages asking for approval to break trace. Grievances are about to be through the roof. If they aren't already.
This is just insane. How could they possibly think this is a good way to run the business?