Orion Forcing

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I follow Orion in the mid to upper 90%.
It is set up so I deliver when I pickup to my pickup accounts as long as I have no nda for them.
I will drive by places 3 times b4 I stop there for delivery.
I will spend 10 minutes unloading my truck to get to that stop in the middle of blown out truck.
I will how ever break off trace to prevent late nda and missed businesses.
I work as directed.
Orion has given me the chance to make more money for doing less work than b4 we got it.
Yes it's stupid to follow it but why turn down the extra money.
The guys who fix Orion's problems are the ones who get loaded up cause mgt knows driver will do it there way.
In our bld you can be 30 miles over with 50% trace without any talking to.
We have been on Orion for 3 months or so.
I see idiots there every morning an hour before start time going through their Orion trace for the day. I'm like you realize you're working for free?

Oh Shoot

I see idiots there every morning an hour before start time going through their Orion trace for the day. I'm like you realize you're working for free?
I look at the computer just to see my stop count for the day i could care less to memorize the trace. I know the route so i just do stop for stop as orion shows me and just cruise around in circles all day.

beefybudds

This is just insane. How could they possibly think this is a good way to run the business?
My center does not care about the customers anymore. Our pickup accounts are getting there delivery when we do there pickups.
Most drivers will break trace to avoid this but I really don't care. If the company does not want me to do this then have Orion set up correct.

Overpaid Union Thug

This is just insane. How could they possibly think this is a good way to run the business?
Because they have little to no time in a package car. And those that do won't dare speak up because of the ever apparent fear of being humiliated and/or demoted by an over educated evil snake via a conference call from many miles away.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's another tool for harassing drivers so that corporate can present a dishonest metric that portrays a false sense of accomplishment to the stock holders.
Orion is part of the long term plan to make this job so that any monkey off the street can do it. Not next week or even 5 years from now but at some point that is going to be how they spin it

watdaflock?

So with in the last week or so Orion has become a big big deal in my center. Now they're instructing us to run orion, be at 85% trace or under the miles, or we will face disciplinary action. Our ocs's even stated that if our cars are bricked in the am that they are to tear them apart to find the orion first stop if need be.

This seems pretty freakin ridiculous

They don't pay you to think. Work as directed.

Hope this helps.

Overpaid Union Thug

Orion is part of the long term plan to make this job so that any monkey off the street can do it. Not next week or even 5 years from now but at some point that is going to be how they spin it
...or we are training our replacements...
UPS may be able to lie and fudge reports on how successful ORION is while we are driving but not with a bunch of scabs. The accidents and utter chaos that would ensue once they are set loose would be tragic and comical.

beefybudds

I guess you have not established a friendly relationship with your customers?
I live and deliver in the town I service. I have lost around $1500 a day worth of pickup volume cause of Orion. People in my town know big browns customers are the stock holders. The town I service is small 7000 people or so. So for you to say I don't have a friendly relationship is you talking out of your ass. My friends and community hate UPS. We once were the preferred choice but not any more. It is my friendly relationships with my customers that allow me to provide very poor service to them cause they know UPS does not care.
I work as directed.
If UPS changed there business model and decided to service my customers in a positive way I will do it.
I'm the sole delivery person in town. Rual America.

beefybudds

They are?

Wut?
I think ups wants all my pickups to cancel us. There are some days I pickup 10 packages with a total of 15 pickups.
Im very active in the community and spend lots of time with the people in my community so every on knows that it is UPS directing me to provide the piss poor service.