Orion help

8 Hour Day

It's not 4, it's 3 days over 9.5.

Print your time cards & staple them to your grievance.

I file a few weeks in a row, they bring the stops down. I enjoy a few weeks of decent work days, then they forget, can and I file again.

The reason they're violating 9.5 so often is corporate knows we have to "opt in" to even get 9.5 protection. So, center-wide "time cards" are based on every route being as close to DOT without risking them having to pull drivers off the road with stops on board Friday night.

Your only hope at having a wife and kids who know you is using the contract to your advantage, and use it aggressively.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our on car talked about Orion during our PCM yesterday morning. He basically told us that we need to "shut our brains off" and follow the solution stop for stop.

UniteandWin

You can use 4 or even 5 days in a 9.5 grievance, if it is your second violation in a 5th month period. It was a ruling on centers with ridiculous amounts of 9.5's being filed in a center. Even if you don't get paid for 4th or 5th day because of a local practice, it only makes your case better, for your center being understaffed

Sent using BrownCafe App

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Our on car talked about Orion during our PCM yesterday morning. He basically told us that we need to "shut our brains off" and follow the solution stop for stop.
As explained to me, the Orion solution is supposed to result in running the route with the least amount of miles. Though we have not gone to Orion yet, the solution is shown to us each morning on the computer as we pull up our route to look at it. I consistently beat Orion on mileage and I don't even come close to the Orion solution on running my route.

UniteandWin

The real point of Orion is for you to get more stops off in a shorter amount of time. Its all about pressure. You will see service stops strategically placed later in your day, its all about speeding you up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The real point of Orion is for you to get more stops off in a shorter amount of time. Its all about pressure. You will see service stops strategically placed later in your day, its all about speeding you up.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If that's the point it fails massively at that.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funny ours told us you guys obviously still have decisions to make but we need you to make them within the solution.

Just management making the job harder than it needs to be. Nothing new.

UniteandWin

People that run 85% orion work the most hours and file the most 9.5s in our center. Our sups get frustrated and say" run it how you want, if it keeps you from getting a 9.5". Its a joke. Then have sups that will set your orion up in the fashion that you run it. Its crazy mess

Sent using BrownCafe App

People that run 85% orion work the most hours and file the most 9.5s in our center. Our sups get frustrated and say" run it how you want, if it keeps you from getting a 9.5". Its a joke. Then have sups that will set your orion up in the fashion that you run it. Its crazy mess

Sent using BrownCafe App
I love when they cut a :censored2:load of routes on Mondays and Orion sets you up for disaster. DO YOU WANT US TO FOLLOW THIS PC OF :censored2: OR NOT!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My last air stop was scheduled for 923. I skipped all ground made 11 by 929. They had 6 other bulk stops peppered in. I get to my route at 940 on a good day. 17 per hour in 40 min, not.
Fire me please.

8 Hour Day

Ask your center manager what the Orion leave building time is set at. Then smile...
They had mine set 20 minutes before I leave. The explanation was that "leave building time" should be the moment the last package is pulled from preload.

So... when I pointed out how it decimated the rest of the ORION dispatch, they adjusted it. I then started keeping track of when ORION thinks I'll get to my first stop. It calculates it as me driving to the first stop - nonstop - at the speed limit. Um... trailing end of rush hour, anyone?

ORION was thinking I'd get to my first stop 10 minutes or more before I actually would.

To mgmt's credit, they adjusted my leave building time to something rational.