orion system abandoned???

DS

Fenderbender
orion is a disaster ,I took 2 days of my human life to set my edd perfectly, think a computer can do that?, and tell me where is safe to stop and where to cut thru back yards to keep from getting rear ended ,NOTTTTTT!!!! somebody better back up and see that they are being sold an IDEA, not any sort of solution as usual these folks see a dot on a piece of paper and have no realistic view of the complexity of how we keep our customer's needs met

You sound sincere,and I sense no love between Orion and you.
Thanks for posting! It just so happens that a certain BC member
can make the call to go back to the way it was 15 years ago...
OK I lied,even the pretizident is a mere grain of sand on shareholder beach.
Don't let it throw you,just do the job,and call if you'll have missed

You can't stop the Borg.You will be discarded if your productivity wanes.
Ahhh I hurt my back.....
Assimilation complete, host abandoned.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When we were growing mgmnt set up routes to deliver business first and resi later. Now it appears mgmnt sets up our day so we can continue to shrink.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
​I knew this thread was here somewhere.................................. we were told at a PCM (monday I think) that they are starting to upgrade to Orion. Ooooh goody.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
One of our on-road sups is on special assignment dealing with the Orion system. It is an obvious waste of money and I feel they are trying to rush it into place before next year's strike.

We are told to follow trace and any driver worth 32 an hour can figure his way around without his Diad continuously updating a route !!

rocket man

I was waiting to see what people said. The facts in the original post are wrong.

The corporate guys told me that the system was not stopped. They are waiting for the district restructuring to complete.

It did NOT cost $14M to install in 4 buildings.

Dill is right. It does reorder EDD.

I'm looking forward to corporate testing this thing. They are moving slow purposely. I think that is good.

P-Man
maybe they are waiting for new contract?. Befor they make the move? i heard it sucks

Overpaid Union Thug

If this disasterous idea does get implemented in our building I will try running my NDAs so that I finish them close to my first ground stop. That way "Orion" can't do to much damage.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Is it possible just to ignore it like most of us do with EDD? Once again this sounds like the company putting their made-up numbers (area trace %) ahead of real-world numbers (paid day, miles driven).

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How come you don't deliver to me in the morning like you used to? The computer tells you you can't? No problem, I'll start using Fedex.

C

chitterling

corporate guys live and breath a/c. don't know the real happenings that make our customers want US (the drivers) and not the other guys,they look at #s not people. when they dropped united parcel service for UPS service was the first to go. if their lips are moving.........

brownracer

Talking to the corporate types I can assure you that ORION has not been abandoned. In fact in the future it will be as big a part of our delivery and pickup process as EDD or changing from paper to the DIAD. There are currently plans for a phased deployment of ORION through 2014. It is that big-- if anything it is speeding up. Its primary goal is to give customers better service and make it easier for drivers to meet all the new service commits that are being introduced by business development. The days of having a set delivery and pickup route are over, we must all be more flexible to meet the competition and grow.