orion system abandoned???

Re-Raise

Talking to the corporate types I can assure you that ORION has not been abandoned. In fact in the future it will be as big a part of our delivery and pickup process as EDD or changing from paper to the DIAD. There are currently plans for a phased deployment of ORION through 2014. It is that big-- if anything it is speeding up. Its primary goal is to give customers better service and make it easier for drivers to meet all the new service commits that are being introduced by business development. The days of having a set delivery and pickup route are over, we must all be more flexible to meet the competition and grow.

I am guessing you didn't read any of the posts in this thread about the real world problems associated with it.

Based on your ability to ignore facts that don't fit your preconceived results , I believe you must be in management in a position far from the actual delivery of packages.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Talking to the corporate types I can assure you that ORION has not been abandoned. In fact in the future it will be as big a part of our delivery and pickup process as EDD or changing from paper to the DIAD. There are currently plans for a phased deployment of ORION through 2014. It is that big-- if anything it is speeding up. Its primary goal is to give customers better service and make it easier for drivers to meet all the new service commits that are being introduced by business development. The days of having a set delivery and pickup route are over, we must all be more flexible to meet the competition and grow.
I've kinda seen this coming with edd and pas. Soon you won't really bid a route, you'll bid a truck and a start time.

UPSGUY72

They had ORION in two (2) of the three building in my area (those building are small about 20 routes in one and 26 in the other) they didn't try it in th building with 120+ routes. They pulled the plug on them a year ago after about 18 months of trying to work the kinks out. The people that where there trying to get the system working correctly had to be put up in motel / hotel during the week for those 18 months and they still couldn't work all the kinks out...

It appears that they just moving on to another couple of building to try again because some desk jockey idea looks good on paper. Kind of like that UPS my choice that hardly any one uses.... another waste of money....

ORION doesn't take into account the hundreds of really word variables that change each day that we have to deal with....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Step away from the brown Kool-Aid....................

UPSGUY72

How many of those people paid $40 or are they just getting a email of the day of the delivery ???? I have only had 2 address get a e-sig one a couple of time and the other once. I have't had any time frame deliveries. This program cost money to run. Nothing is free. There will always be overhead, people have to monitor and tweek the program the servers that run the system have be maintained.

I

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had my first e-signature this past week. Came at a consignee's house that I deliver to just about everyday. Only paying member on my route that I am aware of.
In my center, there was a BIG push to get all employees to sign up for MY Choice. Have a gut feeling that 1 million customers include a large share of UPS employees.

UPSGUY72

Had my first e-signature this past week. Came at a consignee's house that I deliver to just about everyday. Only paying member on my route that I am aware of.
In my center, there was a BIG push to get all employees to sign up for MY Choice. Have a gut feeling that 1 million customers include a large share of UPS employees.

There was a push in are center over a month ago for driver to get people to sig up for my choice. Like anything else it was the flavor of the week haven't heard a thing about it since. Kind of like I haven't heard a word about telematics in over a month....

However it the end of the month and where close to 80 percent on pick up compliance so I sure this week we will get a message in the Diad that we need make sure we are +/- 15min for are pick ups...

C

chitterling

they do they hide them or.... sups run them and tell drivers to record in their diad

Buck Fifty

I think this ORION hoopla is based on the fact that the Romans and Egyptians worshiped the constellation and now the new rulers of the world are following suit. I wonder if all of UPS management has come from a planet near this star pattern. I bet they'll build a huge monument for it, so we can all go gaze in awe at it. Blow it up you say . Count me in. Its a jungle out there , they could have named it Leo. He is King of the jungle. But honestly, most people will probably hate it, cause its a change, and it will cut out the constant manipulation of the dumbed down mgmt they have left us with. Should be very interesting. JustTired said it best.

C

chitterling

no problem telling brownracer breathes air conditioning 24/7,never had to do a real days work,knows zip about what it takes to get thru a gut loaded rolling brown furnace,thinks the pkgs. loaded in 8000 section magically weave thru the gut load into the drivers reach, is either mngmnt. or got his nose up one's butt,and would not be able to get thru my 150 stop.....200 mile......12 hr overdispatched day if you gave him 2 wks. to do it. the car would be parked on the side of the road and he'd be somewhere blaming it on a driver. we've had
his type "help out" at peak and couldn't get off 4 stops an hour. SO PLEASE brownracer, stick to fudging numbers and brown nosing.......leave the real people that earn YOUR salary alone