ORION!!! What a mess...

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
It will fix it. you will get 3 streets in the middle of one route. and 2 streets in the middle of anothher route!

The sad thing is when EDD 1st came in I spent untold hours setting it up, and it was great. A person with no knowledge of my route could follow EDD and go stop for stop....... And then MGMT. start to fix it. If I went back and tried to do that route today and I tried to follow EDD I would be out until 7.... AM that is.

I follow it as directed and its a disaster but they refuse to admit it. Today it had me go down a two block long culdesac three times, and in an apartment complex with ten buildings, three different times, and driving four miles in between the apartment stops. Their goal is to save 20 miles on my route which is approximately $8 in fuel, however they have been paying me close to 2 hours overtime each day, while actually running 20 miles over my normal. Thanks Orion, I will easily hit $100K this year!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Those idiots could screw up a wet dream dude lol. They freak everything up and then blame it on the driver. Im over it man I could care less about what they do. I do my job and I light em up like a xmas tree every night.

PT Car Washer

The thing I have a problem with is it only gets worse. Cut a new PDS some slack but after 6 months and dispatch is still screwed up. Drivers delivering across the street from each other etc. I just deliver what is in my truck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Love you 2 guys your funny ones. Always humor with you boys. Way to keep it interesting and humorous unlike some of the other lamos on here lol.

They refuse to get on my truck for an OJS ride. My supervisor tells me that he is not wasting 3 days for a "dog and pony show" with me. I guess that means I do everything by the book and I lose stops on every route that I get an OJS ride on. Only if everyone in our center would work like that, it would force more routes in everyday.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a bulk route and have no idea how this is going to work. No way I can do an air and dig out in my 8000 section also without moving 50 packages.
If I just ignore ORION will the DIAD just let me work as I want to?

Yes, you can shut ORION off if you want/need to and go back to regular EDD. Thats what I do every day. You will probably have to listen to your management team bitch and whine about it, but if you follow ORION and wind up being 2 hrs overallowed due to all the left turns you make and time you waste hunting and digging for a particular stop they will bitch and whine about that too. Once you learn to accept the reality that they will bitch and whine no matter what you do, you can simply tune them out and your stress level will go way down.

soberups

It makes sense for rural routes. Bulky city routes it sounds like its a cluster****

I have a rural route and I saved 28 miles today by turning ORION off and relying on my 26 years of experience and area knowledge instead. How does that possibly "make sense"?

didyousheetit

Let's get some facts straight ( not really facts just my opinion). First, Orion is used to cut routes. Yes individually your stops go up, but in a loop of say 5 drivers one route gets cut. That's where the savings comes in. I've been on Orion for about 14 months and have seen a route cut in a loop of 3. Second,we've been told this is only the first edition of Orion we are slated to get the next edition early 2014. The new Orion will load the truck in the order that it wants you to run it. Third, when Orion team is implementing your center most of their team members come from another function in the company usually something stupid like call center. Here's where it is important to get them to set it up the way you want it. They will resist but be persistent. I'm sure I'll think of more information and post more information. Sorry for going on and on.

Indecisi0n

Let's get some facts straight ( not really facts just my opinion). First, Orion is used to cut routes. Yes individually your stops go up, but in a loop of say 5 drivers one route gets cut. That's where the savings comes in. I've been on Orion for about 14 months and have seen a route cut in a loop of 3. Second,we've been told this is only the first edition of Orion we are slated to get the next edition early 2014. The new Orion will load the truck in the order that it wants you to run it. Third, when Orion team is implementing your center most of their team members come from another function in the company usually something stupid like call center. Here's where it is important to get them to set it up the way you want it. They will resist but be persistent. I'm sure I'll think of more information and post more information. Sorry for going on and on.

The drivers are their worst enemy. They do this in a loop that i really like and cover a lot BUT every time they cut out the middle loop and give me more business I request business help every time regardless if I really need it or not. If the other guy would do the same and they denied us help we would both have missed business. Not only would it help us get less work but then the senior guys route wouldn't get cut.

soberups

Yesterdays scorecard; I turned ORION off and wound up only being 59% "compliant" versus the demanded 85. I also saved 33 miles. Garbage in, garbage out.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We are slated to get ORION in January and the Dispatcher has already told us the goal with Orion is to get to the point where 6-8 routes can be cut daily and to raise everyone's Stop Count 15-20 stops PER DAY. Yeah I'm thinking if we all work safely,by the methods,stay out of Driveways, walk only designated walk paths,avoid backing,drive the posted speed limit and follow ORION to the letter it'll be a bit of doing to cut so many routes.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are slated to get ORION in January and the Dispatcher has already told us the goal with Orion is to get to the point where 6-8 routes can be cut daily and to raise everyone's Stop Count 15-20 stops PER DAY. Yeah I'm thinking if we all work safely,by the methods,stay out of Driveways, walk only designated walk paths,avoid backing,drive the posted speed limit and follow ORION to the letter it'll be a bit of doing to cut so many routes.

So, they are spending millions of dollars to justify something that they've already been doing for free?

bumped

we are slated to get orion in january and the dispatcher has already told us the goal with orion is to get to the point where 6-8 routes can be cut daily and to raise everyone's stop count 15-20 stops per day. Yeah i'm thinking if we all work safely,by the methods,stay out of driveways, walk only designated walk paths,avoid backing,drive the posted speed limit and follow orion to the letter it'll be a bit of doing to cut so many routes.

and get on the 9.5 list