ORION

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Or, you can just turn ORION off and go out there and get the route done as efficiently and safely as possible without worrying about the miles or the compliance percentage. The next day, you will get to stand there and make $50 an hour on OT listening to your supervisor bitch and whine about a number.

Your alternative....is to make the job even harder for yourself by adding ORION compliance to the list of things you have to worry about. You will fight the load, search for packages, make an excessive number of left turns, drive past stops, and wind up taking a lot longer to get the job done. The next day, you will stand there and make $50 an hour on OT listening to your supervisor bitch and whine about a different number.

The bitching and whining about numbers will be always be a given in the equation. The only variable...is how hard you choose to make the job.
If you decide to turn off ORION and run it your way, you may get more than just a sup yelling at you in the morning.

You may end up getting a warning letter for failure to work as instructed with the wording of any future ocurrence may lead to further disciplinary action up to and including discharge.

If instructed to run ODO, you do not have the option to shut it off and do it your way without risking discipline.

This is a hot corporate issue and the discipline will be coming until everyone follows ODO.

I agree that if ORION tells you to cross a busy street, you should not have to do that, but the option of shutting it off completely is not an option.

UT Vols

If you decide to turn off ORION and run it your way, you may get more than just a sup yelling at you in the morning.

You may end up getting a warning letter for failure to work as instructed with the wording of any future ocurrence may lead to further disciplinary action up to and including discharge.

If instructed to run ODO, you do not have the option to shut it off and do it your way without risking discipline.

This is a hot corporate issue and the discipline will be coming until everyone follows ODO.

I agree that if ORION tells you to cross a busy street, you should not have to do that, but the option of shutting it off completely is not an option.

What about just earmarking your way thru it? Technically you're not shutting it off...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I have been turning ORION off and running the route my way for the last 18 months and they haven't said a word to me about it. I think they would prefer that I not run out of fuel at 10:30 at night up on a mountain with stops left.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I have been turning ORION off and running the route my way for the last 18 months and they haven't said a word to me about it. I think they would prefer that I not run out of fuel at 10:30 at night up on a mountain with stops left.
I'm not saying they will start discipline, but they can. If everyone just shut it off, there would not be enough trees to make all the paper for all the warning letters.

They are allowing exceptions like you for the time being.

You're ODO is probably one of the FUBAR ones and they would rather you not follow it instead of trying to fix it.

Once the whole country is on it, I'm sure that will change.

Overpaid Union Thug

We can't actually turn ORION off though. And I was told that they can't actually tell if we were using ORION or RDO minus the trace percentage. I don't know if that's true.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1428543748.192823.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Come on soberups try it for 1 week
I tried it for one day when the ORION guy rode with me. By 11:30 in the morning he told me to stop using it, and that he had a lot of work to do on it in order to get it right. That was 19 months ago and the work has yet to be done. I'm not holding my breath.

bobbybrown

While the Orion team admits my odo is highly flawed and tried to fix it the system still wants me to make illegal u turns (posted or not), drive over medians, cross 6 lanes of traffic, etc. They have done nothing to improve it. I have not been talked to in weeks regarding odo even though I only use rdo because it actually lower miles. Hope it stays that way finger crossed