orion

bobbybrown

orion

Attachments

• 1454531682445.jpg
    1454531682445.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 932

Box Ox

Was never turned off at my center. We just weren't bothered about trace percentage. Only hitting the first stop in ODO. Wink wink, right?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ORION will finally be implemented nationwide by this summer. Some of the upgrades are already being put in place. Once all the different information systems can merge with each other, the package cars should be loaded stop for stop.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The preloads can't load stop for stop now. They do a thing called section load. That is where all your 3000's are piled on one shelf, all the 4000's piled on one shelf, etc.
Oh, the Preload problem and leaving the building late were brought up in this discussion too. Another problem is certain days of the week the system is heavier than normal so trailers get to the Preload too late to go down on time. The technology is there now to do it, its just a question of getting all the different systems to work together,

Octave

The preloads can't load stop for stop now. They do a thing called section load. That is where all your 3000's are piled on one shelf, all the 4000's piled on one shelf, etc.
That was only something I saw happen during peak when they didn't feel like training the seasonal hires. Are they still doing it some places?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Explain???

My Center Manager is trying to talk me into becoming a Safety Committee Co-Chair. I'm on TAW right now, I got a call this morning to attend a quarterly meeting with District/Zone/Division level management. UPS just opened a new Integrad School in Duluth, Ga, its not far from Corporate. We got to tour this facility and what they call "Tiny Town" next to it in the parking lot. I have never seen package cars so clean, I was shocked.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
ORION will finally be implemented nationwide by this summer. Some of the upgrades are already being put in place. Once all the different information systems can merge with each other, the package cars should be loaded stop for stop.
Kinda like they were 25 years ago... Minus the large amounts of misloads that each building has in a weeks time