orion

Method$

Because they use safety committee members to not show as a shuttle or route being run and are in essence manipulating numbers. Also it should be a bidded job no? Two year safety guy gets the cushy job because of numbers? Cmon man.
Im not sure I've ever met a manager that didn't manipulate numbers in some way. But I've met a few who would let a union member move a pkg. bid? On what guarantee of hours?

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Does it have little sheds for houses???? I understand the idea but once again it's not real world ...just all lollypops and unicorns.. Total fake sh...

Yeap, I wasn't really impressed by Tiny Town in person. Its a parking lot with sheds, green paint for grass, a fake dock to back to, and a Letter Box. They really enforce appearance standards for the 24 person classes. If you show up a minute late without a shave and haircut, you get sent home. Shined shoes, hair cuts, clean shaven, they even have an iron at the motel to iron pants.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You don't believe me @scratch ?
image.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeap, I wasn't really impressed by Tiny Town in person. Its a parking lot with sheds, green paint for grass, a fake dock to back to, and a Letter Box. They really enforce appearance standards for the 24 person classes. If you show up a minute late without a shave and haircut, you get sent home. Shined shoes, hair cuts, clean shaven, they even have an iron at the motel to iron pants.
I know it has to be ghetto if scratch wasn't impressed.... Could have had some input from drivers on what would be important things to focus on ... But noooo

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Oh, I believe you. It took me eight hours to shuttle around five boxes one day a year ago, they were spread out all over a wide area. Its just that Safety hours aren't supposed to be used for that now.
Exactly. Had a safety guy just a couple weeks ago bring me out a pkg at almost 4 pm , he said they "called him in"to "shuttle" misloads .........

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am feeder qualified. In my center, there are 4 FT feeder jobs. I an 2nd on the qualified extra board for covering feeder vacations. This year, I will work either 3 or 4 weeks in feeders.
We have 200 feeder driver at my location...pretty lucky in that fact

Last edited:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The hourly safety committee creates a hostile work environment and needs to be removed. I believe contractually it can be disbanded.