orion

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Can you give details on how?
B.A. Came in one day after many complaints told the boss basically you got to many ass kissers on your safety committee abolished for a few months Then the steward and some of his cronies started it back up with unions blessing
Still a dog and pony show

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Knee pads.
i didnt ask your secrets
B.A. Came in one day after many complaints told the boss basically you got to many ass kissers on your safety committee abolished for a few months Then the steward and some of his cronies started it back up with unions blessing
Still a dog and pony show
Can it be stopped permanently? What a huge insult to the nerds in corporate if so

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
@dropNbolt @toonertoo I'm not even a driver YET and just talk to my peers and they say that Orion is pointless. Imagine that.
Supposedly to save a few miles, and pay us overtime, instead. From one balance sheet to the other. Especially now with fuel prices down. 2 gals of fuel to one hour of overtime in my world ...isnt worth it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
National Master Agreement. Article 18, Section 20.4 I'm glad I work in a Center that is run this way. We have Shop Stewards as members and our Local 728 Business Agent was in attendance at our last meeting. Its too bad that the general attitude is that people like to gripe about things, but don't want to get involved.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Supposedly to save a few miles, and pay us overtime, instead. From one balance sheet to the other. Especially now with fuel prices down. 2 gals of fuel to one hour of overtime in my world ...isnt worth it.
I ran that buddy* into the ground today, stop for stop. 17 miles over. Could have been done an hour earlier.

PT Car Washer

I ran that buddy* into the ground today, stop for stop. 17 miles over. Could have been done an hour earlier.
Heard tonight Center Manager is thinking about implementing ORION for Saturday Air. Six drivers averaging 20 stops a driver. Wonder how much money that will save the company. More about control then anything else.

AKCoverMan

I heard the word "Orion" out of our night OMSs mouth on Friday night. It was the first time anyone has mentioned it at our center; if not for BC I wouldn't know what Orion was.

Needless to say, I am afraid!

Lol

Well we don't have the Surepost drama that the lower 48 has so I was hoping maybe we would side step this fresh new hell calling itself Orion as well.

But I've probably been living in a fantasy world....
I would love to see you start an Alaskan thread. Most of us don't know a whole lot about Alaska. Couldn't imagine loving there or trying to deliver there.

A few years ago I had to send some ukuleles to Alaska. Sent them through the post office and the paper work said we can use alternative methods of delivery . whatever that means?

Is it also true about the lack of street names?

Brown_Star

Methods Man
In my building that 45 million is because the safety guys claim to be making copies for "safety" and bill an extra hour everyday. Thieves.

We have around 8 in my building total bs and all runners!
The guys tell me when they ask the "safety guys " a question there go to answer is "ask your steward.

Can be seen spending copious amounts of time at the printer...
image.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heard tonight Center Manager is thinking about implementing ORION for Saturday Air. Six drivers averaging 20 stops a driver. Wonder how much money that will save the company. More about control then anything else.

This actually makes sense. Our younger drivers tend to rely on technology to get from Point A to B.

In our center our Saturday air is delivered right from the airport so there is no EDD.

I think I got paid eight hours for Safety instead of TAW today, it was a short day. I had to drive an hour and a half through Atlanta rush hour traffic to get there, it is about 45 miles from my house. UPS spends about $45 million a year on safety hours, that's how much of a problem accidents and injuries are. I didn't get to drive the course, we were just walked through it after lunch. We weren't allowed to take photos because of an agreement with MIT and Virginia Tech which helped design it. Monkey Butt has nothing to do with this, he is retired.
And UPS probably spends 45 million a day on paper, printing stupid reports.