Orion..

browned out

I see my projected miles but I do not see my projected unnecessary backs posted anywhere. The forced backing into residential driveways has not been directed in our center as of now. We have an outstanding manager with safety principles that have not been compromised. He/she is facing an uphill battle as the backing is being directed in other centers in our district.

Why was ORION allowed to be predicated on a method that goes against one of the very safety pillars we have been religiously trained on? Teamsters did not address this with any competency and ORION has most likely cost many drivers their careers. Orion would be great if it did not put the public's safety in jeopardy. I like many aspects of it. At least 50% of ORION makes sense. Backing into residential driveway makes absolutely NO SENSE. It is playing Russian roulette with kids lives.

ORION will get people killed or seriously injured if it has not already. How does the UPS backing document off upsers.com 2016 not counter most of the residential backs that the ODO miles or trace are based on?

As a professional driver, you safely drive hundreds of miles, but the few feet that you back could present your biggest safety challenge. The following tips will help you stay ahead of what’s behind you. Best Practices · Back only when necessary. Evaluate and assess the area. If you must back, back immediately and to the driver’s side. · Before and during backing, scan the areas your vehicle will be approaching. · Tap your horn continuously to signal your intentions. · Avoid blindside backing, which causes your vehicle to move to the right and block your line of sight. · Never back into driveways and be aware of children in residential areas after every delivery. · Use the rear-view camera monitor as a third mirror. Safety Tip The easiest way to avoid backing accidents is to avoid backing. If you are forced to back, use these proper backing techniques to make the safest back possible in that situation. Published: Jan 05, 2007 02:00 PM Last Updated: Jan 04, 2016 09:20 AM Backing up safely The following tips will help you stay ahead of what’s behind you.

Get rid of the resi backs and keep us out of school areas at arrival/dismissal time. Figure out the high density traffic patterns. This ain't Rocket Surgery.

My views do not represent that of UPS.

Attachments

• UPSbacking2016.pdf
    233.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

Supposedly they are going to roll out ORION here right before peak....LOLZZZZZZZZ its gonna be 2 months of LULZ and then on december 1st they will decide that we need to go back to the old way,

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They are telling you that RDO will be off the diad to scare you into using ODO, even if it doesn't work.
They want you to work ODO and fix it yourself. They can't take EDD trace off the diad unless the truck is ordered in ODO fashion.

Plus, that article is the propaganda garbage used by companies to sell goods.
ORION is a software that UPS owns and wants to sell to other companies for big bucks.
If these companies do their homework and read websites like these, they can save their money.
All UPS is doing is pissing off our own customers by delivering whenever they want.
Service is bigger than just dropping their box on the front step or showing up before 5pm.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I use my own Orion. No one can use ups s version. It never worked from day one,way to unsafe and time consuming. If I can walk thru my 700, I magic Mark the street name on most of the packages and group them by street and area especially the larger ones tucked under the shelf. Lighting sux in the car as you know. I can run a lot of ground with my air while running the route differently each day, except I do get the business off first (not schools) Despite the rule of not looking at your said all day, you have to. That's the only in cab distraction that I have.

Boulevard859710

They are telling you that RDO will be off the diad to scare you into using ODO, even if it doesn't work.
They want you to work ODO and fix it yourself. They can't take EDD trace off the diad unless the truck is ordered in ODO fashion.

Plus, that article is the propaganda garbage used by companies to sell goods.
ORION is a software that UPS owns and wants to sell to other companies for big bucks.
If these companies do their homework and read websites like these, they can save their money.
All UPS is doing is pissing off our own customers by delivering whenever they want.
Service is bigger than just dropping their box on the front step or showing up before 5pm.
I would happily doing my share in scaring companies off buying this piece of :censored2:.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is one distinguishing characteristic that never fails to identify the ORION fanboy/Koolaid drinker, and that is that they have never actually gotten behind the wheel of a package car and used the system to successfully deliver a route.

Newsflash, guys; the real world and Google Earth are not the same thing.

freelabor

I only follow it the day after i get busted for not following it. And when im forced to follow it, its 100% and a late clock out. After that its rdo business as usual.

opey

until they can load the truck each day how orion wants, you really cant make it work efficiently... at least not in my center where the trucks are smashed out every day and the loaders are half retarded and half dont give a :censored2: where they throw the boxes. save 3 miles and add an hour from digging for gold

Boulevard859710

until they can load the truck each day how orion wants, you really cant make it work efficiently... at least not in my center where the trucks are smashed out every day and the loaders are half retarded and half dont give a :censored2: where they throw the boxes. save 3 miles and add an hour from digging for gold
Yep. Save 50 cents in gas but lose $50 to paying us overtime. :censored2:ing retards!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Just spit out three shots of Jim beam reading this ahahahahahhahahHa

barnyard

KTM rider
until they can load the truck each day how orion wants, you really cant make it work efficiently

Even if my truck had been loaded in ODO last week, I would have had late air every day. The timing is off by about 45 minutes. My supe goofed with it some Friday, still would have had late air, plus it had me doing 197 miles. I did it my way and finished with 129 miles.

I have run 2 routes in my center where it seems to working most days. There are still days when it is way too easy to shave off 20 miles, but they are getting rarer.

By The Book

I only follow it the day after i get busted for not following it. And when im forced to follow it, its 100% and a late clock out. After that its rdo business as usual.
My diad always says RDO, (regular delivery order),but I can't figure out why it wants me to deliver boxes from all different shelves instead of EDD.

By The Book

Yep. Save 50 cents in gas but lose $50 to paying us overtime. :censored2:ing retards!
Or, you put the extra overtime into your 401k.
Or, you put the extra overtime into your 401k. I must of hit the DUP key, but I think you get my point.

opey

The extra money is great and all, but I also would like to get home at a reasonable time most days too. Theres more to life than being at work for 12+ hours a day. Oh and id rather not have to deal with explaining to them why I I'm coming in so far over (due to their :censored2:ty system and loads), being that I'm a relatively new driver (less than a year)

opey

My diad always says RDO, (regular delivery order),but I can't figure out why it wants me to deliver boxes from all different shelves instead of EDD.
thats probably the "switch to RDO" button you are looking at. Mine on an orion route always says ODO in the bottom left side no matter what, but it has the switch button on the bottom right. Which would say switch to rdo while on odo