OT for part timers.

EastBrown N Down

Yeah I've been asking around here and at work there will be plenty of work, but I read here if they schedule me for an 8 hour shift, it's straight pay anyway, as long as it's a scheduled shift? I haven't asked my steward yet about this

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah I've been asking around here and at work there will be plenty of work, but I read here if they schedule me for an 8 hour shift, it's straight pay anyway, as long as it's a scheduled shift? I haven't asked my steward yet about this
If you made book...they can't pick and choose. Either everyone gets a scheduled 8 hour shift or no one does, unless they request it. They can't force some and not others.

PT Car Washer

UPS is saying you will be a temp FT preloader with a guaranteed 8 hour sort 5 days a week versus a PTer with a 3 1/2 hour guarantee regardless of seniority. Tried this before and it did not fly.

PT Car Washer

Wow, that stinks.
The only reason why I took the job was the part time hours.
And, I feel that if I'm working above and beyond those hours, I should be compensated above and beyond my regular pay :)
I think you misunderstood my post. I meant in the Central Region we receive OT for all hours worked after 5 hours.

HBGPreloader

I think you misunderstood my post. I meant in the Central Region we receive OT for all hours worked after 5 hours.
Yes, I did misunderstand.

The same applies here.

However, if you volunteer to work extra hours, then all bets are off - essentially, because you're working a double shift.

I don't know if the 8 hour guarantee would apply, though, because I never ran into the situation.

I would be willing to share my spreadsheet with anyone who is interested.

Or, I would be happy to post it - if there's a way to upload and share it here.

UPS4Life

Yes, I did misunderstand.

The same applies here.

However, if you volunteer to work extra hours, then all bets are off - essentially, because you're working a double shift.

I don't know if the 8 hour guarantee would apply, though, because I never ran into the situation.

I would be willing to share my spreadsheet with anyone who is interested.

Or, I would be happy to post it - if there's a way to upload and share it here.
You get OT on anything after 5 as a part timer UNLESS you pull a double and take a lunch then it goes to OT after 8. So if you work 8 hours on day sort Sunday you'll get 3 hours of OT. If you work 5 hours on twi and 4 hours on night and went to lunch and came back you'll get 1 hour of OT

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

You get OT on anything after 5 as a part timer UNLESS you pull a double and take a lunch then it goes to OT after 8. So if you work 8 hours on day sort Sunday you'll get 3 hours of OT. If you work 5 hours on twi and 4 hours on night and went to lunch and came back you'll get 1 hour of OT

Sent using BrownCafe App
I am not disagreeing on that is the way you guys work. Just saying in Central Region anything after 5 hours is OT. Always has been and hopefully always will be.

PT Car Washer

Do you double shift any?
Not anymore. Most times I do Air driving and run misloads and bulk stops left in the building and help out with pick ups when drivers get bombed out. OT after 8 when you work air and your regular sort. Top driver rate for the day when you deliver or pick up ground packages.

HBGPreloader

I am not disagreeing on that is the way you guys work. Just saying in Central Region anything after 5 hours is OT. Always has been and hopefully always will be.
I agree, that's how it should be - everywhere. But, that's not what has been practiced in the past here.
We just wrapped up our local elections and we (hopefully) might have new officers coming in. I'll be sure to bring this up with them.

UPS4Life

I agree, that's how it should be - everywhere. But, that's not what has been practiced in the past here.
We just wrapped up our local elections and we (hopefully) might have new officers coming in. I'll be sure to bring this up with them.
United slate 705
Wilson slate 500
Thompson/hicks slate 1426

Doubt you'll get much accomplished with these clowns. We're all doomed

Sent using BrownCafe App

Awasmuth

My ups just pulled some shifty business today. We were told that this peak would run different than all years prior. They are turning the shift into a double shift so we don't get the 5.5 hours them overtime. we would have to work 8. Some days last year in peak went 10-11 hours. I am not quit sure how a double shift works. Are they mandatory? (btw upstate new york rider)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My ups just pulled some shifty business today. We were told that this peak would run different than all years prior. They are turning the shift into a double shift so we don't get the 5.5 hours them overtime. we would have to work 8. Some days last year in peak went 10-11 hours. I am not quit sure how a double shift works. Are they mandatory? (btw upstate new york rider)
It depends on your supplement. In my local..the PTer has to "elect to accept" a scheduled 8hr shift...which also means they're entitled to a lunch break. I accept nothing.