OT must be made by mcds cuz im lovin it...

Faceplanted

I play this game too. "Ya man this check is gonna be so huge, money money money money!!!"

When i really be like "I wish I was at home at a reasonable hour to eat dinner with the wife before 9, do things around the house, have some me time to cleanse the mind, and enjoy life"

Don't fool yourself mang.... It's bad for u!

I'm counting down till Jan 15... 9 5 list will be back in full effect!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Its amazing that after peak im out later than during peak... Its cool though... ill be tired in the morning from stretching my stops to make it take longest possible... maybe theyll get the message.. probably not though.. cha ching...! Rant over!
How am i being dishonest? Im tired.. working at safe pace.. got apts with huge irregs must take one at a time..

In my neck of the woods it's called "laying down" on the job or "clock sucking." It's VERY easy to classify that as dishonesty. Your own words (that I highlighted) are so telling. Either way it's wrong.

Having said that....if you slow down from genuine fatigue or an injury then thats different.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In my neck of the woods it's called "laying down" on the job or "clock sucking." It's VERY easy to classify that as dishonesty. Your own words (that I highlighted) are so telling. Either way it's wrong.

Having said that....if you slow down from genuine fatigue or an injury then thats different.
nobody can work at 110% all the time.

i used to make a work day into "game day" . most days were regular season games where i did a good job but did not knock myself out. some days were pre-season games where i wasnt feeling up to par. maybe a little fatigued or slightly ill.

some days were playoff games like snow days where i had to ramp up my game to make service.

and some days were the Super Bowl where i had to go to extra-ordinary lengths to get the job done.

over 30 years , everyday can not be a Super Bowl game.

Overpaid Union Thug

i used to make a work day into "game day" . most days were regular season games where i did a good job but did not knock myself out. some days were pre-season games where i wasnt feeling up to par. maybe a little fatigued or slightly ill.

some days were playoff games like snow days where i had to ramp up my game to make service.

and some days were the Super Bowl where i had to go to extra-ordinary lengths to get the job done.

Purposely slowing down to prove a point/make more money and slowing down because of fatigue/injury are two different things. The latter is either smart or beyond our control. The former is inexcusable and plays right into a negative stereotype that the general public has about union workers. There is no reason why we shouldn't all give our best. Even if we are tired or pissed off. I like the methods because they guarantee that speed isn't an indication of our success.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Every day is the All Star game for me.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Every day is the All Star game for me.
if that's true then i admire you. i always admired people that could work that way everyday. i got burned out playing at my top everyday. then i had to call out sick to rest up or get more sleep. i learned to pace myself better so ididnt miss as many games.

Overpaid Union Thug

if that's true then i admire you. i always admired people that could work that way everyday. i got burned out playing at my top everyday. then i had to call out sick to rest up or get more sleep. i learned to pace myself better so ididnt miss as many games.

And that is exactly why we aren't supposed to run and gun. The methods say walk at a brisk pace for a reason. Sounds like you figured that out before it was too late. Some people make it to retirement going all out and think they were something special for. I'm sure they all end up regretting it later when their bodies start to fail. Some retirement that is.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
yes , i was a runner for about 18 years. i could party all night sometimes and then go to work on 2hrs sleep. but that started catching up with me in my late 30's.

and i started noticing broken down old war horses holding on with all their strength praying to make it to retirement and then dying within 2 years of that.

wised up and did things by the book my last 12 years or so and am so glad for it. my body is about 70% of my prime but with all this time on my hands in retirement have taken up light weight lifting , stationary bicycle , yoga , and long walks. i sincerely think i can work up to 90% even at age 60.

also glad i learned it wasnt always about the money. i am at only 30 % of what i was making working full time but am MUCH happier now.

looking forward to each day.

Holydriver

I play this game too. "Ya man this check is gonna be so huge, money money money money!!!"

When i really be like "I wish I was at home at a reasonable hour to eat dinner with the wife before 9, do things around the house, have some me time to cleanse the mind, and enjoy life"

Don't fool yourself mang.... It's bad for u!

I'm counting down till Jan 15... 9 5 list will be back in full effect!!!
wait, we cant file a 9.5 grievance until after Jan 15?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Youll never make it to the end if you run every day. If you started fulltime driving after the year 2005 youll never make it 30 years. Job is way harder than it used to be. Sure the equipment and trucks are better but stop counts, volume and weights have increased dramatically. Its not a 20 to 30 year job anymore. More like 15 if your lucky nowadays. Best advice for any young guys starting driving now is do the job by the methods, stay at home with mommy and daddy as long as possible or buy a cheap house or rent, dont get married and have any kids, stash away mad money for 10 years after you hit full scale and walk out of here after 15 to 20 years max with a cool million or half a million sitting in a 401k or IRA. DONT LAUGH ITS POSSIBLE WITH THE MONEY WE MAKE NOWADAYS lol. Put your time in and go get another job til you can collect your pension.

Holydriver

Youll never make it to the end if you run every day. If you started fulltime driving after the year 2005 youll never make it 30 years. Job is way harder than it used to be. Sure the equipment and trucks are better but stop counts, volume and weights have increased dramatically. Its not a 20 to 30 year job anymore. More like 15 if your lucky nowadays. Best advice for any young guys starting driving now is do the job by the methods, stay at home with mommy and daddy as long as possible or buy a cheap house or rent, dont get married and have any kids, stash away mad money for 10 years after you hit full scale and walk out of here after 15 to 20 years max with a cool million or half a million sitting in a 401k or IRA. DONT LAUGH ITS POSSIBLE WITH THE MONEY WE MAKE NOWADAYS lol. Put your time in and go get another job til you can collect your pension.
i love my child to death, but i really do agree. i wish i would have stayed single and just lived my life for me. id be much much happier and better off right now

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
i love my child to death, but i really do agree. i wish i would have stayed single and just lived my life for me. id be much much happier and better off right now
Nothing wrong with kids but these young dudes going into this job nowadays have no idea what their getting themselves into. Only going to get worse and worse as time goes on. Cant wait to roll the hell out of here in 11 years if i can physically lol.