OT?

NY11725

Just so your aware, you only have 5 days to file a grievance on a non discipline article. That is from the first day of knowledge, so Friday (payday) is day one. At this point, if they do not correct it out of the goodness of their heart, you may be sol!!

well, no day one would be today, because I checked my check online today. I wasn't aware of no OT til today.

NY11725

Okay...I'm not trying to be a smart *** but from the looks of this post, you didn't write your clock-out time down. Because up above you stated that "the rest of the week I worked between 3 and 3.5". From what I gather you worked 1.6 hours overtime @ your 1.5 rate...soo you worked 17.9 hours @ your straight time rate and 1.6 hours @ your overtime rate. With all due respect...you should write your time down EVERYDAY...hope ya get it straightened out...Good Luck :)

to be honest, I dont need to write down hours, If i work 3 hrs a night, its not hard to do the math in my head...

for example i have 17 hrs 35 minutes so far this week, so I can pretty much tell where Ill be by 2m night.

and if I know what I have by the end of the week, and my check says the same amount of hours that the time clock said....that pretty much tells you that they are not taking time out.

This whole OT thing was a mistake on their end, and I was told its getting corrected.

jenniferlynn

Well whatever...keep on getting those discrepancies all to add up "in your head"...glad it ain't my paycheck :) Better you than me....tee hee hee :peaceful:

NY11725

Well whatever...keep on getting those discrepancies all to add up "in your head"...glad it ain't my paycheck :) Better you than me....tee hee hee :peaceful:

It's not a discrepancy at all jenn :P

If I know my total hours and my check matches, I have no issues, but I do understand what you mean. I will start writing it down come monday, but im sure it will add up to be the same.

UPSSOCKS

was agreeing with your post.

He doesn't understand or add very well. See 6 months ago when he was a child he tried to dive into a swimming pool and missed. So for kicks and giggles all the part time sups shave nine minutes a day off his time to confuse him. Rumor has it that when they shaved ten a day he caught on so they switched to nine and the math became too complicated for him.

NY11725

He doesn't understand or add very well. See 6 months ago when he was a child he tried to dive into a swimming pool and missed. So for kicks and giggles all the part time sups shave nine minutes a day off his time to confuse him. Rumor has it that when they shaved ten a day he caught on so they switched to nine and the math became too complicated for him.

lmao, and like I said before, Ive never been to a pool with a diving board but I guess you didnt understand that too well considering when god was giving out brains u thought he said trains and you missed it.

NY11725

OK, check this out LOL

I added up my check amount to my balance in my bank account, and got my total to have an idea of how much money I will have when my direct deposit hit.

I just logged into my Bank Account Online to see if it hit, and to my surprise and amazement I had two deposits from UPS.

I had one for the amount of $193 and change

and

I had one for the amount of $30 and change

Now I am kind of lost...If they already processed my check without the OT, and I just mentioned me not getting my OT to my boss today...then how in the world did I get a separate direct deposit for my OT so quick? They both hit my account at the same time...it kind of makes me think payroll or who ever knew they messed up, and corrected it before I even noticed it, and it was already pending to be deposited into my account.

When I told my boss today I didnt get my OT, he said he would inquire about it, but I would think that would take a couple days and it would be given to me on my next pay check..so it either was already known before I mentioned it, or they somehow checked it over and squeezed it in for me.

Weeeeeee

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Who exactly, paid him straight time thinking he would not do anything about it? His Sup? His Manager? They do no such thing. They approve his hours in the system and nothing else. OT is paid or not paid based on formulas in the payroll systems. There is no dark conspiracy button on the time card system where a supervisor can "click" to not pay overtime for unobservant employees.

I think you are 100% wrong. In my first shift work area, the supervisors put in the time MANUALLY and have absolute freedom in how any time is coded and how OT is made. You can punch into a clock if you want, but any time can be adjusted however they want to adjust,....

AND , (for ex) they can add 1 hour to one day and delete it from another to make it straight time. This is callled playing with numbers, apparently supervisors did not do enough of in preschool.

NY11725

I think you are 100% wrong. In my first shift work area, the supervisors put in the time MANUALLY and have absolute freedom in how any time is coded and how OT is made. You can punch into a clock if you want, but any time can be adjusted however they want to adjust,....

AND , (for ex) they can add 1 hour to one day and delete it from another to make it straight time. This is callled playing with numbers, apparently supervisors did not do enough of in preschool.

My sup doesnt even do anything with the hours, I know the lady that does payroll and she loves me to death, shes already looked out for me. Well I duno if she does payroll 100% but shes the one who puts the time thru the computer at the end of the night, and its over with I got my overtime

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My sup doesnt even do anything with the hours, I know the lady that does payroll and she loves me to death, shes already looked out for me. Well I duno if she does payroll 100% but shes the one who puts the time thru the computer at the end of the night, and its over with I got my overtime

I was talking to brownIE.....:knockedout: