OT?

PaidDriveTime?

You realize that helper work and inside work are considered two different job classifications, right? In order to get overtime for either, you have to work over 5 hours in its respective classification. They did this because they would have inside workers being driver helpers for seasonal drivers and making more than the actual driver was. Seasonal drivers earn 16.10. A driver helper who worked 4 hours on preload is making 19.32 after an hour of helping. Hope that helps.

NY11725

You realize that helper work and inside work are considered two different job classifications, right? In order to get overtime for either, you have to work over 5 hours in its respective classification. They did this because they would have inside workers being driver helpers for seasonal drivers and making more than the actual driver was. Seasonal drivers earn 16.10. A driver helper who worked 4 hours on preload is making 19.32 after an hour of helping. Hope that helps.

That has nothing to do in my situation.

Week 11/30/09 to 12/4/09

Monday 11/30 I worked 6hrs 36min ( 1hr 36min being OT )

But I did not receive any OT on my check. I questioned my manager and he wasn't giving me straight answers why I did not receive it. I been asking about it for a few days, but still getting odd answers from him..so I waited the next week to see what would happen

Week 12/7/09 to 12/11/09

Monday 12/07 I worked 5hrs 37min ( 37 min being OT )

This check however received 37min OT.

So after seeing this online, yesterday I went to a shop steward about it, and monday he is taking care of it. I did not volunteer to come in early on those mondays.

This week that we just finished, Monday I worked 6hrs 40min so im expecting anothwer hour and 40 min of OT.

NY11725

Check you post history, I bet you will see it alot

"well" im sorry, it seems its easy to start off with "well" especially on this forum because people tend you tell you something which is not 100% true in your situation so it starts off...well...and so on :)

but I am glad to see you are taking an interest in my "well" count grgrcr88 :)

UPS Lifer

That has nothing to do in my situation.

Week 11/30/09 to 12/4/09

Monday 11/30 I worked 6hrs 36min ( 1hr 36min being OT )

But I did not receive any OT on my check. I questioned my manager and he wasn't giving me straight answers why I did not receive it. I been asking about it for a few days, but still getting odd answers from him..so I waited the next week to see what would happen

Week 12/7/09 to 12/11/09

Monday 12/07 I worked 5hrs 37min ( 37 min being OT )

This check however received 37min OT.

So after seeing this online, yesterday I went to a shop steward about it, and monday he is taking care of it. I did not volunteer to come in early on those mondays.

This week that we just finished, Monday I worked 6hrs 40min so im expecting anothwer hour and 40 min of OT.

Nobody answered my question. Is this just a local thing in NY? Since when does an employee get OT after 5 hours????? I will ask again.... Is this some form of penalty pay?

Upstate - I would trust your answer to this question. If anybody knows you will.

UPS Lifer

I asked my niece last Xmas "how many hours in a normal work week?". Mind you she is 24 years old! AND she was a valedictorian in high school as well as a graduate of Loyola University. (she ain't no dummy)

She guessed at 15 hours. When I looked at her with amazement, she changed her answer to 20 hours. I looked at her dad with disgust. Some of our young adults have been so sheltered they just don't get it! It is up to us as parents to show them what "work" is so they can have a more rounded appreciation and understanding.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Nobody answered my question. Is this just a local thing in NY? Since when does an employee get OT after 5 hours????? I will ask again.... Is this some form of penalty pay?

Upstate - I would trust your answer to this question. If anybody knows you will.

Since I have been working at UPS, 8+ years, always been time and a half over 5 for part-timers.

UPS Lifer

Since I have been working at UPS, 8+ years, always been time and a half over 5 for part-timers.

What area of the country do you work in. Or maybe I should put it another way.... Which local supplement is that.

I worked in the Western Conference in the Pacific Region and there was no overtime until 8 hours. So that is why I can't wrap my head around this OT after 5.

Part-timers over 5 hours has always been a concern but I thought it was because of California law.

In California, the law states you have to have a mandatory lunch if an employee works over 6 hours. If an employee works over 5 hours and less than 6 they can take a lunch at their discretion ... the company (all companies) can't force them to work without a lunch.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What area of the country do you work in. Or maybe I should put it another way.... Which local supplement is that.

I worked in the Western Conference in the Pacific Region and there was no overtime until 8 hours. So that is why I can't wrap my head around this OT after 5.

Part-timers over 5 hours has always been a concern but I thought it was because of California law.

In California, the law states you have to have a mandatory lunch if an employee works over 6 hours. If an employee works over 5 hours and less than 6 they can take a lunch at their discretion ... the company (all companies) can't force them to work without a lunch.

New England supplement. Was ENE, transferred NNE.

UPS Lifer

Overtime after 5hrs. for PT employees is true in the Southern Region too.

None of this surprises me. UPS has lost a lot of flexibility items since I started back in 1971. Management abused these flexibility items and then we would lose them in the next contract and rightfully so! This happened (and keeps happening) every single contract.

There are too many management that do not understand the contract or do not care and this continues to get the company in trouble.

Believe it or not every Labor Manager I have known does a lot to educate the management teams on contract language. They can be tough adversaries during the grievance process but they kick managers :censored2: when they see obvious and blatant violations of the contract.

I think UPS needs to get back to the basics and train and educate the front line supervisors and their managers about the contract. This should become a priority on a corporate level.

iowa boy

Lifer,

Here in the central supplement OT is given after 5 hours for PT employees also.

UPSSOCKS

Yup, I cant wait to walk into the office with the shop steward tomorrow.

Hey thanks for all the free work you have been doing. It's always easy to spot a dummy that works for free.. Anyhow don't listen to Lifer no management person cares about the union or your silly contract. We just pretend to, when talking to the labor manager. Deep down he doesn't care either......

CRASH501

uhh. Im talking about the total time you ****, the ot isnt going to make the total hours worked any different. Seems when god was giving out brains, you thought he said trains and you missed it.
if you work a 40 hour week .
and suddenly 1 day you work 1 hour ot.
total hours worked that week will be 41 , so yes it will make it different

UPS Lifer

Hey thanks for all the free work you have been doing. It's always easy to spot a dummy that works for free.. Anyhow don't listen to Lifer no management person cares about the union or your silly contract. We just pretend to, when talking to the labor manager. Deep down he doesn't care either......

Hey Troll - you can speak for all the trolls but not for me - I disciplined supervisors who I found working! If you really were a supervisor, you wouldn't be working for me for long... unless you changed and you would change. Someone infected you and it is a shame that you come to work to battle. It is not healthy to continue down that low road.

But we both know the truth don't we?

I have to commend you for your impersonation of a supervisor. What better way to turn employees against management than to impersonate a supervisor who shows nothing but disrespect and contempt for employees. BRAVO! There are some BC members who you have fooled and therefore have succeeded.

This is the last post that I will respond to you. Ignore is one click away. I recommend that others do the same.

Stop feeding the trolls!

UPSSOCKS

Hey Troll - you can speak for all the trolls but not for me - I disciplined supervisors who I found working! If you really were a supervisor, you wouldn't be working for me for long... unless you changed and you would change. Someone infected you and it is a shame that you come to work to battle. It is not healthy to continue down that low road.

But we both know the truth don't we?

I have to commend you for your impersonation of a supervisor. What better way to turn employees against management than to impersonate a supervisor who shows nothing but disrespect and contempt for employees. BRAVO! There are some BC members who you have fooled and therefore have succeeded.

This is the last post that I will respond to you. Ignore is one click away. I recommend that others do the same.

Stop feeding the trolls!

I don't know where you were a manager at but I want relocated there. Sounds like a cake walk.