Other Cruise and Vacation Deals

klein

Für Meno :)
As requested, the need for another Cruise and Vacation thread was put to my attention.

So, I'll do my best only to post the best super bargains out there on this thread.

I'll start with this great cruise bargain that came into my e-mail box today :

427_512_map_15D_Trans_Cop_Sun_309x228_0.gif

15 day Transatlantic, Copenhagen (Denmark) - Orlando, Fl (Cape Canaveral)

$999.00 Balcony

Ship: Norwegian Sun

Sail date : Sept. 20th, 2011

Day 1: Copenhagen (Denmark) Departs 5:00 pm
Day 2: At sea
Day 3: Amsterdam (Holland)
Day 4: Zeebrugge, Brussels (Belgium)
Day 5: At sea
Day 6: At sea
Day 7: Lisbon (Portugal)
Day 8: At sea
Day 9:Ponta Delgada (Portugese Island in the Atlantic)
Day 10 - day 15 at sea
Day 16: Arrival in Cape Canaveral (Orlando)

Airfare to Copenhagen is currently $450 1-way, from where I live.
All in all this cruise should cost less then $2000 per person with airfare and hotels for 3 nights (spending money extra).
Not bad for a 19-20 day vacation !!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The problem I would have with a cruise like that is not enough time in port. 6-8 hours is plenty in the Caribbean/ Bahamas, but there's a whole lot more to do and see in those European cities. I would love to go to Bruges for instance, but I'd like to spend at least a couple days there.

klein

The problem I would have with a cruise like that is not enough time in port. 6-8 hours is plenty in the Caribbean/ Bahamas, but there's a whole lot more to do and see in those European cities. I would love to go to Bruges for instance, but I'd like to spend at least a couple days there.

I just checked. 9 hrs at each port. But by the time you deport the ship and get back on... yeah, it's more like 7.5hrs.
(Still enough time to get laid or high - legal in Europe ) ! :funny: LOL

You could also start out in Germany, and later take the ferry service from Luebeck or Hamburg, over to Copenhagen to start the cruise.

But, seriously, for only a couple hundred dollars more, (due mostly to the extra airfare), then a Caribbean Cruise, more then twice the nights, and how many people do you know that ever done a Transatlantic Cruise ?
Not many. I think it would be well worth it. Btw : Oceanview room is only $799

There is also 1 that starts in London (Dover) England for the same price, but only stops in Lisbon, and that Island Porta Delgada. And is only 12 nights.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
I'd love to do trans-Atlantic someday. I'd also love to do Europe: Dubrovnik, Barcelona, Naples, Rome.

Someday....

klein

I'd love to do trans-Atlantic someday. I'd also love to do Europe: Dubrovnik, Barcelona, Naples, Rome.

Someday....

Just for you ovah ! :

7-Day Classic Mediterranean, Venice to Rome (Civitavecchia)
Ship: Norwegian Jade
Departs: Venice to Rome (Civitavecchia)
Departure Dates: 2011: Oct 8
Ports of Call: Venice, Koper, Split, Dubrovnik, Messina, Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia)
Cruise fares from:

Inside Oceanview Balcony Suite / $749 $999 $1399 $1749

7-Day Western Mediterranean, Round-trip Palma Majorca
Ship: Norwegian Jade
Departs: Roundtrip from Palma, Majorca
Departure Dates: 2010: Aug 14 Sep 25 Oct 9 Nov 6 , 13
Ports of Call: Palma, Majorca, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples
Cruise fares from:

Inside Oceanview Balcony Suite $619 Sold Out $999 $1199

7-Day Western Mediterranean, Roundtrip Barcelona
Ship: Norwegian Epic
Departs: Roundtrip from Barcelona
Departure Dates: 2011: May 22 , 29 Jun 5 , 12 , 19 , 26 Jul 3 , 10 , 17 , 31 Aug 7 , 14 , 21 , 28 Sep 4 , 11 , 18 , 25 Oct 2 , 9 , 16
Ports of Call: Barcelona, Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Palma, Majorca
Cruise fares from:

Inside Balcony Mini Suite Suite Studio Spa $749 $1009 $1249 $2499 $909 $1379

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member

Someday....

How many people say that all the time ??? Just do it !!! Also, what're you saving the good china for?? Use it everyday. Use the good silver too. Bring out the nice linen table cloth. That way, you have no regrets later in life. Light that decorative candle shaped like a flower.

It's too late to do these things when doctor's appointments dominate your life and one of you is too weak to do anything. There are no warnings. It just happens and you have no control over it. Do it, do it, do it !!

klein

Best Alaska (inside passage) Deal :

Nowegian Star

848332_250.gif

1 Seattle, Washington---4:00 p.m.
blank.gif
2 Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska------
blank.gif
3 Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
blank.gif
4 Cruise Sawyer Glacier------
blank.gif

4 Juneau, Alaska 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
blank.gif
5 Skagway, Alaska 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
blank.gif
6 Prince Rupert, British Columbia 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
blank.gif

7 At Sea ------
blank.gif
8 Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia 8:00 a.m.---
blank.gif

$569 Interior $649 Oceanview $1139 Balcony $1349 Suite**

** With purchase of Suite receive $300 onboard credit
Up to 3 category free upgrade
Book oceanview and up and receive 2 free hotel night stays in either Vancouver or Seattle (before or after cruise).

Saildate : Sept 17 -24th, 2011

klein

Thought I would throw in a deal for the westcoast :

Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera Cruise
Departing from Los Angeles (Long Beach), California
Ports of Call: Long Beach, California | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico | Mazatlan, Mexico | Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
744761_250.gif

1 Long Beach (Los Angeles), California---5:30 p.m. departure
blank.gif
2 At Sea ------
blank.gif

3 At Sea ------
blank.gif
4 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
blank.gif

5 Mazatlan, Mexico 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
blank.gif
6 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
blank.gif
7 At Sea ------
blank.gif
8 Long Beach (Los Angeles), California 9:00 a.m. arrival

Interior $389 Oceanview $479 Balcony $659 Suite $1129

The Special offer : Includes 2 free Hotel Night stays in Los Angelas
when booking oceanview or higher.
Hotel stay can be taken before or after cruise.

Sail dates are all year round, but the above sale prices are only for
Jan 16th - Jan 23rd &
Jan 30th - Feb 06th

otherwise prices are higher ($100+ per balcony more)

klein

September Special at Wyndham Vacation Rentals in Orlando, Fl.

Endless Vacation Rentals® by Wyndham Worldwide is offering incredible prices through September at many of their Orlando resorts! An entire week starts at just $379*USD for one and even two bedroom rentals.

Theme parks may be what Orlando is best known for, but that's far from all the city has to offer. Rarely does a destination afford such a myriad of spectacular and diverse choices for every age and interest.

Vacation Rental Suites by Wyndham include a full kitchen, coffee pot, pots & pans, TV and stereo equiptment and much more.
Basically a home away from home.

They all have swimming pools, usually a Gas BBQ that is available for guests, most times a Gym and Tennis court all available at no extra cost.
Free internet access is usually included, some even supply a desktop with printer that is free to use.

Most of these units will sleep up to 4 people, some even 6, all for $379 per week per unit ,not per person.
i.E. a group/famiy of 4 pays under $15 per day per person.

Some airlines are still offering 50% off airfare, which could make an Orlando vacation this September very inexpensive.

klein

Just found this out last week:

If you book your cruise thru Continental Airlines (Continental Cruises), and sign up for "One pass miles rewards",
in most cases the reward miles you earn, by booking the cruise with Continental, is enough to get free return flights to and from the Cruise port !

For example:
My mother is currently on a 10 day Carribean Cruise.
If she would have booked it thru continental cruises (she actually flew with that airline), but, instead booked the cruise directly with Princess Cruises.
She would have earned 20.000 one pass miles (25.000 needed to fly from Edmonton to Ft Lauderdale).

But last week they had double the miles promo (40K) - would have paid easily for the flights, with extra legroom charges.
Even at regular miles (20.000), she could have purchased 5.000 more at a cost of $35 per 1000 miles.
$35 x 5 = $175 total for the return flight.

Instead, she paid closer to $1000 for the flights.

(and no, I didn't book her vacation for her, she left it up to her younger son to do it, and she wasted a lot of money doing so) !

Last edited:

klein

Well, I was just looking at Cuba travel deals.
Awesome prices, a 17 day all inclusive trip (with flight, drinks, meals, room, all kinds of free water sports, and even free spanish lessons) is just $1129.00 + $85 taxes out of Toronto (Montreal might be even cheaper).
That's only $70 a day, and all is paid for ! :)

And right at the Beach, with 4 pools , 4 restaurants, swimm up bar, mini bar in room, and much more.

They do not charge a penny extra for singles (taking up a whole room for themselves) - awesome.
Anybody wants to come along ? I'm flying out of Edmonton , but we could meet up in Toronto since I have a lay-over there anyways.

I'm thinking as soon as it hits -20C or more with no end in sight, I'll be taking off. Maybe sooner, like end of October.

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
I went on a cruise once. That cruise lasted 11 months in the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of North Vietnam. I was nineteen; what a waste.

klein

Here is a pretty sweet deal from Carnival :

CANADIAN RESIDENT RATES

Are you a Canadian Resident? See what special offers Carnival has for you!!!!

Please select this rate only if you are a resident of Canada.

Non-residents who select this rate may be subject to cancellation or additional payment.

CARNIVAL PAST GUEST RATES
This sailing may qualify for Past Guest rates!!!

Select this rate if you are a past guest of Carnival Cruise Lines.

You will be required to enter in your past guest numbers and identification.

Should no past guest rates show, please de-select this option as past guest fares are sold out.

Carnival Conquest
7 Night Western Caribbean
Departing from
New Orleans, Louisiana
Ports of Call: New Orleans, Louisiana | Montego Bay, Jamaica | Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands | Cozumel, Mexico

$609 for balcony and less if you're a previous Carnival Cruiser. (departs Jan 22nd for that low price, other dates available clicking on the link below).

klein

Well, I was just looking at Cuba travel deals.
Awesome prices, a 17 day all inclusive trip (with flight, drinks, meals, room, all kinds of free water sports, and even free spanish lessons) is just $1129.00 + $85 taxes out of Toronto (Montreal might be even cheaper).
That's only $70 a day, and all is paid for ! :)

And right at the Beach, with 4 pools , 4 restaurants, swimm up bar, mini bar in room, and much more.

They do not charge a penny extra for singles (taking up a whole room for themselves) - awesome.
Anybody wants to come along ? I'm flying out of Edmonton , but we could meet up in Toronto since I have a lay-over there anyways.

I'm thinking as soon as it hits -20C or more with no end in sight, I'll be taking off. Maybe sooner, like end of October.

This vacation package has even a better deal :
15 days all inclusive, including flight, meals, wine & dine, etc from Oct 26th - Nov.10th (15 days) for a total of only $889.00 , plus $77.66 tax.
Travel from Toronto, Windsor, London, Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

From Montreal about $50 more.