Other jobs...

U

uber

Paper boy when I was 13.

Bus boy at 2 different restaurants when I was 16-18

Security guard at concerts and events from 18 til I became a driver. (Saw every concert you can think of and had to break up some gruesome fights, tons of memories).

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I was a bus boy at a restaurant from 16-17. I was a server when I turned 18. Hated it. Worked at the beach for a summer in a random beach shop. Did some 'adult films' for about 8 months while I also worked on the unload team for Kohls. Then some bimbo I was dating told me about UPS, as her ex-fiancee had worked there. Aaaaand there you have it.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I caddied
retail store manager ( clothing)
bank head teller
mortgage loan officer
sales engineer / web designer telecommunication company
now here

BrownArmy

Bag-boy at the super-market...midget for boss

Landscaped the creepy neighbors' property...thanks dad!

Worked the register at Burger King...only one who could make change?

Scooped ice-cream at my college campus...learned to hate sorority girls

Rose to manager at a Mom&Pop Liquor/variety store...learned to hate fraternity boys (fake ID wall was EPIC)

Apprenticed for five years under a Japanese expat Sushi Master (made rice for the first two years...I can make some MTHRFCKN rice)...

Cooked in various restaurants, etc...

Drove a beer-truck statewide, loved it!

And then...UPS.

Thanks for the new topic, now I'm wondering where I went wrong.

Painted and lettered race cars in HS.
Worked for an Uncle in Louisiana making parts for shrimp boats in my HS summers.
Managed a carpet warehouse when I graduated.
Managed two fried chicken stores.
Ups from 86 to present.

Did some metal fab work at a street rod shop but that was unpaid in return for mentoring so I don't know if that counts.

Last edited:

pretender

Worked on a farm from age 13 through high school

Started at UPS part time one month after graduating from high school, and also worked at Sears in the receiving department during that time.

Became a driver four years later

Returntosender

Usually but sometimes their clients stiff them.

If the pay is on the level of a UPS driver, would you jump ship? The people embalmers work with don't complain. The only person who knows if you did the job wrong is you. You will always have work. FYI when the clients go stiff it's called rigormortis. You can ask your nurse wife to verify?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
mixer.jpg

Drove one of these for 8 years

Worked in a sawmill for another 8 years previous to that. Jobs there included sawyer, planer operator and lumber grader among others.
mixer.jpg

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I was a bus boy at a restaurant from 16-17. I was a server when I turned 18. Hated it. Worked at the beach for a summer in a random beach shop. Did some 'adult films' for about 8 months while I also worked on the unload team for Kohls. Then some bimbo I was dating told me about UPS, as her ex-fiancee had worked there. Aaaaand there you have it.
Adult film work. So that's where you get your screen name from??? I think I saw you in band camp 3. Good film.
I worked as a bus boy as a teenager, then worked for myself after high school. Now that & brown at night

moreluck

golden ticket member
Started at Ohio Bell on equipmen....

Also workd at an answering service that bought all of Bell's old equipment so I was 'pre-trained' and worked there for 7 years.

I graduated when I worked at the car dealership for a few years...

Then I was in real estate in Salt Lake City.....

Retired in 2000 with hubby and live in San Clemente.

raceanoncr

OK, partial list, mostly in order:

Ice Cream vender, on trike with freezer box on front and on van

Paper route
Baling hay
Weeding beans
Corps of Engineers (where I REALLY learned how to be a gov't screwoff)
Made Swanson TV dinners (ain't ate one since)
Dump truck. B Model Mack w/5x4 trans (look it up)
Cat 621, 631 and 627 scrapers
Cat D-9 pushcat for about a yr
Cat 14 blade for about a yr
UPS package car
UPS feeders
hay.jpgbeans.jpgswanson.jpgpushcat.jpg14.jpgscraper (2).jpgpackage.jpgsleeper.jpgpaper route.jpgmack.jpg
paper route.jpg
hay.jpg
beans.jpg
corps.jpg
swanson.jpg
mack.jpg
pushcat.jpg
14.jpg
scraper (2).jpg
package.jpg
sleeper.jpg

chrootz

I used work for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory as Engineering AutoCAD operator and Drafter work with the Peacekeeper MX missiles.
Peacekeeper_missile.jpg

Then System Administrator for many years then now UPS. :wink2:
Peacekeeper_missile.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Parts store gopher, numerous restaurant summer jobs, country clubhouse assistant mgr, chain restaurant mgt trainee, again a restaurant asst mgr(things going badly now and definitlely regretting my major), insurance agent. Phase 2......part time wrench at private shop while at tech school, disassembly grunt at a Detroit EMD shop(locomotive and tugboat engines), refrigerated transport mechanic and shop foreman, first union job at a large freight line, mechanic at a equipment leasing and repair shop, and then finally tralier then PC mechanic at OOPS.

Parts store gopher, numerous restaurant summer jobs, country clubhouse assistant mgr, chain restaurant mgt trainee, again a restaurant asst mgr(things going badly now and definitlely regretting my major), insurance agent. Phase 2......part time wrench at private shop while at tech school, disassembly grunt at a Detroit EMD shop(locomotive and tugboat engines), refrigerated transport mechanic and shop foreman, first union job at a large freight line, mechanic at a equipment leasing and repair shop, and then finally tralier then PC mechanic at OOPS.

My mom was with EMD out of Lagrange IL for 35+ years. Ironically that building is a stones throw from where I'm doing time.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My mom was with EMD out of Lagrange IL for 35+ years. Ironically that building is a stones throw from where I'm doing time.

I always hated break-in day. Nothing like having a 3600hp 20cylinder running at full throttle for 8 hours. The scream from the turbo is unbelieveable without any bodywork.