Our center manager quit suddenly 2 weeks ago.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why do we even need CMs? You know what happens in our center when our center manager is on vacation? Nothing. LOL! If anything things run a little better.
Completely agree...when my PT sup is on vacation...and the center manager runs the belt...it turns into a three ring circus...and not the fun kind! lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our center manager would be the perfect poster boy for <INSERT ANY RANDOM CIGARETTE COMPANY HERE>. UPS should bill <INSERT ANY RANDOM CIGARETTE COMPANY HERE> for the advertising that takes place in the smoking area outside our center on a daily basis before and after each conference call.

The Range

In too deep
clonetroopers.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

I mean honestly....we don't need ours. He doesn't do anything but relay messages (how many routes to cut) to the dispatch sup and then sits through a couple of conference calls where he gets scolded/praised on the the previous day's numbers. And UPS pays CMs him handsomely for this? Imagine how much money the company would save if CMs were eliminated. Imagine what could be done with that extra capital.

OPTION3

we have over under pools on how long they will last …..current one is going on 2 weeks…… I’m saying 3 mos tops

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Our current center manager is merely a figurehead. Our one on car sup basically runs the center and the center manager gets all the credit.
Our previous center manager was pretty much like that. He was pretty laid back and rarely interacted 1on1 with drivers. The senior on-car pretty much handled everything. Our current center manager is pulling guys into the office pretty much daily about performance. It's funny with on-cars and CMs change positions/assignments, switch around, quit or get fired we never hear about it and they never address us or introduce themselves. It's just here today, gone tomorrow and they seem surprised when you ask who they are when they start addressing you.