Our center manager quit suddenly 2 weeks ago.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Raw, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Raw

Raw Raw Member

A bit less stress in center now!:biggrin:

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Nice...I wish mine would freakin quit! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Why do we even need CMs? You know what happens in our center when our center manager is on vacation? Nothing. LOL! If anything things run a little better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Our current center manager is merely a figurehead. Our one on car sup basically runs the center and the center manager gets all the credit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

Completely agree...when my PT sup is on vacation...and the center manager runs the belt...it turns into a three ring circus...and not the fun kind! lol.

6. jaker

jaker trolling

Know what you mean , I love when ours goes on vacation I think the sups love it more

7. Overpaid Union Thug

Our center manager would be the perfect poster boy for <INSERT ANY RANDOM CIGARETTE COMPANY HERE>. UPS should bill <INSERT ANY RANDOM CIGARETTE COMPANY HERE> for the advertising that takes place in the smoking area outside our center on a daily basis before and after each conference call.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Be careful what you wish for, there maybe worse out there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  9. bleedinbrown58

Had one good one and four bad ones since I started at ups....center manager's don't seem to last too long before getting transferred, demoted or fired. IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. The Range

The Range In too deep

[​IMG]

11. Overpaid Union Thug

I mean honestly....we don't need ours. He doesn't do anything but relay messages (how many routes to cut) to the dispatch sup and then sits through a couple of conference calls where he gets scolded/praised on the the previous day's numbers. And UPS pays CMs him handsomely for this? Imagine how much money the company would save if CMs were eliminated. Imagine what could be done with that extra capital.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Our center manager is so fat we have an over/under bet on how soon he will have a heart attack.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

we have over under pools on how long they will last …..current one is going on 2 weeks…… I’m saying 3 mos tops

14. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

min2.gifmorning safety meeting…..prework stretch

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Anybody in your center get the dirt yet on why?

16. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Our previous center manager was pretty much like that. He was pretty laid back and rarely interacted 1on1 with drivers. The senior on-car pretty much handled everything. Our current center manager is pulling guys into the office pretty much daily about performance. It's funny with on-cars and CMs change positions/assignments, switch around, quit or get fired we never hear about it and they never address us or introduce themselves. It's just here today, gone tomorrow and they seem surprised when you ask who they are when they start addressing you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

cleo.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. bleedinbrown58

Sounds like my DM...he went from parking in the customer center lot to parking inside the building...lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  19. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

We had two CMs' quit at the same time and start a bar a while back. Brings new meaning to this job driving you to drink.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. rorojo

rorojo Member

Wow I guess I'm lucky. I have had only one bad center manager and he didn't last but a few months.