Our center manager quit suddenly 2 weeks ago.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow I guess I'm lucky. I have had only one bad center manager and he didn't last but a few months.
Yeah I can't say I've had a truly terrible one.

I have had one that was in over his head. Just couldn't handle center manager but not an :censored2:.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The biggest problem with center manager's (IMO) is that they are either so far removed from driving or only drove for a few months on their way to becoming on-car's.

They are the most out-of-touch of the supervisors that we as drivers deal with on a daily basis IYAM.

JL 0513

If I had to guess on the sudden move, I'd say Orion was his final straw. It seems to be putting more stress on them than the drivers for obvious reasons. Having to generate numbers with a flawed system and having every driver unloading on you about it. That's some stress right there.

Island

What I'm about to say might not surprise very many people.
There are several members of management here who are at high risk for heart attacks and strokes. There's only a few of them who I would actually stop and help if I saw them having one such incident and I was the only one around. It is my very strong opinion that many people in corporate management represent the worst people on the planet and some of them have the same morals and ethics as terrorists and arabic warlords.
The manager who just retired here was evil to the point of making disabled people with heart problems do the hardest jobs in the hub just to make them have heart attacks - to get rid of them. How dare the present doctors' notes demanding a less strenuous position! How dare they! KILL EM! Well as much as I very loudly spoke out against this practice I witnessed one close friend have a heart attack at work, and sure enough another had kidney failure and a heart attack (while I wasn't around) and still a third person on my shift has had a heart attack on the job recently after being targeted by this manager. The utter wrongness of all this compounds on the fact that this manager had a stroke and in my opinion has had several mini strokes on the job. I believe I was talking to this manager on two occasions where their brain just seemed to stop and they forgot where they were, freezing in place as though experiencing a great cramp, and moments later when the manager came to, they began the cussing and yelling and so forth.

To emphasize my point. Managers in the corporate ladder are some of the worst people I have ever met. And I've met felons, murderers, and wealthy preachers.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I remember once when I was walking by the center manager's office seeing him with his head in his hands crying his eyes out. He was gone within the week.

JL 0513

I don't know who would ever want the job. Aside from the supposed 6 figure salary. The amount of crap that comes down the pipeline that they deal with...

As much as drivers deal with numbers, center manager's live and die by them. If the numbers aren't there, they get hung.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
6 of last 7 center manager`s couldn`t do the job as they have to center manager 2 centers about 20 miles apart.......
sounds like our center manager. of course we keep him so tied up in our center he rarely is in the second one lol

There are several members of management here who are at high risk for heart attacks and strokes. There's only a few of them who I would actually stop and help if I saw them having one such incident and I was the only one around. It is my very strong opinion that many people in corporate management represent the worst people on the planet and some of them have the same morals and ethics as terrorists and arabic warlords.
The manager who just retired here was evil to the point of making disabled people with heart problems do the hardest jobs in the hub just to make them have heart attacks - to get rid of them. How dare the present doctors' notes demanding a less strenuous position! How dare they! KILL EM! Well as much as I very loudly spoke out against this practice I witnessed one close friend have a heart attack at work, and sure enough another had kidney failure and a heart attack (while I wasn't around) and still a third person on my shift has had a heart attack on the job recently after being targeted by this manager. The utter wrongness of all this compounds on the fact that this manager had a stroke and in my opinion has had several mini strokes on the job. I believe I was talking to this manager on two occasions where their brain just seemed to stop and they forgot where they were, freezing in place as though experiencing a great cramp, and moments later when the manager came to, they began the cussing and yelling and so forth.

To emphasize my point. Managers in the corporate ladder are some of the worst people I have ever met. And I've met felons, murderers, and wealthy preachers.
Jesus loves us all. We should all try to help someone if they are hurt. Being the better person isn't always the fun thing to do but it's the right thing. Don't lower yourself because other people suck.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And just remember, Hub or Center manager is an entry management level position. Rarely are they promoted any higher.

Our most recent DM, and our current were both center manager's rather recently.

Just saying.

Most center manager's, however aren't any kind of "manager" they are merely puppets who force what they're told from above onto all of the peons below, no matter the repercussions.

I'll make a six figure salary once I'm in feeders, I don't need any stress. I mean hell, how hard can it be driving around those big hogs.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

Our most recent DM, and our current were both center manager's rather recently.

Just saying.

Most center manager's, however aren't any kind of "manager" they are merely puppets who force what they're told from above onto all of the peons below, no matter the repercussions.

I'll make a six figure salary once I'm in feeders, I don't need any stress. I mean hell, how hard can it be driving around those big hogs.
How many center manager's does a DM have responsibility for?