Our center manager quit suddenly 2 weeks ago.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our center manager is great. From what I've been told the best one the center has had in 25 years. Treats you like a human being. No complaints here

Same here, we have a good one. Its too bad that the "good ones" have no hope of climbing much further, the only ones who reach the upper levels are the ones who are cutthroat enough to cheat and cut corners in order to look better than the competition.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Same here, we have a good one. Its too bad that the "good ones" have no hope of climbing much further, the only ones who reach the upper levels are the ones who are cutthroat enough to cheat and cut corners in order to look better than the competition.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Never seen a poor center manager until 2 years ago. Thankfully this one was recently reassigned. I first thought that you tainted this one, but after asking around, was told this person is just the same as they were 25 years ago.

OPTION3

Never seen a poor center manager until 2 years ago. Thankfully this one was recently reassigned. I first thought that you tainted this one, but after asking around, was told this person is just the same as they were 25 years ago.
same as they were….translation….A-hole

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Sent using BrownCafe App
Add to the fact they run the business how they need to in order to service customers and keep morale up with drivers. Unfortunately, these things don't register in a report, so they don't matter to the higher ups.

Strange things happen when you treat employees and customers as if they matter, they tend to spend and do more for you.

Foamer Pyle

I have to agree with Island. The corporate management people are entirely different breed of inhumanity.

I work at the same center as Raw. We have had about 27 managers, over a 25 year time period. I believe that maybe "three" of them survived our center and went on in UPS to do something else. The rest of these folks were all fired or quit, before they were fired. Personally, I don't have the stomach to mistreat others the way they do.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have had the privelege of working for a number of center manager's and supervisors who were decent people. They were able to stay that way because they had accepted the fact that they would never be promoted, which allowed them to be ethical rather than cutthroat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
I have had the privelege of working for a number of center manager's and supervisors who were decent people. They were able to stay that way because they had accepted the fact that they would never be promoted, which allowed them to be ethical rather than cutthroat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sadly there are few of the good ones left. Now its more frequently unethical types or company yes men afraid to speak up.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I guess I'm fortunate that my center manager was a driver for several years before going into management. It's also funny that I have his old route!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I guess I'm fortunate that my center manager was a driver for several years before going into management. It's also funny that I have his old route!
That used to be the standard not the exception. Now you can have an on road that has never run a route tell a 30 year vet that everything he does is wrong.