Our Fantastic Healthcare

overflowed

According to Cigna they're in network. The healthcare industry just seems to have a license to steal these days.
Biggest crooks in the world. Er bill a while back for 1 day overnight released in morning? 25K . They charged 2500 for a unit of blood. My billing for medications were like 1500. All they gave me was a sleeping pill and one hydrocodone. No surgery, nothing. On the hook for 4000+ . Great benefits .

vantexan

Biggest crooks in the world. Er bill a while back for 1 day overnight released in morning? 25K . They charged 2500 for a unit of blood. My billing for medications were like 1500. All they gave me was a sleeping pill and one hydrocodone. No surgery, nothing. On the hook for 4000+ . Great benefits .

The Affordable Care Act truly would be if they prosecuted medical exec's for price gouging.

bacha29

People were all over Ted Kennedy when he brought up the idea of expanding Medicare into a nationwide single payer system. How could it have been any worse than what we have now?

vantexan

Doesn't sound too terrible, but I've been on an individual plan my whole working life. Don't forget to negotiate your side of the bill. They always throw out a crazy high number since many people just pay it, if you call and offer them less they'll probably work with you.
My stepmother used to have blockages in her intestines that required overnight hospitalization. Various hospitals charged anywhere from a few thousand to as much as $15k. My dad would tell them he could only pay a couple thousand and pretty much that was always accepted. Thanks for reminding me of that, I'll give it a try.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Vote in a Union. Teamcare is a whole lot better than that.

I have a friend who is a Teamster driver for a private carrier. His wages are essentially the same as UPS and his medical is fantastic. He recently racked-up a $54,000 medical bill when something went awry with his inner ear. His out-of-pocket was $458, and once they saw his plan, he was upgraded to a private room immediately.

Yozh69

That's because Obamacare exempted unions from the Cadillac tax. They can still offer fantastic care to their member s without having to worry about paying a penalty for paying to much for a great health plan

oldngray

nowhere special
That's because Obamacare exempted unions from the Cadillac tax. They can still offer fantastic care to their member s without having to worry about paying a penalty for paying to much for a great health plan

Not true. Obama promised unions they would be exempted but then screwed then over.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a friend who is a Teamster driver for a private carrier. His wages are essentially the same as UPS and his medical is fantastic. He recently racked-up a $54,000 medical bill when something went awry with his inner ear. His out-of-pocket was $458, and once they saw his plan, he was upgraded to a private room immediately.
Our companies both make money, UPS workers just share in more of the labor produced profit by sticking together.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our companies both make money, UPS workers just share in more of the labor produced profit by sticking together.

You understand that and I understand that, but there are lots of people who do not. The friend I mentioned works for a private Teamster carrier. He tells me that UPS has a slightly better retirement, but that his company has better medical. His Teamster unit makes up a tiny fraction of this company, which has well over 150,000 employees. Their (the other 99%) medical isn't even close to the IBT plan. Very specialized work, best done by a skilled Teamster.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone who disagrees with him is automatically labeled a company apologist.

Disagree away. Mr 7 said some bad things about me and I defended myself. From the tone of his post, he apparently thinks I complain way too much about FedEx, which is fine.

I think it's a shathole, continues to be a shathole, and always will be a shathole if people grow complacent and lie down and take it. I assumed Mr. 7 now loves FedEx, so please get over it.

Thank you, and I love Canada, and hope to move there if Trump becomes President. Hopefully, you understand that you have things a bit better up north because you don't operate under US laws, hence you probably have less to complain about.

Please disagree so I can call you a corporate apologist...not.

!Retired!

Had chest pain that wouldn't stop about a month ago. My wife insisted I go to the ER. Left after a little less than 3 hours, blood work done that determined no heart attack, a pain killer administered intravenously knocked the pain out. Just got a statement from Cigna that says it all cost $2870, of which I'm responsible for $1858. Way to go FedEx, pay us just enough to live paycheck to paycheck then give us healthcare that puts us in serious jeopardy if used. Looks like another monthly bill.
Did you read the details of the plan you chose or did you just choose the cheapest option?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Did you read the details of the plan you chose or did you just choose the cheapest option?

You are going to pay a nice chunk of change for anything you get through the ER (unless you're admitted to the hospital).

The last time I had a reason to be worried about my health, I was going to the ER. I don't know why, but it dawned on me to call a doctor first, and I called one that I'd never used before. The lady said they could see me in an hour. After all the tests, we were going over what my insurance probably would and wouldn't cover and she told me how much it would might cost me. I joked with her about the cost and said that maybe I should have gone to the ER instead. She laughed and said, "If I'd known you were looking to spend THAT much money, I would have charged you more!" Her advice to me was anything they do in the office will cost between double and quadruple if it's done in the ER and to go there as a last resort.