Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

bumped

The cover drivers always run better than I do on the reports except for the Orion percentage. I run in the high 90's. The big problem is that they rack up on average $600 worth of follow ups every week I'm on vacation.

I will only leave a phone with a signed delivery notice, and very few people sign those to leave their packages.
Hell, most of the time, I don't even get the truck stopped completely before the customer is out the door, down the driveway, and holding their hands out to receive their phone!:P I rarely have one I have to dr.

Dr.Brownz

Wow I knew Orion sucked but I hadn't heard about the deliver from the 6000, 7000, 8000, sections in the morning stuff. We don't use PAL/EDD here so I'm not even sure which shelves those numbers describe exactly but I hope I got my point across. We have driver sort and load and occasionally if a driver really cares they will find the ground for a resi airstop and deliver it with it. I don't see why a simpler system couldn't have been implemented with EDD, to flag ground stops in a certain radius as a air stop. Though UPS would probably screw that up too. It's absurd how the drivers area knowledge is seemingly forgotten by UPS, both in ORION and in my building I see it too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow I knew Orion sucked but I hadn't heard about the deliver from the 6000, 7000, 8000, sections in the morning stuff. We don't use PAL/EDD here so I'm not even sure which shelves those numbers describe exactly but I hope I got my point across. We have driver sort and load and occasionally if a driver really cares they will find the ground for a resi airstop and deliver it with it. I don't see why a simpler system couldn't have been implemented with EDD, to flag ground stops in a certain radius as a air stop. Though UPS would probably screw that up too. It's absurd how the drivers area knowledge is seemingly forgotten by UPS, both in ORION and in my building I see it too.

If you are loading your own car wouldn't it make sense to load all of the packages for a residential and/or bulk stop together?

Dr.Brownz

If you are loading your own car wouldn't it make sense to load all of the packages for a residential and/or bulk stop together?

How do you know that stop is coming? You don't until they unload the air car at the very end of the sort. So are you going to dig through the mound of packages that are bricked out on your shelves or are you just going to get rid of that stop and then sort your packages later? Plus your not even sure if there is that stop in that pile because that would involve remembering every single stop you put into that truck and the other truck(s) your loading.

Jesus christ it's amazing how you believe you have some special insight into other peoples job process's.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Today, three out of my first five stops were in the 6000 section, including first two. And I had to unload some of my RDL and other items from the bulkhead side to get to it. :P

PT Car Washer

How do you know that stop is coming? You don't until they unload the air car at the very end of the sort. So are you going to dig through the mound of packages that are bricked out on your shelves or are you just going to get rid of that stop and then sort your packages later? Plus your not even sure if there is that stop in that pile because that would involve remembering every single stop you put into that truck and the other truck(s) your loading.

Jesus christ it's amazing how you believe you have some special insight into other peoples job process's.
Air car? Have you never seen an Air trailer with 4 or 5 air cans? They fly them in on these flying machines we call cargo jets. Go real fast.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
well well, looks like this program is similar to FedEx's HD side... but the drivers load the cargo in stop order, not letting you to skip around package shelves to get to your first couple of stops.

HD side works since there are no time commits (airmail) to get rid of by 1030 & some drivers don't really give a damn if they get to a business after closing. they'll catch it the next day and "break trace" if they didn't have the area knowledge to do so from the beginning

it's also true if the person on the computer didn't "tweak" that particular route correctly, then it'll have us driving around the same streets up to 3x in the same day.

so in the next few years, someone with zero area knowledge will hop in on any route and be at least 85% effective & will eventually lower those wages down to FX Ground levels

Bottom rung

well well, looks like this program is similar to FedEx's HD side... but the drivers load the cargo in stop order, not letting you to skip around package shelves to get to your first couple of stops.

HD side works since there are no time commits (airmail) to get rid of by 1030 & some drivers don't really give a damn if they get to a business after closing. they'll catch it the next day and "break trace" if they didn't have the area knowledge to do so from the beginning

it's also true if the person on the computer didn't "tweak" that particular route correctly, then it'll have us driving around the same streets up to 3x in the same day.

so in the next few years, someone with zero area knowledge will hop in on any route and be at least 85% effective & will eventually lower those wages down to FX Ground levels
Our wages will only be lowered to that level if we don't stick together as teamsters. The system will never be as good as they say. You need good input first, they think we're thiefs so they won't listen to us. Sounds like you management team is sewing the fear seed in your building to get you guys worried. Fear mongers....all of them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I love when fat guys get in the jump seat. I tell them I am not squeezing around them with their legs to the side and make them get in/out of the car as much as I do. I love making them sweat.
Give them all of the irregs and over 70s to lift. ..guaranteed they will have a fked up back by the time the day is over...