Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Our wages will only be lowered to that level if we don't stick together as teamsters. The system will never be as good as they say. You need good input first, they think we're thiefs so they won't listen to us.

i'm from the purple side, but based on your strong union membership ~ the current drivers won't have that much takeaways

it's the newer UPS drivers coming in that will have the reduced wages/ longer wage progression/ bennies etc...
---------------------------
FX Ground/HD prove that the similar job can be done at less pay.

& especially at HD where some routes have a new driver on it almost every year (either the route sucks/ or the contractor isn't paying enough)

they just follow the trace until their area knowledge is developed enough to skip trace and do it more efficiently

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, If they used it.

In our center if there is a concern claiming that we didn't knock or ring the bell they will pull up Telematics for that stop to see how long you were there. It takes roughly 10-15 seconds to scan , knock, fill out the notice, knock again, scan and affix notice to door, complete stop.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In our center if there is a concern claiming that we didn't knock or ring the bell they will pull up Telematics for that stop to see how long you were there. It takes roughly 10-15 seconds to scan , knock, fill out the notice, knock again, scan and affix notice to door, complete stop.
They use it for tracers here, dfu, but have never used it to back up a driver on a concern. Any driver. It did save me one time a lady said I never delivered her tires, and it showed me right smack dab in front of her house.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They use it for tracers here, dfu, but have never used it to back up a driver on a concern. Any driver. It did save me one time a lady said I never delivered her tires, and it showed me right smack dab in front of her house.

They do it all the time here.

We had a driver who was accused of speeding in a residential area. Telematics showed him driving 55 in what was determined to be a 35 mph zone. Not good.

calcio56

We have had orion for a while now (about a year). It's gotten way way way better over time.

They just started asking us to fill out "how to run my route forms". Anybody else get these??

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
We have had orion for a while now (about a year). It's gotten way way way better over time.

They just started asking us to fill out "how to run my route forms". Anybody else get these??
and here lies the problem.. new centers getting this have to deal with the management threats and harassment for either going 100% and going over miles or going under 85 and lowering miles.. These all seem to matter less over time, but why should we have to deal with the stress in the first place?????

Re-Raise

The Skynet people... oops I mean the ORION people.. are supposed to be in our center next week. It should be interesting.

calcio56

A while back they had an orion suggestion box. A while before that they encouraged us to talk to dispatch about orion issues on our routes. Now they want us to fill out a detailed form about why we run the route the way we do.

Orion will eventually succeed. But I'm not going to spell out the reasons why I'm successful so that they can devalue my job.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yesterday, ORION had me picking up one of my business customers at 8:56AM, which is 4 minutes before they even open and 6 hours before their 3:00 scheduled pickup time that I am supposed to be in compliance with.

You cant make this stuff up.

Overpaid Union Thug

A while back they had an orion suggestion box. A while before that they encouraged us to talk to dispatch about orion issues on our routes. Now they want us to fill out a detailed form about why we run the route the way we do.

Orion will eventually succeed. But I'm not going to spell out the reasons why I'm successful so that they can devalue my job.
ORION will never succeed. It can't because at best it can only reconfigure a route the same way a driver with area knowledge would in order to shave some miles/time. Only its not doing that. At least not in a safe/effective manor that best serves our customers. At best its very expensive overkill and redundancy. On average it's an epic waste of money and a total failure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ORION will never succeed. It can't because at best it can only reconfigure a route the same way a driver with area knowledge would in order to shave some miles/time. Only its not doing that. At least not in a safe/effective manor that best serves our customers. At best its very expensive overkill and redundancy. On average it's an epic waste of money and a total failure.

Orion 2.0 will resolve all of those issues.