Our PCM's have been getting a "Facelift"

FilingBluesFL

Over the past month or so, our center has been getting our PCM's spruced up.

Basically, as our supervisor stands there spewing crap, such as "fun facts" and whatnot, a gaggle of 2-10 (yes, TEN) other goobers stand around with clip boards in their hands with stupid check lists on them and watch and observe, and take notes about the PCM's that are being given.

So now to "communicate effectively" they have a new "method" of giving out the PCM, starting with a lame "fun fact" of the day, and then 2-3 points to "discuss" with us, and then a "review" of what was said at the PCM.

I wondered out loud how much the company was spending to pay those people to stand around with clip boards in their hands, and of course supervisor had a smart ass answer "Not nearly as much as we pay you in over-allowed." "Oh, well sucks to be them, the only reason I can stand looking at you every morning is because they pay me that much money."

Anyone else having their PCM's "revamped?"

The Driver

I drive.

Basically, as our supervisor stands there spewing crap, such as "fun facts" and whatnot, a gaggle of 2-10 (yes, TEN) other goobers stand around with clip boards in their hands with stupid check lists on them and watch and observe, and take notes about the PCM's that are being given.

So now to "communicate effectively" they have a new "method" of giving out the PCM, starting with a lame "fun fact" of the day, and then 2-3 points to "discuss" with us, and then a "review" of what was said at the PCM.

I wondered out loud how much the company was spending to pay those people to stand around with clip boards in their hands, and of course supervisor had a smart ass answer "Not nearly as much as we pay you in over-allowed." "Oh, well sucks to be them, the only reason I can stand looking at you every morning is because they pay me that much money."

I just smile and nod. You sound like you could use a vacation.

FilingBluesFL

Lol 90% of the time my pcm consists of "be safe get to work"

Yeah, they're kind of doing away with that stuff these days. We're still a relatively "small" center, but we've been getting hammered the past year.

This new PCM "style" starts with:

Two kinds of stretches that we supposedly must all participate in.

1. A "fun" fact.
2. A review of 3 points they will be going over with us.
3. A more thorough review of the three points, each individually
4. A review of the 3 points they went over with us.
5. Then they tell us to hurry up and get to work we're wasting too much time standing around.

Supposedly it's supposed to help them "communicate" to us more effectively.

Rainman

Its all good.

Exact same thing where I'm at. Multi center building. Today's fact: Einstein slept 10 hours every night. Yeah, right. He was known to be a lady's man. Probably slept 6 and seduced for 4.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

That's the new thing the higher ups have been harping on since about January. Originally every PCM was supposed to be observed and documented. Now I think on the part time level it is once a week. They say it's to document what you said in case something ever comes up. Essentially just a way to say "Hey I told ya so!"

We are observed on this:
1)Whether or not we had an opener that would catch attention.
2)Safety Tip
3)Wellness Tip
4)Whether or not we went through stretching with everybody.
5)Whether or not we provided a visual aid in our presentation
6)Fun Fact
7)Stuff from the previous day that needs to be reviewed.

I think there are 1 or 2 more things I'm missing. It's a joke. The OMS observes about 5 seconds and says good job.

I think my guys can recite mine by heart. "Hey guys let's have our PCM. Alright make sure you wear a reflective vest in the yard, drink lots of water, stretch so your loose for the sort. You see that load stand? Make sure if the stack gets high you use it. Did you know CACH has 8000 employees? Oh by the way we nailed it yesterday good job."

If I have good information to share I do. But I don't need to sound like a robot while I do it just to look good on a piece of paper. I talk to humans, not robots.

CHALLY9TX

We have 2 start times in our center. The earlier one seems to get the most attention by management. The second PCM (which is the one I'm in) seem to not get all the info the first PCM gets. It also seems that the safety guy cares more about the PCM than management.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Their stretches are a joke. Proper stretching takes as much as 15 minutes. Not these 15 seconds of bending down and touching your toes.

You should all bring this up at your individual PCM's.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right IMO.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just wait till the dynamic stretching gets rolled out to you. 10 minute PCMs, first 5 of it snickering at the on car doing ballet and yoga.