Our pensions

p193_p_v7_aa.jpg

L

Lizzzow

I would love to lose our pension and see that money in my check.

I agree as well. I put no faith in someone else managing my finances. Give it to me and I will save it or invest it. I have coworkers that talk all the time about how they are looking forward to their pension in 20 years. If it's there for me great. But I like to be on the more cautious side of things. I spend less, save more and plan on pension cuts in the future. Better to be prepared than caught with my pockets empty relying on someone else to give me money. Do we deserve pensions? I think we diffenately all work hard enough in this company to have earned it. But my advice for anyone is take care of yourselves and save on your own. The way retirees are being scalped these days you might have to just keep on working!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree as well. I put no faith in someone else managing my finances. Give it to me and I will save it or invest it. I have coworkers that talk all the time about how they are looking forward to their pension in 20 years. If it's there for me great. But I like to be on the more cautious side of things. I spend less, save more and plan on pension cuts in the future. Better to be prepared than caught with my pockets empty relying on someone else to give me money. Do we deserve pensions? I think we diffenately all work hard enough in this company to have earned it. But my advice for anyone is take care of yourselves and save on your own. The way retirees are being scalped these days you might have to just keep on working!
Just read an article about how 401k have been a huge failure. Almost 40% of people have under 10k in their accounts.

There were professors saying we need to take the money employers put towards 401k and start a government ran retirement plan.

Holy :censored2: people we already have one that's a massive failure.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I read that article .
Those under 40 on average save $10K .
50-65 on average have $76K .
My amount now is what a professional airline pilot's average is .