Our pensions

bogeyball

Just read an article about how 401k have been a huge failure. Almost 40% of people have under 10k in their accounts.

There were professors saying we need to take the money employers put towards 401k and start a government ran retirement plan.

Holy :censored2: people we already have one that's a massive failure.

So, are you saying the failure is in the system? Or, is the failure at the hands of the enrolled...I know far too many that put pittance towards their 401K and wonder why its so little. If planned correctly, your 401K should be a robust supplemental to your pension. I know mine is.....;)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So, are you saying the failure is in the system? Or, is the failure at the hands of the enrolled...I know far too many that put pittance towards their 401K and wonder why its so little. If planned correctly, your 401K should be a robust supplemental to your pension. I know mine is.....;)
Uh I was just quoting an article of "experts". I think everyone should be responsible for their own personal retirement.

twoweeled

What do you think would happen to our union pension if UPS does away with the teamsters. Seems like the writing is on the wall.
The way things are right now. The company doesn't want to do away with the union. The union really isn't any threat to the company. The union sorta acts as a buffer for some serious law suits. Because we must expire remedies through union/company actions, before a most law suits could be brought.
If the union goes, I think it'll be because the members no longer see enough advantage to having them around. Just me opinion.

sandlot1

Junk Yard Dog
The way things are right now. The company doesn't want to do away with the union. The union really isn't any threat to the company. The union sorta acts as a buffer for some serious law suits. Because we must expire remedies through union/company actions, before a most law suits could be brought.
If the union goes, I think it'll be because the members no longer see enough advantage to having them around. Just me opinion.
Yes you are 100% correct in my opinion...without the UNION intact at UPS the members and non members would sue for any infraction done to them just like the general public do ...non stop litigation.