Our Stolen Package or Packages Policy

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
if the customer says they never rec'd pkg that starts a tracer i've never paid for a lost pkg. but circumstances may dictate other answers.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
In my 27 yrs. Never had to pay. The 1st thing I look for is the cost. I don't believe I ever had a lost box for much over 100 bucks. We did have a driver lose a box for 5 grand. They threatened him with you may have to pay for this box. But, in the end the steward found he was never told about the high value. To take extra care. So the company had to eat it. Now we have a part timer who goes to each driver with a high value sheet. To make them aware. So, good came out of it for all

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I've had plenty of tracers with people saying they never got their package and it must of been stolen. Never paid for one. Ever.

And you never will.

Unless they can prove it was a bad DR.

Every now and then, they will do a DR audit on a DFU.

If the DIAD showed DR FP and they went out to the house and saw that the porch was 10 feet from the street with no bushes and no way to "hide' that rather large package, you could be responsible for paying for it.

You will never have to pay for a package as long as it was DR'ed according to the methods.

542thruNthru

I've only done 1 DFU in my UPS life. Was yelled at for 10 minutes. Ever sense I drop them right in the trash. It's been many years since that first one.

Packmule

UPS pays for them (though they shouldn't. No one should.) the address is then placed on a "no driver release" status permanently.
When I tell customers that it's amazing how missing items suddenly show up!

anHOURover

I have had plenty of managers and dispatch sups who told me I need to dr more! I refused when I delivered to a drug invested war zone! I delivered in areas where the sups were afraid to come follow you!