Out more than 45 but keeps route....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your legal expertise and broken English are far too advanced for me.

Answer his question. My answer is that the company is more than happy to overlook any violations which benefit them, like working through your lunch for free, using your cell phone for company business while driving etc. The 45/90 discretionary BS allows management to eliminate those whom they don't like and keep the Butt-kissing yes men and women who do their bidding and keep their mouths shut.

If, on the other hand, you are hurt, openly pro-union, or on the shatlist, it will be 45 days for sure.

Jeez, why would anyone get upset about an arrangement like that?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Answer his question. My answer is that the company is more than happy to overlook any violations which benefit them, like working through your lunch for free, using your cell phone for company business while driving etc. The 45/90 discretionary BS allows management to eliminate those whom they don't like and keep the Butt-kissing yes men and women who do their bidding and keep their mouths shut.

If, on the other hand, you are hurt, openly pro-union, or on the shatlist, it will be 45 days for sure.

Jeez, why would anyone get upset about an arrangement like that?

Whatever you say!

59 Dano

Tell us how it's "for our benefit" or some other crap FedEx phraseology. I'd like to know how you apply it at Station One.

It's for the benefit of the operation.

I guess the Station One dead horse is due for another beating.

59 Dano

I know of a person who used vacation days to reinitialize the 90 days and basically, being off for 6 months, returned to the rte.

I've always said that if you were smart, you can get things to roll your way without much of a problem. The guy you're referring to is smart.

59 Dano

Who said the 45/90 day doesn't include wc?

I don't think you would be able to pull that off in a WC case. You could take the vacation money if you wanted it, but you'd still be considered out on a WC injury. You aren't eligible to work until released by a doctor.

MAKAVELI

I don't think you would be able to pull that off in a WC case. You could take the vacation money if you wanted it, but you'd still be considered out on a WC injury. You aren't eligible to work until released by a doctor.
Which is exactly why the policy is bs. Most serious injuries require more than 45 days.

59 Dano

Which is exactly why the policy is bs. Most serious injuries require more than 45 days.

Regardless, how is the policy here different from the norm?

My suggestion is the same regardless of where you work. Be an employee they think is worth keeping around instead of one they think wouldn't be any great loss.

MAKAVELI

Regardless, how is the policy here different from the norm?

My suggestion is the same regardless of where you work. Be an employee they think is worth keeping around instead of one they think wouldn't be any great loss.
I have never worked for, nor heard of another company with the same policy.

59 Dano

I have never worked for, nor heard of another company with the same policy.

The only difference between us and most other employers is that we have nothing to worry about if we keep it under 45 days. The others usually do whatever they want, whenever they want.

MAKAVELI

The only difference between us and most other employers is that we have nothing to worry about if we keep it under 45 days. The others usually do whatever they want, whenever they want.
Sorry but that's not my experience. Most companies honor disability and wc absences. And UPS has no such policy.