Out more than 45 but keeps route....

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The new courier is doing 70 to 75 per day and is laughing everyday because the route is so easy.

That's only because he works through his lunch and falsifies everything.
Sorry, couldn't resist. You guys are growing on me! Like a fungus! :cool-very:

Lets all hope a dispatch or CSA position opens soon because old courier needs a job and old courier never really was a true courier.

I bet if he'd been a good true courier, then the discretion of management and the operational needs of the station would have leaned toward making more of an effort to protect his route for him.

Funny how that works, no?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Some courier even made comments wondering how management offer up two different routes without putting them up for bid?

Because you obviously have a station full of people with no balls. As long as everyone makes comments to each other, nothing will change. If you know something isn't right, look up the policy and print it. If your HR is useless, call their boss and let them know you know the policy.

There is a newer guy in my building who asked for two open days off a month before he needed them. He kept being put off. The Friday before the requested two days, they were still putting him off. He informed them that he would NOT be there, period. He got an OLCC and two days of LWOP. He asked me what to do. I told him to call our HR guy's boss. He did. He was scared to death he would get fired for calling him. HR boss made sure the OLCC went away AND he got paid for those two days.

Use the policy to your advantage. You have to fight for yourselves. NO one else will.

59 Dano

There is a newer guy in my building who asked for two open days off a month before he needed them. He kept being put off. The Friday before the requested two days, they were still putting him off. He informed them that he would NOT be there, period. He got an OLCC and two days of LWOP. He asked me what to do. I told him to call our HR guy's boss. He did. He was scared to death he would get fired for calling him. HR boss made sure the OLCC went away AND he got paid for those two days.

WITHOUT A LAWYER????

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I bet if he'd been one of the managers favorite suckasses, then the discretion of management and the direction of the wind at the station would have leaned toward making more of an effort to protect his route for him.

Funny how a shill works, no?
There.

I fixed it for 'ya.

fatboy33

That's only because he works through his lunch and falsifies everything.........................................
Picture an upper scale, non-gated community where the homes are very close to one another and amazon is like their everyday mail. One could park their truck and walk to 4 deliveries minutes apart and drive to the next block and repeat. Most of the route is like this. Shade everywhere and two main streets with choice of pizza, thai, Mexican, Chinese, gluten-free and a market selling micro wave meals. To say this route is cake is an understatement. Again, I'm happy for the person on the route now and very disappointed in the old courier.

Purplepackage

Picture an upper scale, non-gated community where the homes are very close to one another and amazon is like their everyday mail. One could park their truck and walk to 4 deliveries minutes apart and drive to the next block and repeat. Most of the route is like this. Shade everywhere and two main streets with choice of pizza, thai, Mexican, Chinese, gluten-free and a market selling micro wave meals. To say this route is cake is an understatement. Again, I'm happy for the person on the route now and very disappointed in the old courier.

Routes like that really aren't for older couriers, there a couple routes in my building that leave with 100 p2 daily and are done by 4:30. But do you really want to bust your ass 5 days a week doing over 100 stops and pick ups

MAKAVELI

Routes like that really aren't for older couriers, there a couple routes in my building that leave with 100 p2 daily and are done by 4:30. But do you really want to bust your ass 5 days a week doing over 100 stops and pick ups
There are many drivers that I know that would love to be done by 4:30 everyday. More time with the Family, kids ball games, dinner with the family, etc.

Purplepackage

There are many drivers that I know that would love to be done by 4:30 everyday. More time with the Family, kids ball games, dinner with the family, etc.

I understand that but whenever I would cover those routes by Friday afternoon I was completely wiped out, some weeks I would feel completely drained everyday when I got home. It's all opinion though, I'd rather work a 4x10 on rural routes like I do now

59 Dano

But that can't be true. They say that the only way a new person can nuke a route's onroad goal is by falsifying. I've read it here. Lots of times! ;)

Last edited:

Cactus

You don't think a manager should put a little more effort into retaining good employees when he has the ability to do so? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?
I come from the real world where management doesn't recognize good employees. Sorry but not all stations are run like station 1. Come to think of, none of them are.

59 Dano

I come from the real world where management doesn't recognize good employees.

Would you like to rethink that to see how stupid and nonsensical it sounds, or do you want to stick with it?

Sorry but not all stations are run like station 1. Come to think of, none of them are.

With you being the expert on Station One...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But that can't be true. They say that the only way a new person can nuke a route's onroad goal is by falsifying. I've read it here. Lots of times! ;)

You've been significantly increasing your presence here, shill. That tells me Memphis is concerned and wants to tamp-down the uprising.

Good luck with that.

fatboy33

Old courier:22 years. New courier: 18 years. "New courier" as in new to the route. There was a long list of couriers bidding for that route. A new courier, as in years with the company, had no shot.

Cactus

Would you like to rethink that to see how stupid and nonsensical it sounds, or do you want to stick with it?
Oh yeah I'm sure all managers are very concerned about keeping and grooming seasoned couriers. I think you're the one sounding stupid (as usual.) All management cares about is reports and keeping the district off their backs.

Makes perfect sense in light of the fact that turnover is at an epic high.

59 Dano

You've been significantly increasing your presence here, shill. That tells me Memphis is concerned and wants to tamp-down the uprising.

Good luck with that.

You never did get back to me on which reports management has been falsifying and how they go about falsifying them.

I've said it a million times: if the goings on here are representative of any potential uprising, Memphis would order lots of popcorn. For years, you've been alluding to an uprising. By now, you're the only one who still believes. Enjoy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dano is right. You can't be fired for being a slow, unproductive courier. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Sure you can, except it won't be for low production....they'll find something else. The new and improved FedEx is full of low-performance Ground-type losers anyway, so they're not going to get the 15 SPH they used to get out of a professional courier. They're starting to figure out that the 8-9 SPH that they do get out of a DRA drone isn't going to improve to the 15-level.

Low quality hires and no incentive=low productivity.