Outside Brown

Alleycar

Hey All,

I know I have not posted much, but I just wanted to share this with all of you. Another driver in my center is losing his mother to cancer as the days pass. The hospital bed has been put in her home and they are just waiting for the end. I have been dealing with my father's recent diagnosis of Leukemia and battle for his life also. So, please, add an extra "Hail Mary" for those of us up North =) Thank you

Alley

P.S.- I couldn't help the smiley, you guys are great=)

upssup

Lost my wife to cancer 10 years ago. I know what you are going through. hang in there, make the best of the day and do the same with tomorrow. You will get through it.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Hey All,

I know I have not posted much, but I just wanted to share this with all of you. Another driver in my center is losing his mother to cancer as the days pass. The hospital bed has been put in her home and they are just waiting for the end. I have been dealing with my father's recent diagnosis of Leukemia and battle for his life also. So, please, add an extra "Hail Mary" for those of us up North =) Thank you

Alley

P.S.- I couldn't help the smiley, you guys are great=)

Alley

Where in Northern Wisconsin?

Crandon, Armstong, Goodman Area? Along Hwy 8?

Blessings to your coworker's family and your father.
I am glad to learn Home Hospice care is available in the north; I am sad it is needed.

Cherish your Dad.
Take him to Lambeau.
God, Ray, Reggie, Paul, Curly and Vince all hang there on Sunday; watching the game from the best seats in Heaven.:happy-very:

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Lost my wife to cancer 10 years ago. I know what you are going through. hang in there, make the best of the day and do the same with tomorrow. You will get through it.
upssup

Hard loss.
Prayers for you and your late wife.

Great advice.

AJ

Alleycar

I am way up north, on the shore of lake superior =)

Alley

P.S.- Have not heard anything about my coworker's mom yet, and my dad just finished his first round of a new chemo

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I think its great when they spend their final moments at home surrounded by family and friends. That's they way I'd want to go instead of a Hospital room full of Nurses who see death as routine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think its great when they spend their final moments at home surrounded by family and friends. That's they way I'd want to go instead of a Hospital room full of Nurses who see death as routine.

I agree with your first sentence completely but I have to give you the flip side of your second sentence. My ex-wife is an RN and part of their ability to deal with death is to make it routine. I can recall the first time she had a patient die--it took her quite a while to get over that as she had made the mistake of becoming attached to that patient. So, although they may seem cold and death is routine, there is a reason for that. A nurse who is unable to separate herself will never make it as a nurse. Death is part of the job.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Blackbox

You just hit my heart.
My father passed at home last year.
It is probably the greatest gift we could give my father.

Hospice care.
The Hospice staff is professional and compassionate.
Hospice care is available for all incomes.
Medicare covers the service.
These professional men and women, provide pastoral care, nursing care and to a larger extent, supportive care for the family that is watching their loved one leave on their own terms.

And I can tell you that my United Way Dollars went to the TriCounty United Way in Forest / Florence County (Wisconsin) earmarked for Hospice Care and to the Aurora Visting Nurses Hospice Care in Milwaukee County.

Please refrain from flaming me. :anxious:
This end of life care made a big difference in my life.:sad-little:
I can only hope that my contribution makes a difference in other lifes too.:happy2:

fethrs

I can't see how you will get flamed for being a loving, compassionate person and contributing to the cause you believe in.

That's your choice and no one has the right to take that away from you.

It sounds like a great cause and help in your time of need with your dad.
I am glad you mentioned it, I will keep it in mind if I ever need it for one of my parents.

Thank you Aj.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Alley

Where in Northern Wisconsin?

Crandon, Armstong, Goodman Area? Along Hwy 8?

Blessings to your coworker's family and your father.
I am glad to learn Home Hospice care is available in the north; I am sad it is needed.

Cherish your Dad.
Take him to Lambeau.
God, Ray, Reggie, Paul, Curly and Vince all hang there on Sunday; watching the game from the best seats in Heaven.:happy-very:

I was at the game at Lambeau on Sunday. It just happened to be alumni day. The Golden Boy (Paul Hornung) appears to be alive and kickin.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
It did come off different than I expected. Nurses are so under appreciated as are doctors. i had an Uncle who went through this very scenario and had inoperable cancer (lung). One of the last things he said to me was "Can I have a cigarette?". When my Aunt heard about this she said....."as many as he wants".

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Blackbox

You just hit my heart.
My father passed at home last year.
It is probably the greatest gift we could give my father.
:happy2:

Your father would want you to live the life you've made for yourself. He's looking down at you and never far from your side. I'll light a candle for him tonight.