outside hire question

littlelady

If an (outside hire) fails their training does the position then go to the next eligible outside hire or to the teamsters?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Years ago when i was a part timer we had an off the street hire who quit,and we expected the position to be then filled from the inside. The center manager said he would go thru as many people as needed until he found an off-the-street that would stick with it. I grieved and lost. Keep in mind this was in 1985 so things may have changed since then.

yeaalabama1212

To my knowledge, it would still go to an outside hire. That's how I became a driver. The outside hire prior to me was disqualified so I applied for the position.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To my knowledge, it would still go to an outside hire. That's how I became a driver. The outside hire prior to me was disqualified so I applied for the position.

Just curious, have you ever felt that you were less of a driver because you didn't "earn" your position by coming up through the PT ranks?

menotyou

bella amicizia
For someone who travels this site, making sure everyone and their brother hears you saying my opinion doesn't matter or affect you, you certainly ARE affected by what I say. Things that make you go,"Hmmmmm..........".
:rofl:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get over yourself. I was simply asking a fellow outside hire what he thought about your assertion that we are "less of an employee/driver" because we didn't come up through the ranks.

I will make this easy for you---you do not have to know how to load them to deliver them.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had a few outside hires not make seniority, they were all eventually filled with outsiders that did make it. Once they made seniority and quit, the job was filled by insiders. At my center, outsiders have the highest turnover rate.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't think I will be less of a driver. I put some time in. And if the job is available it seems fair enough to me.
I meant no offense. Someone wanted to know why I wasn't filing grievances because they were not hiring from the outside. It went downhill from there.
I do believe you have a better grasp on how everything works when you are the one sweating at 4am.