Outside hire question.

JimmyZ

I started UPS 4 months ago and now I'm a full time driver. My center will be adding 2 more drivers this fall. My question is will I lose my driver seniority to inside workers who have been working for UPS longer than me?

oldngray

nowhere special
FT seniority is what counts. If they have more PT seniority that only counts towards number of vacation weeks and years of service towards retirement.

By The Book

I started UPS 4 months ago and now I'm a full time driver. My center will be adding 2 more drivers this fall. My question is will I lose my driver seniority to inside workers who have been working for UPS longer than me?
No, unless they hired you out of order. Ups has a ratio of so many inside hires to outside hires. They should now go back and hire from the inside. If your center runs out of qualified people(part time) they will have to break the ratio and hire from outside.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Neither what PT or oldngray said applied in my situation. I was PT, and I'm over every full timer that came/comes in behind me. Feeder and full time seniority are two different things. Now I could be wrong but this is how it was for me. This applies for the outside hires as well. We go off when you get driving seniority.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No-----that is the beauty of being an outside hire.

Resident know-it-all.

1000RR

Depends on your local and if you are talking layoff. Here if you were hired last week as a FT driver and got laid off you CANNOT bump me ( Been here 8 years PT). Now as far as someone from the inside with more company seniority going into driving after you, then yes you will have more FT seniority.