outside service providers in th UK

britbrown

Has anybody heard anything Good/bad about OSP'S in the U.K.
They were all set up at the back end of 2007 and start of 2008.

Rumours abound about why they went down this route in the UK.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

david cassin

dublinbrown
i work in ireland and we have some subbies as we call them who deliver some of our pkgs .we have had them for a good number of years they work well..can you tell me off hand what holiday entitlements you have in the uk.i heard the uk got some extra this year..
cheers

david:happy-very:

CBUK

An OSP is not the same as a subbie.

OSP drivers work for a logistics firm under contract to UPS. They wear the same uniform and do the same job. Some centres in the U.K operate with some OSP drivers and some UPS employees.

Rumours were bouncing around when they first started that they were a complete shambles and I heard that the firm that runs the OSP's was paying out £100,000 per week on timed delivery fails and NDAs.

I've also heard that after time they are out performing the UPS drivers on service. I don't know what the future plans may be. We have no OSP drivers at my centre but my round borders with Northampton which is an ex Lynx site that runs 50% OSP.

I beleive UPS Germany has 50% OSP drivers throughout the country. What worries me is that they earn less than us full time UPS employees. It doesn't give the Union much to work on when negotiating for our wages.

They weren't very good at that anyway!

UPS_UK

Brown Brown & more Brown
Hit and miss out of Reading Depot. Some can be good and some are not.

They are more flexable than the normal UPS operations though, they ar etighter that a ducks @rse, but teh OSP's will always try and help out but are a pain in the bum!

CBUK

OSP. Outside Service Provider.

OSP drivers work for a logistics firm under contract to UPS. They wear the same uniform and do the same job. Some centres in the U.K operate with some OSP drivers and some UPS employees.