Over 9.5

Borderline 9.5

Heck
You Guys over in package have it made, on the Freight side where I am at the city guys put in 55 to 60 hrs a week and around 300 plus miles a day.
I told the B.A. we should file on safety, his reply "you are not running illegal"
On friday my ass is worn out!

How many stops per day would that be?

brownieboy

Heck
You Guys over in package have it made, on the Freight side where I am at the city guys put in 55 to 60 hrs a week and around 300 plus miles a day.
I told the B.A. we should file on safety, his reply "you are not running illegal"
On friday my ass is worn out!
155(300+ pkgs) stops 229 miles and 24 pickup stops

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't more miles = less physical work?

Yeah--they're called "country runs" or "retirement runs".

Yesterday I had 99 stops and 280 pkgs on my own area and was done delivering by 1330. I found another driver and took 20 stops of "my work" back. Ended up with 119 stops, 305 pkgs, 60 miles, and 28 pickup stops and was sitting at the mall waiting to close out my 1800 drop box at 1750. This will be a 9 hour dispatch.

Some of these boasters have menotyou syndrome--"Anything you can do I can do better"--but the numbers simply don't add up.

Borderline 9.5

Yeah--they're called "country runs" or "retirement runs".

Yesterday I had 99 stops and 280 pkgs on my own area and was done delivering by 1330. I found another driver and took 20 stops of "my work" back. Ended up with 119 stops, 305 pkgs, 60 miles, and 28 pickup stops and was sitting at the mall waiting to close out my 1800 drop box at 1750. This will be a 9 hour dispatch.

Some of these boasters have menotyou syndrome--"Anything you can do I can do better"--but the numbers simply don't add up.

If those numbers were in my center it would be under eight hours work. Hard to believe it took you 4.5 hours to do 20 stops and 28 pick ups, even if you threw in your hour lunch. Now if you had more miles to go with it I could buy it but your numbers don't add up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If those numbers were in my center it would be under eight hours work. Hard to believe it took you 4.5 hours to do 20 stops and 28 pick ups, even if you threw in your hour lunch. Now if you had more miles to go with it I could buy it but your numbers don't add up.

<snicker> Perhaps you should go back and read the post you quoted.

Omega man

Many drivers bring it on themselves by cutting corners to get in. UPS only sees that it gets done and, in many cases, just gives you more.
Do the job "by the book" and take your lunch as your contract requires and UPS won't be able to put that much work on you. UPS is up against operational curfews like getting pickup pieces back timely which will force them to dispatch you properly.

brownieboy

They tell us to skip rural deliveries, get back to pick up metro stops, drop NDA off at the building and drive 35 miles back to deliver routes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I talked to a driver Friday morning. said he had 230 stops. I said I have 90 and I'm aggravated. I came in at 6 and so did he. Depends on the route.

CAFAL

You are not looking at the big picture. It depends on the centers volume,how many routes that are being run and stops per car. Sounds like a pretty decent route

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I took my lunch from 1330 to 1415. I then did 9 pickups before meeting the other driver at around 1500. We spent about 5 minutes transferring the work which then took me 45 minutes to deliver. I then completed the rest of my pickups, fueled the vehicle and was at the mall at 1750 for my 1800 dropbox.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh believe some of the hours some of us put in I had somewhere around 42 hours last week in 4 days. It wasn't hard money but still long days had one day with almost 80 stops and 300 miles. Just the type of route I like but some people don't like getting all dusty then sweating and having it turn to mud on u.

reign77

Your agent wants u to file to make 9.5 s an issue for next contract. I would recommend to skip the papaerwork , bank the extra cash and enjoy the extra money while u still can. It wont last forever with the current global crisis .

Buck Fifty

Your agent wants u to file to make 9.5 s an issue for next contract. I would recommend to skip the papaerwork , bank the extra cash and enjoy the extra money while u still can. It wont last forever with the current global crisis .

Yes it will.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I fear that FedEx will continue to stabilize their ground operation and exploit the advantages they have in cost over UPS and take massive amounts of work. if that happens, I fear we may lose our abundance of overtime, and maybe more.

bbsam

Staff member
I fear that FedEx will continue to stabilize their ground operation and exploit the advantages they have in cost over UPS and take massive amounts of work. if that happens, I fear we may lose our abundance of overtime, and maybe more.
Hell yes, we will.:wink2:

Logb17

We won't lose overtime until we lose a good chunk of our bene's. Its cheaper for UPS to work you 9.5 hours a day, then hire 5 more drivers to give everyone 8 hour days. If we had no benefits, we would have no overtime. UPS doesn't have to pay into our pension for OT.

Lets say in one area there are 5 drivers with benefits all making 100k a year, thats 500,000. In order to get that area down to 8 hours, they will need to hire another driver, which drops everyone to 90k a year, which is 540,000 a year UPS pays. Obviously not exact, but why we have to work 9+ a day.

A sup once told me 9.2 hour days in the money spot.

I personally don't mind work 45 hours a week. More then that, I feel like my life is UPS. I average 47-48