Over allowed

tieguy

Banned
Tie i tried being nice in telling you that we see that you have been stressed out and acting like an :censored2: for some time now. Either your getting your :censored2: chewed daily or yopu just got another promotion and your head is near exploding.

Eh Red I think your paranoid delusions affect your ability to communicate properly. In fact I have always been the way I have. Outspoken and opinionated. You however are fine with me as long as I serve you snowcones with lots of sugery flavoring. God help me if I ask you a hard question at which point you accuse me of changing my personality and getting my but kicked. a good example was the labor board question "how do you know the mob is no longer raiding the pension" question. This simply required your listing whatever controls the pension plans have put in to minimize the mobs ability to raid the pension plans. Instead you hemmed and hawwed and talked about everything but the right answers until anonomous john finally tried to help you with the answer.

In that other thread i did tell someone to file for a sup working. Were in the contract does it say that you (sup) can work when someone calls in?

Here again the communication issue. The poster clearly stated the reason for the sup working. Do you understand what ABSENT NO CALL NO SHOW means. Do you understand what it does to an operation. Do you understand anything about an operation. Most smart shop stewards would not file that grievance because they know the manager would fire the folks who caused the problem by being ABSENT NO CALL NO SHOW. In my case I would fire them and then tell them to thank you for losing their jobs.

W

westsideworma

There is no such thing as a completely screwed route. Just a driver with a completely screwed attitude.

Hmm I'd call 430+ pcs nearly everyday pretty screwed buddy, I don't know about you

if that driver had a screwed atittude he would have quit a while ago. You sound like one of our on-car supes, you up for promotion?

area43

Tie, your hilarious, Dude!! Ill give you your props, your one tuff son of gun. Not to blow sunshine up your whole, but you keep the bc cite interesting. This thread could have died out a long time a go if it werent for you. Keep posting. ( ;

Anyhow, back on subject. Being objective. From a companys stand point(Iam a driver,19 1/2 years, 2 1/2 yrs pt loader, 22 yrs total), Tie, has a good point. The more UPS forks over every august, the more their going to tighten the knosse. Lets be realistic here folks. Side note, If it were up to me, and I would believe most would agree, that I would take a little less in August, in exchange for a little less pressure on production. I myself have no problem with my sups on my production. Im on a rural route and believe me folks, I have that thing dialed in Perfect. ( :

Now, for the UPS workers(hourly) side of things. This could take a while, where can I start first. Pas, is only as good as the loader, we all know what I mean here. Curious, It would be a good study(maybe its in the survey we take, I forget) nationally, what percentage of the loads are good or bad. example 60 % bad 40% good or viceversa. That equals alot of money. Another point, Tooner had a great point, We as drivers, a many of us that have been on the same route for sometime have maxed out its efficiencey, there just not a whole lot of wiggle room left,besides working doing our lunch,but lets not go there.. Each driver is different on how he or she handles the pressure from up top. Mgt, to be fair has a great deal of pressure from up top,too. Believe me folks I truley believe that most would be great friends if it werent for UPS, so please take that into account.

Again, I have alot more I would like to say on this issue , but Im not a big fan of big post(I think Ive been hanging around wkmac tooo long,LOL). Boy, have you seen some of that dudes posts, Great day,puts me to sleep. lol

Hmm I'd call 430+ pcs nearly everyday pretty screwed buddy, I don't know about you

if that driver had a screwed atittude he would have quit a while ago. You sound like one of our on-car supes, you up for promotion?

430 pcs with dock stops is much easier than 330 pcs with no dock stops. If you have 5-10 thirty to eighty piece stops. You are nearly empty by 9:30 of 10:00.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Tie i tried being nice in telling you that we see that you have been stressed out and acting like an :censored2: for some time now. Either your getting your :censored2: chewed daily or yopu just got another promotion and your head is near exploding.

Eh Red I think your paranoid delusions affect your ability to communicate properly. In fact I have always been the way I have. Outspoken and opinionated. You however are fine with me as long as I serve you snowcones with lots of sugery flavoring. God help me if I ask you a hard question at which point you accuse me of changing my personality and getting my but kicked. a good example was the labor board question "how do you know the mob is no longer raiding the pension" question. This simply required your listing whatever controls the pension plans have put in to minimize the mobs ability to raid the pension plans. Instead you hemmed and hawwed and talked about everything but the right answers until anonomous john finally tried to help you with the answer.

In that other thread i did tell someone to file for a sup working. Were in the contract does it say that you (sup) can work when someone calls in?

Here again the communication issue. The poster clearly stated the reason for the sup working. Do you understand what ABSENT NO CALL NO SHOW means. Do you understand what it does to an operation. Do you understand anything about an operation. Most smart shop stewards would not file that grievance because they know the manager would fire the folks who caused the problem by being ABSENT NO CALL NO SHOW. In my case I would fire them and then tell them to thank you for losing their jobs.
Tie show me in the contract where you could fire someone for 1 ncns, you cant! Tie show me in the contract where it states that you a sup can work, it doesnt! Tie your stewards are not doing theiir job if they over look it to keep the employee from getting in trouble. Its my job to enforce the contract, but its not my job to make sure these employees come to work and on time, that is up to them and with the corrective behavior counseling they either clean it up or they are gone, but i will not over look the contract because of it. If you start making side deals where will it stop? If you would ever like to challenge yourself in your management contract skills transfer to anywhere in chicago and in no time i promise you, you will know the contract inside and out!

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Hey, tie guy, I'm kinda new to this board, and I was wondering about your experience with UPS and how long it has been since you drove a pkg car. I know that down here in south Fla. it's real hard to get a fat, out-of-shape sup with very little actual driving experience to come out on the road with a driver for a full day. But judging by your posts, I bet you could do it, you seem to have plenty of wind.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
thanks for the correction loserPUSer . You guys all act like you just started with this company yesterday. You guys all act like you all of a sudden think you work for a company that will ask you to do less in august then you did 5 years ago. So everytime someone makes a post where they cry because they just discovered that UPS now expects him to do more then he did 5 years ago you curmudgeons do the old ups can't hold you accountable for production numbers song and dance. So this guy now thinks his UPS is doing something unusual. So he'll go back and have a miserable time at work getting his but kicked for being a lazy slug because he based on what you guys told him now thinks his boss is asking something unusual. You'd do him a hell of a lot more good if you reminded him that he works for UPS and that we only expect more not less.
Hey, tie guy, when were you on a pkg car last? I wish you were here in South Fla. because you seem to have all the answers. I wonder why you aren't a driver. I guess those who can do, and those who can't jump into mgmt.

W

westsideworma

430 pcs with dock stops is much easier than 330 pcs with no dock stops. If you have 5-10 thirty to eighty piece stops. You are nearly empty by 9:30 of 10:00.

I don't know why I even try, you've clearly got the answer for everything :lol:

Hate to inform you but no its not just 5-10 80 piece stops...plenty of resi's and smaller commercial stops as well. I have no idea if they have docks or not, I know his biggest (150+ pieces daily) doesn't (he told me so). Its all two wheeling. I can bring in the whole report for you and you can evaluate if its a good route or not, but judging from what you're sending, there are no bad routes :wink:

tieguy

Banned
Tie show me in the contract where you could fire someone for 1 ncns, you cant! Tie show me in the contract where it states that you a sup can work, it doesnt! Tie your stewards are not doing theiir job if they over look it to keep the employee from getting in trouble.

I guess it all depends on where your heart is. In your case I guess the intrest of the union is more important to you then saving that guys job.

Its my job to enforce the contract, but its not my job to make sure these employees come to work and on time, that is up to them and with the corrective behavior counseling they either clean it up or they are gone, but i will not over look the contract because of it. If you start making side deals where will it stop? If you would ever like to challenge yourself in your management contract skills transfer to anywhere in chicago and in no time i promise you, you will know the contract inside and out!

its real simple. Your teamster violated the contract when he failed to pick up the phone and give us our contractually required hour notice of his absenteeism. Therefore your guy violated the contract and forced my sup to have to work to cover his split. Your grievance is no good and would not carry any wieght. You would be pretty stupid to even attempt to file it. The fact that you put the interest of the union over saving that schumucks job tells me you would be the last guy I would ever want representing me in a labor hearing. You sure you know what you're doing as a shop steward or are you just trying to be hard headed because you're arguing with management?

tieguy

Banned
Tie, your hilarious, Dude!! Ill give you your props, your one tuff son of gun. Not to blow sunshine up your whole, but you keep the bc cite interesting. This thread could have died out a long time a go if it werent for you. Keep posting. ( ;

Thanks Area43
But thats not my primary operating style and I would in all honesty prefer to get the job done through cooperation rather then confrontation.

705red

Browncafe Steward
its real simple. Your teamster violated the contract when he failed to pick up the phone and give us our contractually required hour notice of his absenteeism. Therefore your guy violated the contract and forced my sup to have to work to cover his split. Your grievance is no good and would not carry any wieght. You would be pretty stupid to even attempt to file it. The fact that you put the interest of the union over saving that schumucks job tells me you would be the last guy I would ever want representing me in a labor hearing. You sure you know what you're doing as a shop steward or are you just trying to be hard headed because you're arguing with management?
So my guy violated the contract so you violate it 2 times by having your sup work and not using the double shift list or calling in a driver early to perform the work. You must have some real generous stewards by you, that will not and does not fly here! Sups will not load cars, unload cars, deliver packages and if they do we will get paid. Now if you want to follow the procedures per the contract, you give a verbal, then a written, then a n.o.s then a n.o.t it takes more than 10 occurances to fire somone for attendance and you know it. So your the one blowing this up by attempting to throw your nazi management tactics around like your never lost to the union. Why cant you just admit that the management team mis handled it by not covering the work with a union member and then by telling westside that he was overallowed, instead they should have shaken his hand said great job today and thanks for stepping it up and helping. Why because it doesnt look good on paper thats why tie. Everything is always the hourlies fault and management never takes responsibility for making mistakes!

705red

Browncafe Steward

Thanks Area43
But thats not my primary operating style and I would in all honesty prefer to get the job done through cooperation rather then confrontation.
Even if it violates the contract, dot, osha? Just as long as we do it your way right tie? Thats the only way you know it, the almighty tie way or no way.

tieguy

Banned
Hate to inform you but no its not just 5-10 80 piece stops...plenty of resi's and smaller commercial stops as well. :wink:

Resi's are where you can really clean up. If they are fairly tight and you run them right you can easily knock out 30 resi's an hour.

West if I can . I think this whole issue in general is actually similar to the concept of working out . Some people enjoy and do very well at working out regularly. Other do it because they know they have to but hate it and find great difficulty in getting motivated to do so every day. If you can keep yourself motivated to perform at your best then you can always find a better way to run the route and bring it in. How well you do in delivery depends on Your organizational skills and your physical skills. This guy covering as many routes as he has has obviously mastered both skills. Covering that many routes the challenges that one route might have has lost some of its zing. I'm sure he'd tell you that he has routes that he dislikes more then others.

tieguy

Banned
Even if it violates the contract, dot, osha? Just as long as we do it your way right tie? Thats the only way you know it, the almighty tie way or no way.

No Red in the real world where I live we don't talk about purple dragons and fairy tales. In your world you think you have been ordained to hold our employers accountable regardless of the circumstances.

A good shop steward in this case would not file the grievance for supervisors working because his brothers violated the contract by not picking up the phone.

A good shop steward would pull those ANC's to the side and kick their ass for doing such a ****ty job of representing teamster labor. And he would tell them they can not be saved if they keep missing time and especially if they do not call.

I don't hear any of this coming from you Red . Are you a good shop steward?

tieguy

Banned
So my guy violated the contract so you violate it 2 times by having your sup work and not using the double shift list or calling in a driver early to perform the work. You must have some real generous stewards by you, that will not and does not fly here!

Ok so you're telling me you are not responsble for your people violating the contact and causing me to voilate the contact. Ok. Sounds like we need to pull work out of chicago until you guys get your heads on straight.

Sups will not load cars, unload cars, deliver packages and if they do we will get paid. Now if you want to follow the procedures per the contract, you give a verbal, then a written, then a n.o.s then a n.o.t it takes more than 10 occurances to fire somone for attendance and you know it. So your the one blowing this up by attempting to throw your nazi management tactics around like your never lost to the union.

I'll take that as a compliment from a nazi union thug like yourself. If you don't understand that your guy violating the contract caused my guy to violate the contract then I can not help you.

Why cant you just admit that the management team mis handled it by not covering the work with a union member and then by telling westside that he was overallowed, instead they should have shaken his hand said great job today and thanks for stepping it up and helping. Why because it doesnt look good on paper thats why tie. Everything is always the hourlies fault and management never takes responsibility for making mistakes!

Yes you are right Red the hourly not picking up the phone and not calling us to say he is not coming to work is always and I mean always the hourlys fault. And yet you think you should grieve the end result of your guy not picking up the phone. too much purple kool aid there Red.

705red

Browncafe Steward
No Red in the real world where I live we don't talk about purple dragons and fairy tales. In your world you think you have been ordained to hold our employers accountable regardless of the circumstances.

A good shop steward in this case would not file the grievance for supervisors working because his brothers violated the contract by not picking up the phone.

A good shop steward would pull those ANC's to the side and kick their ass for doing such a ****ty job of representing teamster labor. And he would tell them they can not be saved if they keep missing time and especially if they do not call.

I don't hear any of this coming from you Red . Are you a good shop steward?
WOW Im glad that you dont train our shop stewards! Thats the typical response from ups on how they want us to do our jobs as stewards! Thank god we are trained here in chicago by proven union leaders and teachers from the university of depaul and university of wisconsin on contract enforcement.

When we talk to the union hourlies its non of your concern what we say or how we talk to them, thats our decision! Remember when we are acting as stewards we do not work for you an are your equals!

If your criteria is for a good ups steward than hell no im not a good ups steward! But im considered as a pretty good UNION steward!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yes you are right Red the hourly not picking up the phone and not calling us to say he is not coming to work is always and I mean always the hourlys fault. And yet you think you should grieve the end result of your guy not picking up the phone. too much purple kool aid there Red.
So you are going to tell me that you dont for see any call ins at all and are you under staffed in case of this? How is that a union issue if you fail to staff a sufficient work force tie? I dont drink kool-aid tie i drink capri sun!

Tie you bleed brown a little more than the normal manager! Believe it or not managers will tell me how screwed up things are but you will never admit it tie! Why tie? Waiting on that big promotion?

If ups ever pulled out of chicago the service would go to hell and you know it tie! Call some of your buddies here and ask them if im lieing about how we operate, then tell them you can fix us! Tie guy come on down!

lost

Well, I will bite in on this one, When we have people NCNS, and we do use the double shifter call list nobody will get out of bed and come to work!!! Our drivers sure don't want to load then go drive!!! Bottom line is the hourlys NEED to bring their a$$e$ to work!!!!

brownman15

no where in the contract does it say you have to call in 1 hr before your shift in are center you are supposed in anytime before start time. ya it is rude to call in 1 minute before start time but cannot be disciplined for it a ncns is not a fireable offense unless you have bad attendence.