over/under clicks and #?$@ (on topic)

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
2-3 seconds.

You really need to get over this whole time thing.
O.k. I will. When I first started I over-thought everything. I stopped over-thinking the job and things began to run a whole lot smoother. I just wanted to try and understand my overallowed this week because it didn't add up to me. 2 hours makes a huge difference when counting the IB and as I stated, if I'm back 2 hours earlier but still 28 clicks over then where does it add up?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
O.k. I will. When I first started I over-thought everything. I stopped over-thinking the job and things began to run a whole lot smoother. I just wanted to try and understand my overallowed this week because it didn't add up to me. 2 hours makes a huge difference when counting the IB and as I stated, if I'm back 2 hours earlier but still 28 clicks over then where does it add up?
I know you're new and it's frustrating but the numbers make zero sense at all. There are days and routes I work my ass off and feel like I kill it and show up an hour over.

Then there are routes I feel like I could jerk it all day and come in under.

AKCoverMan

Yes! They always say something ofcourse! I've been asked "What happened and why?" more times than not! I just don't get it!

When they ask you this, ask them to tell you why you are over. After all they have all the numbers, stop for stop. Tell them you would love to know how to be done x minutes earlier every day.

Seriously, they know you are new and will stress about trying to move ever faster to beat their insane moving target numbers. You have to establish the mind set that if you go out every day, take care of the customers, have no late and no missed, have no accidents or injuries that you are doing a great job no matter what they say. No one will give you that attaboy but yourself, that's just how it is at ups.

Oh, except for that very special attaboy that hits the bank account every Thursday night!

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
So finishing my picks at 17:15 and back in the Center by 17:45-18:00 and I have done a good day with my 152-153 regardless of theirs numbers. I should just go home knowing my job was well done and ignore the report.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thank you and are you being facetious? I think I am one of the few left who appreciates a person with good grammar. I'm often called a grammar nazi.
It shows.
Not being facetious.
Its not necessary on a forum but I coached my UPS reports over the years ... especially the ones with Engineering degrees.

d-rek357

I do as much as possible. This isn't a 9-5 and I get that. I do love this job and I even more - love the new Brothers I have in this family. I just want to make sure I'm not confusing the math and doing a :censored2:ty job according to their numbers!

Their numbers mean nothing IF you are qualified. As long as you are not getting bailed out by other drivers everyday you are not doing a :censored2:ty job. Hang in there and follow the methods. The longer you do this job the less you will question wether you are up to par or not, because either you will know your pretty good at the job or won't care as long as the check clears each week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes! They always say something ofcourse! I've been asked "What happened and why?" more times than not! I just don't get it!

You only have 29+ years left of being asked that every day so you may as well get used to it. Its just one of those jobs where according to them you NEVER do good enough.