over/under clicks and #?$@ (on topic)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
But I'm seriously trying to make book here. It's a HUGE let-down when I see the numbers and then when I think about it they don't add up one bit!
Youve already made book aka qualified. Now you need to slow the hell down and not worry about making bonus. Only screwing yourself out there running your balls off. They can go in there and make the numbers look any way they want. Thats what their probably doing to you right now. They know your going to go out there and run your nuttz off so you can bonus, thats why they changed how the numbers look on you so they can put more work on there. Their make believe numbers with no scientific data to back them up. Those numbers are made to work aginst the driver, plain and simple. The more you run your nuttz off the worse their going to screw you over son and put more work on you and screw you over on the numbers.

Dr.Brownz

It just doesn't make sense to me that I'm back to the building almost 2 hours earlier than I was on Monday (with Monday being 38 clicks over) and still be over on Thursday by 20 clicks!!! I thought it was 25 clicks = 15 minutes? Well to me If I'm back 2 hours earlier well that's -200 clicks!!!

Its because there numbers are bs

Photog already admitted it in the other thread

Coldworld

60 months and counting
2-3 seconds.

You really need to get over this whole time thing.
It's a corporation that is going to lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want.... Period. The numbers are the way they are to get you to go faster ...nothing less, nothing more. Everything is stacked against you every day and remember that in the end no matter if you had a say in something or not they will always blame you for it. ..sad and pathetic way to run a corporation afaic..if I can give you any advice it would be not to run and don't get hurt or get into a accident where there is a possibility where you or someone else gets seriously injured or dies just because you were rushing...keep calm, breathe and you WILL be fine... Trust me!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sorry. Im confusing qualified with Seniority. Either way that's not what this thread is about. I'm just trying to understand "their numbers".
You are operating under the false assumption that their numbers were intended to be fair and realistic in the first place.

They aren't.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

no.. He admitted to running those hot numbers back in the day... Something about having tight aerodynamic shorts on that cut through the wind like nobody's business... And don't get him started on what the "girls" down at the retirement home use to call him when he came in there all hot and sweaty with sweat glistening off his brow...heard they couldn't keep their hands off his clipboard "pouch"!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are operating under the false assumption that their numbers were intended to be fair and realistic in the first place.

They aren't.
BOOM...that's corporate speak for we don't have to play fair because we are a multinational business who doesn't care about its employees... Only about making money no matter how we cheat and lie to get it done and allowance falls well in line with the above statement

Catatonic

Nine Lives

No I did not!

The Numbers are not perfect.
They are accurate about 90%.
If one is in the 10% they are screwed ... the rest are just not getting the job done.
This not Lake Wobegone where everyone is above average ... at UPS 50% of the drivers are below average.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No I did not!

If one is in the 10% they are screwed ... the rest are just not getting the job done.
This not Lake Wobegone where everyone is above average ... at UPS 50% of the drivers are below average.
Thanks for that Garrison Keillor... I'm a little ashamed that I knew that...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

No I did not!

You dont have to keep re iterating your point that ups time standards are a fantasy that ups hopes for in an attempt to maximize profits! We get it the time standards are supposed to be impossible and as you pointed out they are changed every year to try and push the drivers to go faster and do unsafe things to increase ups' s profits which are at a proportional all time high relatibe to revenue. Good for you for being abe to think past all the ups brainwashing

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You dont have to keep re iterating your point that ups time standards are a fantasy that ups hopes for in an attempt to maximize profits! We get it the time standards are supposed to be impossible and as you pointed out they are changed every year to try and push the drivers to go faster and do unsafe things to increase ups' s profits which are at a proportional all time high relatibe to revenue. Good for you for being abe to think past all the ups brainwashing
You have got to be a Union Steward or BA
You don't know how to reply straightforward with out putting a deceitful twist on it.
Your replies are funny though ... I enjoy them.
Got a big laugh out of the last couple.

Dr.Brownz

You have got to be a Union Steward or BA
You don't know how to reply straightforward with out putting a deceitful twist on it.
Your replies are funny though ... I enjoy them.
Got a big laugh out of the last couple.

I agree management at ups has no idea how to manage; they teach those clowns phrases to say when faced with certain situations; they also try psycholgy 101 level psychological tricks; its a pathetic way to runa company; everytime management is faced with the truth they try to.laugh it off in an attempt.to make whoever is talking to them feel unsure about what they are saying though that attitude quickly changes when the meeting with the center manager or higher level manager happens

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can get your hand truck out, the over weight, unload it, place it on hand truck, transport it to delivery location, and unload it within 2-3 seconds over delivering a 2 lb box???

STUD
What are you taking about?

That's how much added time corporate gives you towards scratch.