Overall Decline of this Forum

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Upstate is hardly the whole problem ... there are many problem children on this site.
The amount of moderation was lower but the moderation rarely occurred to UpState.
The moderation occurred to all the other bullies on the site who consistently tried to run him off and badger him while not complying to the TOS when they did so.
I saw the ugly mob chasing the black kid down the street bent on a lynching.
Sometimes, you do not want to see the ugly side of humanity.
You know who you are ... please get help!

Nobody chases Dave, because they don't have to.
He's everywhere, in every forum and thread.
He reminds me of a kid from another street in my neighborhood when I was young who fashioned himself the mayor/police chief of an imaginary world that he called Puppytown.
He equipped his bicycle with lights and a siren and would make periodic trips down our street to patrol the area and give out tickets to my buddies and myself.
As you might expect, he was terrorized repeatedly and often in left tears vowing to never return.
Then low and behold, a day or two later, here he comes again with the same shtick.
Sometimes we even patronized him and let him chase us down and give us a ticket, but that seemed to bore him though.
I came to except that he enjoyed the abuse, as it must have somehow filled a void in his life.
So Hoax, you can continue to defend him like he's your bastard son, but we ain't buying it.
Make no mistake, this site is Dave's Puppytown.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
He reminds me of a kid from another street in my neighborhood when I was young who fashioned himself the mayor/police chief of an imaginary world that he called Puppytown.
He equipped his bicycle with lights and a siren and would make periodic trips down our street to patrol the area and give out tickets to my buddies and myself.
As you might expect, he was terrorized repeatedly and often left tears vowing to never return.
Then low and behold, a day or two later, here he comes again with the same shtick.
Sometimes we even patronized him and let him chase us down and give us a ticket, but that seemed to bore him though.
I came to except that he enjoyed the abuse, as it must have somehow filled a void in his life.
So Hoax, you can continue to defend him like he's your bastard son, but we ain't buying it.

I move that the magical land known as "The Bubble of Goodness" hereafter be officially changed to "Puppytown, NY".

Seconds?

Overpaid Union Thug

This board has been on the decline for years but it's still a good thing. It used to hav
Logged in this morning to see that the first thread was about a customer who opened the door totally naked. Last night there was the dispute involving Hoke, BB and I've. We have another (indecisive) member who has taken the level of sexual innuendo on this site to an all-time high. What used to be an enjoyable website is now becoming one in which I quickly read any unread posts and log off.

Do any of you feel the same in that the overall tone of this forum has clearly declined in the past few months?

I actually partially agree. It hasn't been just the past few months. It's been slowly happening for years. Those of us that have been around since the beginning can see it. There used to be less members and those that were coming here were a little more tactful in how they handled their arguments with others, which, were much less frequent then. It's still a good board but I find myself having to do much more filtering or "thread triage" when I open up the app on my phone or the site on my laptop. I remember not having to do that at all years ago.

I've noticed many have hinted at past sqaubbles they've had with you in their responses to this (and I can see their points of view on that cause I've witnessed many of them over the years) but to me that's not what has really been the reason for the decline here. The real reason for the decline is that the maturity level of the newer members, as well as some of the older ones, has dropped the overall level of the board's to an all time low. When I say maturity level I don't mean an increase in sexual references or dick and fart jokes. I'm talking about maturity in how people deal with others here. Many are lacking humility and respect for others' opinions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As you might expect, he was terrorized repeatedly and often in left tears vowing to never return.
Nice story and I can't argue with any of it except the part of "defend him".
He may be a bastard but he is not my son.
I do not defend Dave and the way he bullies people and is unnecessarily cruel and mean in his comments.
Instead of ignoring him and his unsavory posts (as I do), you all play his game like some ignorant little sluts.
I do not defend Dave but I do condemn the high-schoolish mob mentality displayed by the few that paly his game.
The difference is that Dave plays the game complying with the TOS.
His detractors do not seem to have the discipline or intelligence or couth (those can be inclusive or exclusive "or"s) to respond or react to him in compliance to the TOS.

I fear mob rule more than any individual.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I do not defend Dave and the way he bullies people and is unnecessarily cruel and mean in his comments.
Instead of ignoring him and his unsavory posts (as I do), you all play his game like some ignorant little sluts.
I do not defend Dave but I do condemn the high-schoolish mob mentality displayed by the few that paly his game.
His detractors do not seem to have the discipline or intelligence or couth (those can be inclusive or exclusive "or"s) to respond or react to him in compliance to the TOS.

I think I'm doing better as I learn the TOS, one violation at a time.

bbsam

Staff member
What I don't understand is why some people feel like they have to reply to EVERYTHING they disagree with. Personally, there's thousands of posts by alot of the more conservative folks here that I find ridiculous, short-sighted, and even stupid. I'm not going to change their minds though and most of the time don't bother engaging them. Everybody should probably realize by now that argument int the net is argument for arguments sake. I can't even imagine paying any attention to a kid on a bike with a siren except to think, what an annoying jack-wagon.

?
This board has been on the decline for years but it's still a good thing. It used to hav

I actually partially agree. It hasn't been just the past few months. It's been slowly happening for years. Those of us that have been around since the beginning can see it. There used to be less members and those that were coming here were a little more tactful in how they handled their arguments with others, which, were much less frequent then. It's still a good board but I find myself having to do much more filtering or "thread triage" when I open up the app on my phone or the site on my laptop. I remember not having to do that at all years ago.

I've noticed many have hinted at past sqaubbles they've had with you in their responses to this (and I can see their points of view on that cause I've witnessed many of them over the years) but to me that's not what has really been the reason for the decline here. The real reason for the decline is that the maturity level of the newer members, as well as some of the older ones, has dropped the overall level of the board's to an all time low. When I say maturity level I don't mean an increase in sexual references or dick and fart jokes. I'm talking about maturity in how people deal with others here. Many are lacking humility and respect for others' opinions.

I disagree. I see Dave as a major problem with this site. Others try or do correct their problems on this site. Case in point I will no longer drink and post on this forum. I became the second highest reped member this year doing this as well as helping others out with inspirational posts and union knowledge. I've chose to cut the one out that caused me and other conflict. Dave will never learn and will ALWAYS continue to do this as long as he's a member. He is in fact the most hated member of this forum and he loves it. He needs psychological counseling. He can't get this here.

You are old enough to be his bastard father?right???