Overboard Termination looking for advice

Whoa! They can only terminate you and send you out the door for cardinal infractions. Why are you off the job? Call your BA at his/her home
Whoa! They can only terminate you and send you out the door for cardinal infractions. Why are you off the job? Call your BA at his/her home right now!
I called him wednesday he told me that they're going to have a meeting about and he'll call me.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
He's right---you never should have walked on a moving belt.

Time served suspension.

You never did OP's job and somehow, you've the nerve offer input.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1443228597.157371.jpg

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Day 1------never walk on a moving belt.
Sir, I too, am familiar with the LEADS acronym.

You've never been on the sort aisle. Sorting a trailer AND a runout/missort belt.

You've never manned a pickoff tower.

You've never sorted a charge aisle.

You've never unloaded/loaded a package car/trailer.

See where I'm going? You've never experienced life at brown in the same manner, OP has.

You've never been put in the same corner OP has. Somehow, here you are. Seriously...

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1443229315.531722.jpg

UPSGUY72

Hi I've been working at a ups hub for 7 years with 0 incidents as a loader last Friday I was a bit stressed from the work week, and I saw that the volume was picking up and the high picks were rushing around. We were all tired from the weeks workload so I thought I could help out by letting them get through that flow by getting on my belt without telling them to shut it off, the jam was small and I walked about 2 feet to break it, I grabbed the safety rail once it was broken and all was good 5mins later my full time sup calls me down and there's this guy I've never met shaking my hand asking me how long have I worked here I told him 7 years I heard him mumble something I blew it off and went back to my truck to finish loading, again my full time sup called me out to go to an office this guy was sitting there I sat down to see what was going on and he started talking about how I surfed the belt apparently, then added about a 0 tolerance safety infraction which was news to me and terminated me on the spot I filed a grievance but I've been gone for a week now the union guys haven't called me back like they said, and I want to get back to work has this ever happened to you guys?

5 keys to preventing slips/ falls

Walk at a brisk pace/ don't run

#2 Establish firm footing- maintain your balance

#3 Don't walk on moving conveyor rollers, chutes, and slide

#4 Look before stepping

#5 Make adjustments based on changing conditions

Which part Don't you get...

Last edited:
5 keys to preventing slips/ falls

Walk at a brisk pace/ don't run

#2 Establish firm footing- maintain your balance

#3 Don't walk on moving conveyor rollers, chutes, and slide

#4 Look before stepping

#5 Make adjustments based on changing conditions

Which part of Don't you get...
I know about leads it was just a quick run and I was done I should've went with my gut and yelled out for the lower belt to be shut off but I was just off my game that day I agree with you.