Overgoods / Lost package help -- $250 REWARD, NO BULL

jimmyjl

Hey guys, long story short I had a friend buy some equipment and ship it to me from out of state, and it got lost on the way. No insurance was purchased, and it cost me $1700... I've been getting the run around on the 800 number, and no one can seem to find the package. Tracers have been opened, and re-opened, etc. Been about a month, and still hasn't been found.

It's not a very common item, and someone walking around should litterally be able to spot it. It was shipped from California to Colorado, and was lost in Sacramento, CA... I was told it would go to overgoods in Salt Lake. Funny thing is it was actually packaged and shipped by a UPS Store :)

Anyway, if anyone on here has connections to the West Sacramento hub or the overgoods center in Salt Lake City, and wants to do some investigation and try to help me out, I am offering a $250 reward to whoever finds my package. and this is NO BULL:censored2: I swear on my mother's life I will mail a check immediately to anyone who finds my package.

Please email me if you want to try to help and I'll get you the info. For god sakes is Christmas, please someone help!

Thank you!

clarnzz

This is unique! I don't blame ya for trying, it amazes me how people get the run around for days from our 1800 number customer service and I can help them in less than 5 minutes with one phone call. You probably won't have much luck though since it's been about a month. Usually the first day or two after it's missing is your only hope. Good luck!

jimmyjl

Well I started the investigation (tracer) only a few days after it was lost, and that didn't help... if you think you can help, please email. $250 would be a nice christmas gift :)

UPSSOCKS

Well I started the investigation (tracer) only a few days after it was lost, and that didn't help... if you think you can help, please email. $250 would be a nice christmas gift :)

I will help. What was the tracking number? The $250 isn't necessary, it's our job to find the package.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will help. What was the tracking number? The $250 isn't necessary, it's our job to find the package.

+1

It is a sad commentary on the state of our customer service department when a customer has to resort to offering a reward on Brown Cafe in order to retrieve items that UPS lost.

texan

Please post the tracking number. I agree, do not want 250.00, just the tracking number.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The insurance is $.35/$100 after the first $100 so had the OP spent an extra $5.60 he would have been compensated for his loss. All he is entitled to now is the automatic $100.

barnyard

KTM rider
That right there was funny, I don't care who you are!!!

I can hear the customer service people telling our customers that!

You have to be smoking on a pipe when you say it though.

On a related note, kind of,

Why did the OP not have the package insured????

Seriously.

$1700, very rare, maybe close to one-of-a-kind. WTF

I really want to understand your line of thinking when you said, "No I don't need insurance for my expensive, hard to find thing."

Re-Raise

I can look into it, but I am probably going to need an advance on part of the reward money.... you know... for investigation expenses.