Overgoods / Lost package help -- $250 REWARD, NO BULL

UPSGUY72

You have to be smoking on a pipe when you say it though.

On a related note, kind of,

Why did the OP not have the package insured????

Seriously.

$1700, very rare, maybe close to one-of-a-kind. WTF

I really want to understand your line of thinking when you said, "No I don't need insurance for my expensive, hard to find thing."

Penny wise dollar stupid

jimmyjl

Hey guys, i've had a few offer to help and I really appreciate it. If anyone else wants to help, please email me and i'll send the tracking.

I live in Colorado and had a friend in California buy something for me and drop it off at a UPS store for packing and shipping. Unfortunately I should have told them to make sure to get insurance, but I didn't. So yes, all I am entitled to is $100. But the package got about 100 miles from the UPS store and then no updates since it was checked into Sacramento Hub. So that is why I am hoping someone will help.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

UPSSOCKS

The insurance is $.35/$100 after the first $100 so had the OP spent an extra $5.60 he would have been compensated for his loss. All he is entitled to now is the automatic $100.

Are you really looking for a way to blame this on the customer? If the package is indeed "one of a kind" then the insurance money would just ease the pain.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you really looking for a way to blame this on the customer? If the package is indeed "one of a kind" then the insurance money would just ease the pain.

I am the type of person who likes to care of his own business and part of that would have been purchasing the appropriate amount of insurance.

RedThunder

Actually, If it's a "one of a kind" UPS won't pay the claim even if you paid the insurance for the full amount $1700. Gotta read the fine print. Neither will FedEx.

barnyard

KTM rider
Actually, If it's a "one of a kind" UPS won't pay the claim even if you paid the insurance for the full amount $1700. Gotta read the fine print. Neither will FedEx.

(in the voice of Johnny Carson) I, I did not know that.

I would have thought that if a person had a receipt showing what was paid for an item, that it could be insured for that amount. I knew that you could not insure something used for the new replacement value, I knew that did not fly.

jimmyjl

Here is the tracking number if anyone thinks they might be able to help. Still no luck locating. Merry Christmas to all.

1Z826E6F0313675780

UPSGUY72

Here is the tracking number if anyone thinks they might be able to help. Still no luck locating. Merry Christmas to all.

1Z826E6F0313675780

They issued a claim the shipper is getting $100 you can kiss the package goodbye if it's found UPS owns it.

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

I am the type of person who likes to care of his own business and part of that would have been purchasing the appropriate amount of insurance.

Judging by your posts on here you seem like the kind of person that needs someone to handle their business for them. On top of someone else handling your business it seems that you also need someone to instruct you in every step of your day. It's probably an employee much like yourself that is the root cause of the mishandling of the package in question.

UPSSOCKS

1Z826E6F0313675780

Need a description of what was in the package. Even with the claim being issued you might have a chance. The claim doesn't always mean "the end"

texan

Need a description of what was in the package. Even with the claim being issued you might have a chance. The claim doesn't always mean "the end"
UPSSOCKS is 100 percent correct sir. We also need a very accurate description of the package and it contents.
I see by Google search of your email that you sell medical equipment on EBAY. Nothing wrong with that at all.
But if possible dimensions, brand name, serial number, color would help in an overgoods search.