Overloaded with pickups, need advice

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would add on top of all this take all your break everyday before 3pm. Then you can add missed businesses to you list of stuff not to sign for.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Let them have their cake and eat it too.

Rts ( refeuse to sign ) anything they give you unless its safety. They want to keep barking at you for too much work, threaten files for harasment. Also, carry with you file forms, show them often. Within that you have power with a few sheets of paper. You have a right to defend yourself with such a pisspour system. Once they see you have the correct fire, the animals will stay back from it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Let them have their cake and eat it too.

Rts ( refeuse to sign ) anything they give you unless its safety. They want to keep barking at you for too much work, threaten files for harasment. Also, carry with you file forms, show them often. Within that you have power with a few sheets of paper. You have a right to defend yourself with such a pisspour system. Once they see you have the correct fire, the animals will stay back from it.

Sorry, but I do understand a lot of 'internet speak.' This post is way beyond that.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I'm pretty sure if I refuse to sign, they will try to threaten me with insubordination which is grounds for dismissal.

You said the key word "TRY". Let them fire you if they have the guts and take a little paid vacation. It won't hold up at panel and they know it. They won't back off as long as you let them push you around. They also won't fix anything as long as you continue to get the work done. Once you start missing pick-ups and they have to answer to a bigger boss, they will fix the problem if it makes them look bad.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I'm pretty sure if I refuse to sign, they will try to threaten me with insubordination which is grounds for dismissal.

welcome to the pissin' match.......they can't and won't dismiss you, if you document and keep pressuring Mgt. to fix the problem they created.....send a message everyday..or several messages, that you're not going to meet the expectations that they made (fabricated) without your input..........and by the way..I had a route about 20 yrs. ago that had 60 pickups...that I could complete without much difficulty.....Things have changed, drivers aren't allowed to be creative, and fix problems made by Mgt....can we all say MICROMANAGE

CharleyHustle

Buy a pocket notebook and write down everything that happens and what is said. Write down the names of everyone present and the times and the dates. Don't make threats, don't be rude or a smart mouth. As you are writing ask your boss how to spell their name, then ask your union Stewart how to spell his name. Ask your boss for the 1-800# to call for harassment complaints. On your area you MUST dot every "I" and cross every "T", no exceptions. My senses tell me there is something else going on. Do you have customer complaints? Accidents? Injuries? If you are running way over allowed this can put a target on your back, how do sub drivers do on your pick up run?

Buy a pocket notebook and write down everything that happens and what is said. Write down the names of everyone present and the times and the dates. Don't make threats, don't be rude or a smart mouth. As you are writing ask your boss how to spell their name, then ask your union Stewart how to spell his name. Ask your boss for the 1-800# to call for harassment complaints. On your area you MUST dot every "I" and cross every "T", no exceptions. My senses tell me there is something else going on. Do you have customer complaints? Accidents? Injuries? If you are running way over allowed this can put a target on your back, how do sub drivers do on your pick up run?

I never had any customer complaints, accidents or injuries. My customers absolutely love me. I never run over allowed and i follow the methods exactly. Whenever cover drivers run my route they absolutely screw it up, they deliver late and don't pickup on time. They can watch me all day long and won't find me doing anything wrong.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I never had any customer complaints, accidents or injuries. My customers absolutely love me. I never run over allowed and i follow the methods exactly. Whenever cover drivers run my route they absolutely screw it up, they deliver late and don't pickup on time. They can watch me all day long and won't find me doing anything wrong.

Run Forrest run.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Why in the world does your center manager want you to scan all of the packages at that one pickup stop?

I have a Lowe's on my route that also serves as a distribution center for Lowe's.com. I typically pickup 20-30 pieces from them, but have picked up a couple hundred. FedEx picks up most of their pieces.

In the beginning I would scan the pickup log. However, from time to time packages meant for FedEx would end up on my pallet, vice versa for FedEx. For this reason Lowe's asked us (UPS and FedEx) to scan each box. FedEx refused, while I just continued to scan the pickup log. Then I happened to end up at the FedEx Ground terminal where I picked up maybe 20 Lowe's packages meant for UPS that ended up with FedEx. This was during peak, so these were Christmas presents people would be tracking that UPS apparently "picked up" (because me scanning the pickup log said so), but were actually stored away at FedEx' facility because they would just wheel the pallets on the truck without checking each box, over the protests of Lowe's. At that point, I personally decided to scan each box, rather than the pickup log, so if a package went missing I'd know if I really picked it up. Interestingly, a second driver makes another pickup attempt in the afternoon, and he, too, scans each package.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. After months of FedEx refusing to scan the boxes, and with countless UPS as well as FedEx packages "disappearing", Lowe's decided to switch all of their shipping to UPS, easily a hundred pieces a day; only orders shipped to a PO box would continue to use FedEx. Lowe's corporate had told them to do this, although I also had a better rapport with the shipping dept. This arrangement lasted all of two days before FedEx changed their tune and sent a new driver to pick up the Lowe's account, one who now scans everything.

So, I can see why a driver might be directed to scan each individual piece: as a protection for that driver, as well as UPS' reputation.

So here's what happened at this mornings PCM. I was trying to pay attention to what the on car sup was telling us and the OMS lady pretty got in my face with the pickup compliance paper and wanted me to sign it right then and there without reviewing it. I took it and put it in my pocket. She said she needed that back now, I told her that I needed to review it before I sign it and proceeded to try and listen to the on car sups lecture. She said to me in a threatening manner, " you know what, imma talk to you outside." I felt threatened and proceeded to walk away. She continued by saying, you can walk away but I will find u and talk to u. Towards the end of the PCM I was walking out and she continued to tell me that she needed that compliance paper back. While I kept insisting to her that I had to review it first. She kept calling my name while I continued to walk away because I didn't feel like being threatened again by her.

Should I file a harassment complaint on her?

barnyard

KTM rider
So, I can see why a driver might be directed to scan each individual piece: as a protection for that driver, as well as UPS' reputation.

I was thinking that your example is a perfect reason to scan each package (I have had to do the same), but I did not feel like typing that much.

Thanks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
First of all what is the OMS doing all over you I would have laughed at her. Second like a million people have already told you as soon as they ask to talk/sign anything performance related ask to have a steward present!!!!!!! This really isn't that hard.

over9five

Staff member
A driver letting some OMS person get to him??? I think it would have been hard for me to not laugh in her face!!

Just hand it back to her and tell her no, you're not signing it.