Overloaded with pickups, need advice

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So here's what happened at this mornings PCM. I was trying to pay attention to what the on car sup was telling us and the OMS lady pretty got in my face with the pickup compliance paper and wanted me to sign it right then and there without reviewing it. I took it and put it in my pocket. She said she needed that back now, I told her that I needed to review it before I sign it and proceeded to try and listen to the on car sups lecture. She said to me in a threatening manner, " you know what, imma talk to you outside." I felt threatened and proceeded to walk away. She continued by saying, you can walk away but I will find u and talk to u. Towards the end of the PCM I was walking out and she continued to tell me that she needed that compliance paper back. While I kept insisting to her that I had to review it first. She kept calling my name while I continued to walk away because I didn't feel like being threatened again by her.

Should I file a harassment complaint on her?

You should have gave her the paper back, not signed.
If you can't handle that situation, I'm not sure the help you need is available within this forum.

curiousbrain

As a time-saver, an investment in a stamp similar to the following should be considered:

Refuse.jpg
Refuse.jpg

brownedout

*looks around for the Dislike button*

bummer...
...and your dislike is "noted". My question to you is what/why did you dislike? Bubbles made a very accurate assessment of what the OP is going through and "attempting" to deal with. He presented this forum with his problem and has been given numerous opinions of how to rectify, or at the very least keep management off his back. He apparently has not acted on any of this, and his problem persists. I feel bad for people who post of their problems, are given solutions and keep posting of same problems. "You can lead the camel to water, you cannot make it drink it"

I guess our local union must be different than the rest of you guys. My shop Stewart called me and told that the paperwork had to be signed and if I didn't it would be insubordination, but always write signed under protest. Our union has told him that its some kind of agreement between them and UPS. None of the paperwork will be used as a disciplinary action. As for the OMS lady threatening me, I kept a detail account of what happened and will be filing a complaint about her. Anyone know the number to call for harassment complaints?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I guess our local union must be different than the rest of you guys. My shop Stewart called me and told that the paperwork had to be signed and if I didn't it would be insubordination, but always write signed under protest. Our union has told him that its some kind of agreement between them and UPS. None of the paperwork will be used as a disciplinary action. As for the OMS lady threatening me, I kept a detail account of what happened and will be filing a complaint about her. Anyone know the number to call for harassment complaints?
Well, that 'agreement' doesn't hold water. I would, if it were me because I am that way, ask to see it in the contract. Because there is a clause in the contract that directly pertains to this subject.
Affectionately know as the Geo clause at my center.
Just so you are aware. You are being sold a bill of goods by a local that has sold it's soul.

S

splozi

My question to you is what/why did you dislike?

Not everybody in the world has an a-hole mindset, but I know that very many people at UPS do, including most of management. So it's easy to assume that he should have known how to handle a specific situation. I think he handled it just fine. Not everybody knows everything about this union... it seems to be a learning process that happens through experience... sooner rather than later with some.

I have never held a union job before starting at UPS. Before reading on this forum, I knew absolutely nothing about everything pertaining to how things work. I had absolutely no interest in it, and personally... I still don't give a rat's a** about unions. They're full of scum and mobsters as far as I'm concerned. But I also see that UPS's people aren't much better, so I suppose I should have somebody on my side.

When somebody doesn't quite know what do in a specific situation, *I* understand.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not everybody in the world has an a-hole mindset, but I know that very many people at UPS do, including most of management. So it's easy to assume that he should have known how to handle a specific situation. I think he handled it just fine. Not everybody knows everything about this union... it seems to be a learning process that happens through experience... sooner rather than later with some.

I have never held a union job before starting at UPS. Before reading on this forum, I knew absolutely nothing about everything pertaining to how things work. I had absolutely no interest in it, and personally... I still don't give a rat's a** about unions. They're full of scum and mobsters as far as I'm concerned. But I also see that UPS's people aren't much better, so I suppose I should have somebody on my side.

When somebody doesn't quite know what do in a specific situation, *I* understand.
you don't need to be an "a-hole" to stand up for yourself and do what's right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even I know that this just doesn't pass the smell test, especially the part about "none of the paperwork will be used as a disciplinary action". They are slowly but surely building a paper trail which they will most certainly use if the need arises.

As far as the OMS goes, I would simply go in Monday morning and politely but firmly tell her that her actions were inappropriate and that if she persists you will get the union involved. Don't give her a chance to respond--just walk away.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your shop stewarD is an idiot. The ONLY thing you have to sign is anything required by law.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Even I know that this just doesn't pass the smell test, especially the part about "none of the paperwork will be used as a disciplinary action". They are slowly but surely building a paper trail which they will most certainly use if the need arises.

As far as the OMS goes, I would simply go in Monday morning and politely but firmly tell her that her actions were inappropriate and that if she persists you will get the union involved. Don't give her a chance to respond--just walk away.

Not a bad plan, except for keeping the union out of it.
May I suggest you take your steward with you?
Having the steward present further validates the conversation.
Being a good witness is a stewards #1 duty.