Overmanagement

bumped

are you saying we can't have both?

you do understand business well enough to know you cant be successful planning to break even?

Oh, no, you can have both. There used to be both profit and integrity, but now it is all profit with little integrity left. We can't even go to and from work without UPS thinking we're stealing cell phones, so now we have to have little stickers on them to show we didn't steal them. There is very little trust left.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Oh, no, you can have both. There used to be both profit and integrity, but now it is all profit with little integrity left. We can't even go to and from work without UPS thinking we're stealing cell phones, so now we have to have little stickers on them to show we didn't steal them. There is very little trust left.

Usually when one individual thinks most others are thieves, liars, etc. its because they think everyone else is just like they are! The upper crust at UPS generalizes every negative they know about a few employees to the rest of us, to the detriment of any positive relationship that ever existed. Heck, they'll bond me to $500,000 dollars but they think I'm gonna hide packages and steal time? Let alone other people's property! My customers trust me more than my employer does, and they treat me better too. I have a badge to access any of three main buildings of the state health dept. here. My husband could badge into the freaking FBI before they moved off his route.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
... What happened to the ERI? They don't CARE what we think if them because they don't think much of us. Pay part timers what they're worth and quit harassing the rest of us then we could work together to keep this company out of the toilet.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
are you saying we can't have both?

you do understand business well enough to know you cant be successful planning to break even?

We're not idiots, dude, and I want this company to be more profitable than ever because I enjoy my job and have hard-earned $$ invested here. I want to be proud of where I work. You don't have to be a creep to be rich, believe it or not.

bumped

... What happened to the ERI? They don't CARE what we think if them because they don't think much of us. Pay part timers what they're worth and quit harassing the rest of us then we could work together to keep this company out of the toilet.

They still have the ERI, but not everyone takes it. I was chosen to take it this year, and not any of the last 2 years, so it may be sort of random.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Tie-people, push back from your desks for a minute. We had six tier-3s in four days last week in NC. In the past month we've had two fights on the clock... One employee lost his freaking EYEBALL. We are accused daily and accosted with tons of paperwork to sign for "errors" that we did not commit. I can understand the incidents that have occurred recently in light of the hostile work environment that is being created by overmanagement.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Hubrat, to whom I have no recollection, brought forth a breath of fresh air into this stale debate.
Tie's nose must be bleeding as his eyes water.
It's always fun/painful to watch Tie try to extract one contentious snibet, in an attempt to divert the attention from the overwelmingly obvious plot of the original post.
Welcome back Hubrat...oh yea, and you too Tie.

tieguy

Banned
We're not idiots, dude, and I want this company to be more profitable than ever because I enjoy my job and have hard-earned $$ invested here. I want to be proud of where I work. You don't have to be a creep to be rich, believe it or not.

I'm glad to know you're not an idiot but I'm not sure you answered the question when you quoted it.

some tend to act and think as if the gathering of profits is some type of evil process. The OP who started this thread has now gone from claiming that he has been yelled at and not allowed to exercise his own superior wisdom to now claiming or alluding to some integrity issue being violated in the pursuit of profits. I would think the alleged integrity issue would have been a better way to lead this thread. Instead he came in with abuse when that did not work then it is was denial of autonomy and when that did not work he then claimed violations of integrity. I cant wait to see what new offense awaits us.

Last edited:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Brown up man. You have no idea what is going on out here.

I'm glad to know you're not an idiot but I'm not sure you answered the question when you quoted it.

some tend to act and think as if the gathering of profits is some type of evil process. The OP who started this thread has now gone from claiming that he has been yelled at and not allowed to exercise his own superior wisdom to now claiming or alluding to some integrity issue being violated in the pursuit of profits. I would think the alleged integrity issue would have been a better way to lead this thread. Instead he came in with abuse when that did not work then it is was denial of autonomy and when that did not work he then claimed violations of integrity. I cant wait to see what new offense awaits us.

Are you a part time or full time supervisor? The full time supervisors where I work in the Nassau Hub would love if that was there only problem. They are openly belittled and insulted daily. They abuse the heck out of those poor guys. Work them like 14 hours a day and constantly tell them how bad they are. The full timers in my building are either 1. on heavy medication for stress 2. on a doctors restriction or 3. out long term. Even though they are management I kind of feel bad for them. But don't think it's just you. Infact two fulltimers in my building recently quit. You should see how they treat these guys in my building.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We had six tier-3s in four days last week in NC. In the past month we've had two fights on the clock... One employee lost his freaking EYEBALL. We are accused daily and accosted with tons of paperwork to sign for "errors" that we did not commit. (Must have been the package fairy)
I can understand the incidents that have occurred recently in light of the hostile work environment that is being created by overmanagement.

Exactly how would this be managements fault.....please elaborate so we may learn something from this tragic incident.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ups is a hostile work enviroment....period. please everyone don't sugar coat this.ups has to hake a profit...that is not the problem....problem is the "culture" that jim casey promoted and wanted is not the same as it is now.the economy in the last couple of years adds to the problems this company is experiencing ..but something else is going on here.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
(Must have been the package fairy)

Exactly how would this be managements fault.....please elaborate so we may learn something from this tragic incident.

I meant what I said and that was absolutely nothing about "managements fault". It is coming from the executive level and, as I said, management is being harassed as well.

I work by the procedures I was taught, which included not dr-ing a signature required package in a high traffic, low income area. So having a send again Is not an error.

Creep.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
and I think ups wastes a lot of money with all the paperwork involved in overmanaging employees to the point where it makes them resentful towards the company.
I have been reproached a few times for refusing to discipline employees for insignificant mistakes.I have about had it with the being screamed at for things that I can't change due to cutbacks.I have about had enough,

As I understand it, the massive paper trail they are creating is just now moving up the east coast, so I'm curious about where you are.
Many of the "mistakes" we are being accused of are bogus. Example: we are told to pull off any know closed businesses, so on Fridays there are many dentists', etc packages left in the building. A couple weeks ago we all got written up for no delivery scans on multiple packages. We were told to pull them off, NOT to deliver them. Error my arse. Not on my part.