Overpaid by 3 hours?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by snarts, Sep 22, 2016.

1. snarts

snarts Member

Should I inform my supervisor or should I stay quiet and keep it and when they eventually mess up my minutes for their benefit call it even?
  2. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

dont say a word
  3. tacken

tacken Active Member

AHH yes say something.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Ask your supervisor if your pay is right if you feel it's a mistake. Before then go over the hours for the previous week and make sure you didn't forget about something.
  5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I don't know why you would even need to ask this question but whatever. Morally, you should tell your supervisor and let the company figure it out. If you have no morals then do whatever the hell you want and let the chips fall. If the company catches the error later on, you will pay it pay it back. Many times for such a small amount, it's a pain and they just let you keep the money.
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

If you say nothing.. You are as bad as they are.

"They" being the butt hole sups who short our checks 'accidentally'.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Keep your mouth shut
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

Say something...but they won't fix it I can almost guarantee that
  9. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Let them know. Sometimes the will let it go because they don't want to take the time to correct the mistake, but leave that option to them.
  10. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

The only two things you have here,,, are seniority and integrity !! Don't ever let them question your integrity !!
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

If you verify the hours are clrrect and you were overpaid, they maybe could can you for dishonesty and theft?
    They seem to be looking for any excuse to fire folks nowadays......
  12. Smellsmira

Smellsmira Member

13. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

You could just not notice though
  14. Smellsmira

Smellsmira Member

Well when they eventually find it they could demand it....and it's the right thing to do. We come on this forum and chew out management for stealing money and all types of things....then when we have the opportunity to steal or "not notice" something we don't do anything about it? Hypocritical?
  15. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the contract there is language that says, to the effect, that if an overpayment is made then after a certain number of days the company can't do anything about it.

If they ask just say, "I dunno......I just put my check in my pocket and forget about it (assuming direct deposit).".
  16. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Mention it to management 1 time. If they choose to let it slide for whatever reason, your obligation to bring it to their attention is satisfied. I wouldn't nag them about it over and over after that. They have more important things on their mind.
  17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

It's not even that. I'm the first one to go into the office and speak up when my paycheck is shorted by minutes. So, the two times I was ever overpaid....I told my manager about it because it's the right thing to do.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

I hope you never carry that type of "integrity" over into becoming a driver.

You put a target on your back with that mentality.
  19. matty_lawn

matty_lawn Active Member

Fair enough. Thanks for being civil
  20. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Sure thing mom.