Overtime over time pay for working Dec 31st

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I'm sure the shortage wasn't on purpose. Lol.If communication between departments like payroll and the centers were more verbal might be better, just saying.

EasyTrucker

My supplement says "required to work", but we get paid double time for Sundays and time and a half for holidays when we volunteer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I somehow managed to get paid not only overtime, but worked 5 hours and was paid 3 the hours guarantee at OT as well. They said it was a paid actual and I never mentioned I wanted my guarantee so I guess I got lucky.
Will you pay the company back in a timely manner or else charge yourself a penalty?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's under Article 60 Section 2 (A)

Like I said, I may be wrong.
When I was forced in, I was always paid premium rate.
When I had enough seniority, I never signed the list because I would take the day off instead.

For instance, our supplement says we get premium rate if we are required to work on Sunday. During peak, they put up a list if anyone's interested in Sunday sort. Everyone who signs that list is paid at straight time because they voluntarily asked to work. Those 8 hours are valuable to FT drivers because they count towards your 60 DOT hours. The word "required" in the language is very specific.

(The one thing that is screwing me up is the Sunday before Xmas that we worked. Everyone that came in and worked volunteered, yet they were all paid premium rate. I don't think this was a contract thing but more of an incentive for more drivers to come in.)
You're right, but if you read on to Section 3 you'll see it's expanded to include anyone who works and it also has language for an 8 hour guarantee on holidays.