Overweights or Incompatibles

The person on the route before me had a 700, it was high enough to make the grade without running aground but the truck's transmission wouldn't make it up the driveway. This is according to the previous driver, since then I upgraded to an 800 because I wanted the extra room and had no intention of driving on driveways like those, so much can go wrong under different circumstances. As a matter of fact on the second house I know for a fact a Fed Ex truck went over the side of the driveway and it took two tow trucks to get it out. Its hard to see but where the driveway curls off on the right its a straight drop down, according to the homeowner, his left side went over and only a tree saved him from flipping. Apparently his truck was having issues going up and he gunned it, misjudged I suppose.

Three out of the four trucks i load have that problem. From the floor to the ceiling and every space in between. Makes me sick when i see big boxes coming down my slide, knowing i cant chunk them in untill all the small :censored2: goes in first. 250-320 pieces, I feel bad for the drivers sometimes.

Cementups

Box Monkey
View attachment 71728
I suppose you'd have me run aground here as opposed to walking it up?
On my first FT route about 15 years ago I went up a pretty steep driveway. Had the angle just right for entry and knew I would get a little scrape on the street when I went up. It was a loop driveway and the other end to come back out wasn't as steep so I knew I would make it. Unfortunately the owner had his Lexus parked in the driveway and wasn't moving. SO I attempted to back down the way I came in......And got the rear bumper jammed into the street. FFFFFFFFF!!!!!! I only had one option. I had to unload my last pickup, a big bulk stop, into the street, back it down once I got enough weight out and then reload it all back into the truck. I'll never do that again.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I get no tips on my route, been here just over a year now.
Most people don't tip anymore, they use to be happy to see us now they just wait to open the door when they hear the truck takeoff or open the door before you get there and literally grab their damn Amazon box out of your hands and not say one word to you... A thank you is so old school now, most people don't give a 5H1T about anyone and this goes for many of our customers especially the residentially... I've seen this happen over the years

Coldworld

60 months and counting
On my first FT route about 15 years ago I went up a pretty steep driveway. Had the angle just right for entry and knew I would get a little scrape on the street when I went up. It was a loop driveway and the other end to come back out wasn't as steep so I knew I would make it. Unfortunately the owner had his Lexus parked in the driveway and wasn't moving. SO I attempted to back down the way I came in......And got the rear bumper jammed into the street. FFFFFFFFF!!!!!! I only had one option. I had to unload my last pickup, a big bulk stop, into the street, back it down once I got enough weight out and then reload it all back into the truck. I'll never do that again.
Damn man that driveway had to cost a fortune must be thousands of bricks layed there.