Overweights

ncupser82

According to my center manager there is no specific place that overweights belong, ie in the rear of the vehicle! Today I had 79 lbs and 74 lbs packages loaded behind my bulk head door...a common occurrence! Of course we are all adapters to the stuff they throw at us, but one day their neglect will result in injury...which will undoubtedly be our fault (methods and procedures)! But what I loved the most about our conversation was that he compared overweights to our handcart...not drawing a correlation? Yeah, me neither! After pointing out to him that handcart do not weigh in the excess of 70 lbs and have wheels to maneuver them when needed, he said "be safe out there!" End result: overweights are now allowed anywhere in the truck...can't wait to get the 80 pounder on the back of my 7k shelf!

Sent using BrownCafe App

degill7994

Send oms a message that you need help with overweight and that they need to send another bargaining unit employee to help you. Don't want to get hurt lifting out of your power zone.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M

MenInBrown

My
Send oms a message that you need help with overweight and that they need to send another bargaining unit employee to help you. Don't want to get hurt lifting out of your power zone.

Sent using BrownCafe App
my truck is better than yours ;) I like the pkgs that come now with the "team lift" stickers on it.

Foamer Pyle

Sent using BrownCafe App
I have sent that message many times, and 9 times out of 10, never get help. If you don't deliver it, that box will be on the car the next day, and no help will come.
I rolled a hundred pound box up three flights of stairs one time because I was tired of looking at it every day. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, and sounded like a box of keys by the time it got to the front door.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My

my truck is better than yours ;) I like the pkgs that come now with the "team lift" stickers on it.
Yeah, never mind that. How about the "Mech(Mechanical) Lift Only" stickers. Residential consignee asked about that the other day. I asked if he happened to have a fork lift in his living room.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was pertaining to Feeders?

Anyway, do we still have restrictions on these heavy hitters? I honestly can say it seems our regular weight limit is 150 pounds. Not even on the radar for anyone, including the union.

Z

ZQXC

Whenever a preloader waits for someone to help him load an overweight pkg. on my truck, I usually ask: "Where's the sumbeach that going to help me unload that?"

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
According to my center manager there is no specific place that overweights belong, ie in the rear of the vehicle! Today I had 79 lbs and 74 lbs packages loaded behind my bulk head door...a common occurrence! Of course we are all adapters to the stuff they throw at us, but one day their neglect will result in injury...which will undoubtedly be our fault (methods and procedures)! But what I loved the most about our conversation was that he compared overweights to our handcart...not drawing a correlation? Yeah, me neither! After pointing out to him that handcart do not weigh in the excess of 70 lbs and have wheels to maneuver them when needed, he said "be safe out there!" End result: overweights are now allowed anywhere in the truck...can't wait to get the 80 pounder on the back of my 7k shelf!

Sent using BrownCafe App
There's no specific place in the truck to put overweights? The floor. Nothing over 50 pounds should ever touch a shelf, regardless of the size of the package.

Big Bad Wolf

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1400325889.831067.jpg

So where do we stuff this overweight?

Where are you pigs now?

Z

ZQXC

There's no specific place in the truck to put overweights? The floor. Nothing over 50 pounds should ever touch a shelf, regardless of the size of the package.

We had a dumb-ass loader that was also a human forklift.
(Dangerous combination, by the way)
He would put an overweight on the shelf, sometimes on top of a helpless box. Ordered a large; got a medium. C'mon man

Dweezel

Alert management through diad message 30 minutes prior to delivering the overweight that you require assistance. If no assistance is available sheet as missed. Rinse and repeat. If you are injured trying to move the overweight yourself file a injury report. Pretty simple.

Sent using BrownCafe App

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
At one time there was a 50 lb max. I went on vacation and a female driver ran my route. The Monday or Tuesday I got back I had a HUGE box in my car that had been picked up the week I was off, weighed in route, and RTS'd back. I couldn't budge it. The shipper had to unload it with a forklift. I made them weigh it while I was there. it was right at 300 lbs. I asked the cover driver what was she thinking? She just batted her eyelashes and said "I didn't know. They were nice enough to load it for me. I never even touched it." arrrrgggghhhhh

oldngray

nowhere special
At one time there was a 50 lb max. I went on vacation and a female driver ran my route. The Monday or Tuesday I got back I had a HUGE box in my car that had been picked up the week I was off, weighed in route, and RTS'd back. I couldn't budge it. The shipper had to unload it with a forklift. I made them weigh it while I was there. it was right at 300 lbs. I asked the cover driver what was she thinking? She just batted her eyelashes and said "I didn't know. They were nice enough to load it for me. I never even touched it." arrrrgggghhhhh

I had that problem with another driver that picked up at a stop I delivered to. I had to keep returning junk he picked up he shouldn't have and his attitude was one of not caring in the least.