Owners?

eiknx

I start at 6am, done by 6pm most of the time. Today got out early tho. For the past months, before peek, I been doing 110-115 (240-280 packages) with 15-20 (300-450 packages) pickups, so total of 135-145?. Started working 10 months ago, so I'm itchy still, less then before tho sorry.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
750/40 = 18.75.

At 12.50 per hour add an additional 30-40 percent for a full benefits package and his hourly would be 16.25-17.50.

So is 18.75 per hour a fair wage or 12.50 per hour plus full benefits?

That's based off his workload.

He said he works 60 per week.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just want to know what others drivers for contractors get paid, to see if he is playing me.

IMO, you are all being played. Go apply at Express and you'll be making more per hour with actual (poor) benefits. Very little chance of going FT. If you have a Class B, consider a truck line or maybe even FedEx Freight. At least you'd get a benefit package there. I don't really recommend any of the FedEx opcos. If you want to be a career driver, get on with a union carrier, and get yourself a Class A license.

STFXG

You're right. I missed that. 750 is low for those hours... But you're still paid on par with most drivers. "Fair" would be closer to 900. That'd be 12.50 hourly plus overtime.

vantexan

Starting Express courier is at 17.50 at lower market areas.
That means not expensive city areas . Need to clarify sorry. Not sure if ground drivers know our lingo.
I would hazard a guess that big city couriers are starting around 20.50 maybe more. Not sure about that one, am sure about lower market though.

Lowest payscale started at $14.46hr before last March. Not sure if starting pay was raised then but at least half of the country is under the two lowest payscales, including quite a few larger cities and very expensive resort towns. FedEx doesn't base payscale on fairness but on the lowest they can pay and still attract and keep employees. I don't think any of our payscales start at $20.50 as usually there's about a $7-$8 dollar difference between starting pay and top-out. And MFE is right, a major contributing factor IMO to Express getting 2% raises for awhile and 3% for many of us now is that they can find drivers for Ground who'll do it for considerably less. That, plus no chance of a union makes them confidant they can pay less and get away with it. Another reason they get away with it is the mythology that FedEx couriers make great money. People think if they can get on they have it made.

Nolimitz

Starting Express courier is at 17.50 at lower market areas.
That means not expensive city areas . Need to clarify sorry. Not sure if ground drivers know our lingo.
I would hazard a guess that big city couriers are starting around 20.50 maybe more. Not sure about that one, am sure about lower market though.

WRONG! I have been w/ express for almost 3 yrs and still dont make 17,50 hr

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
This is current, 2012 pay scales...

Payscale
Start Top-out
L 19.03 28.07
J 17.80 26.99
H 17.22 26.08
friend 16.66 25.25
E 16.08 24.38
A 15.53 23.59
B 14.46 22.57

This is for a regular courier.

A

Amigonnamakeit

Starting pay on the top two is more than I make after 12 years!
I've been on the high end and the low end of the pay scale. I'm currently on the B market pay scale and this year I finally passed what I was making 10 years ago. Something is not right about that. It's the same job!

vantexan

Starting pay on the top two is more than I make after 12 years!

I think for most B markets, I'm in a B market, the top-out is fair. It's just getting to that point. At the rate it's going, factoring in inflation, I won't be much better off than I am now when I catch the current top-out, and at $18.17 I'm not all that much better off than when I was rehired 14 years ago.

whenIgetthere

I went from the H scale to the B scale three years ago when I transferred. Top out on the B scale is only two bucks and change more than I was making at the H.

overflowed

Lowest payscale started at $14.46hr before last March. Not sure if starting pay was raised then but at least half of the country is under the two lowest payscales, including quite a few larger cities and very expensive resort towns. FedEx doesn't base payscale on fairness but on the lowest they can pay and still attract and keep employees. I don't think any of our payscales start at $20.50 as usually there's about a $7-$8 dollar difference between starting pay and top-out. And MFE is right, a major contributing factor IMO to Express getting 2% raises for awhile and 3% for many of us now is that they can find drivers for Ground who'll do it for considerably less. That, plus no chance of a union makes them confidant they can pay less and get away with it. Another reason they get away with it is the mythology that FedEx couriers make great money. People think if they can get on they have it made.
Sorry, when I said 17.50 at lower market I meant not the highest market area. Highest market area was 18.50 5 years ago. This I know absolutely positively. I find out what market area exactly is 17.50, I didn't mean the lowest as Timbuktoo Kentucky.

overflowed

17.50 according to that the area I am talking would be H swing driver. Sorry, never realized a B market area went that low. When I said lower market area I meant not highest L. I asked a new hire swing recently. Pissed me off something fierce.